Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Throttle grip sticking  (Read 1467 times)

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Throttle grip sticking
« on: July 09, 2011, 10:37:55 AM »

Has anybody had their throttle grip in a sticky situation??  Took it in yesterday as it has been sticking.  The counter guy looked at it and opened the throttle about half while it was off.  It stayed right there.  ???  He said, "yeah, I'd say it is sticking".  About a half hour later it was fixed.  I mean working fine!  Pull it open and it snapps back.  He said whoever put it together got a part in wrong  (guess those guys at the factory better stop putting fly by wire throttles together).  But like I said, it works preemo now.  I try to be real fussy about what I take back to the dealer.  This ending is not normal.     But a big red dancing pepper for the wrench!! :pepper:  Pork

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Throttle grip sticking
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 11:37:51 AM »

:confused5:
They may indeed have put a part in the throttle assembly wrong thus causing the "sticky" situation.  However,  it can and will also happen if you swap out your grips and during the re-install,  you slide the whole assembly too far forward on the (handlebar).

If the very end of the handlebar makes contact with the underside (inside) of the rubber grip,  it will retard the "spring return" of the throttle.  I've had that happen and the solution is to leave about an 1/8" gap and then tighten the grip assembly screws down.  My situation occurred on the cable type throttle,  but I would assume it could also occur for the same reason on a fly by wire setup. :drink:

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.