Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reconnecting speaker wire  (Read 1238 times)

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
Reconnecting speaker wire
« on: July 07, 2011, 08:16:44 PM »

anyone else tried to reconnect fairing speaker wire?  the female plug is difficult to locate and impossible to slip between the headlight and chrome backing plate.  what the hell were they thinking?  maybe i'll just chuck the tunes and listen to my exhaust instead.
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Craigisdad

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 flstse2
Re: Reconnecting speaker wire
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 10:33:33 PM »

Seems like there is one spot if you have the plug just right, it will go, otherwise it is nearly impossible. Make sure you have the female end where you want it before you put the faring on, it makes it a little easier. I almost gave up also, but after learning some tricks I am starting to enjoy it a lot more, so don't give up yet. Ride safe!!!
Craig

ROADROD

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 street glide
    • CVO2: 2006 v-rod yellow
    • CVO3: 2003 silver/black harley truck
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 03:10:05 PM »

yes there are some tricks to connecting it.. i have mine on and off all the time..for me the easiest is..i lay a heavy towel on the fender and kind of rest the fairing on the fender and steady it with my elbow..then with one hand push the headlight down.(headlight is rubber mounted) and take other hand and push wire through..if you push down on headlight there is plently of room for wire to fit through...

Mach

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 10:22:47 AM »

Maybe I am off here but I put the connector through the top right corner of the light first then put the faring on.  I reach my hand to the top right corner, grab the connector, feel around and grab the other connector.  I have more of a problem mounting the faring on the rubber mounts than connecting the connector.

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »

x2 for that one , speaker wire is ok once you get the hang of it , but get the fairing seated properly does take a bit of a knack.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.