Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: New 2012 CVOs  (Read 50815 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: New 2012 CVOs
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2011, 05:01:35 PM »

Yep, looking like the 110 year anniversary CVO's are hopefully an improvement, maybe 120" engine and option not to get speakers in the bags, etc. Let us order what we want on a 'Custom' vehicle would be refreshing. Dream on. :confused5: :2vrolijk_21:

Joe, quick wake up......you're having a bad dream.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

WYD OPN

• FULL THROTTLE ONLY
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: LINE-BUILT 17>14:FLHTKSE 17:FLHXSE•FXSE/PS 16:FLTRUSE•FLHXSE•FXSE/PS 15:FLTRUSE•FLHXSE•FLSTNSE 14:FLHRSE•FLSTNSE•FXSBSE 13>10:FLHTCUSE 13:FLTRXSE•FLHRSE•FXSBSE 12:FLTRXSE•FLHXSE•FLSTSE 11:FLTRUSE•FLHXSE•FLSTSE 10:FLHXSE•FLSTSE•FXDFSE
    • CVO2: TEAM-BUILT 09>06:FLHTCUSE 09:FLTRSE•FXSTSSE•FXDFSE 08:FLHRSE•FXSTSSE•FXDSE 07:FLHRSE•FXSTSSE•FXDSE 06:FLSTFSE•VRSCSE•VRXSE 05:FLHTCSE•FLSTFSE•VRSCSE 04:FLHTCSE•FXSTDSE 03:FLHRSEI•FXSTDSE 02:FLHRSEI•FXDWG 01:FLTRSEI•FXDWG 00:FLTRSEI•FXR4/2 99:FXR3/2•FXR2/2
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2011, 05:12:52 PM »

It looks like they didn't use up all the Ford F150 King Ranch saddle leather on those half-dozen 2010 FXDFSE2s they sold.  The distressed "Bonanza/Ponderosa" seat is back for a reprise on the Satin Pewter FLSTSE3, and with bags to match. :o :-[

...and me without my suede and alligator cowboy ridin' boots and chaps. ::)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2011, 06:39:11 PM »

Yes, the paint scheme on the 12 SEUC went down hill compared to the 11.5! :2vrolijk_21:
+Agree! Paint and graphics lacking imagination compared to 11.5 and 09 SEUC IMHO. Gonna keep mine! On the plus side no flames...sorry I know lots of my fellow members have and love them, I was just wanting to see a little more fore thought.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

jamnflhxse2

• 1K CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Arrived 12-19-14
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2011, 07:00:38 PM »

Overall just ok! I do like the copper looking SESG, but could do w/o the flames! Still would like to see how much space is lost in the bag the amp is in, and the 5x7's in both lids! My wife is really happy that I am not looking to move up to a '12! Safe riding all!!

Jerry/MD

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2011, 09:42:07 PM »

Well I'm gonna buck the trend...I kinda like the new SEUC colors. I wasn't a fan of the flames. Plus, I'm sure they will look better in person.

Interesting they brought back the Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon colors on the SESG. Still, there is nothing in the 2012 lineup that would make me pull the trigger on a new bike.

PMG1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 10:01:28 PM »

Only one really is the Black Street Glide. Just not getting the colors right. Have lots more opinions but all have already been addressed here. Maybe 2013 we will see. Glad HOG stock is doing well

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2011, 10:07:33 PM »

I was all excited for the 2012 CVO release, just like Christmas as a kid, but was really let down when I open the website to see the color schemes and upgrades. I really would like to have a SESG but not sure the 2012' is the answer. I need to see them in person. Maybe a 2011 would be a better option for me. I'm not a RG guy but the RG Maple paint is awesome. IMHO
Supershooter

Harley Guy 5

• Full CVO Member
  • Hard Work will get you everything
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2011, 11:26:52 PM »

I'm glad I did the 2011 Rio Red with the Flames  Red and Flames just go together (Fast and sexy)
If i was looking at getting a cvo for 2012 i would  have to wait for the 2013. or have to have it custom painted :D
But when i see that Yellow up close  I my have to rethink this. :P
2011 FLHTCUSE6
Do I Need To Say More
Aspen Classic Camp Trailer
Bushtec Turbo II
Looking Forward To Counting the White Lines

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2011, 01:29:23 AM »

Still, there is nothing in the 2012 lineup that would make me pull the trigger on a new bike.

Thus endeth the lesson.....in the oh so famous words of Hubbard! Mediocre offerings at best.
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 01:38:39 AM »

Just to confirm/clarify. Did the MOCO FINALLY get smart and incorporate the proximity security fob and the remote lock fob into 1 ??? If so, THIS BETTER BE AVAILABLE for my 2010. That is something that should have been done when they introduced the remote lock feature. Who the h*LL wants to carry two large fobs everywhere you go  :soapbox:

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2011, 04:10:48 AM »

I'm glad I did the 2011 Rio Red with the Flames  Red and Flames just go together (Fast and sexy)
If i was looking at getting a cvo for 2012 i would  have to wait for the 2013. or have to have it custom painted :D
But when i see that Yellow up close  I my have to rethink this. :P

I didn't see the red one until after I bought blue but yes the Red Rio w/ flames are hot colors for sure.
Congrats on picking yours.

I'm diggin the flames but there are some great looking sleds in the previous CVO lineup. The Copper or black 2012 SESG and the Maple SERG are the new ones that look the best IMO. As always, it's best to see one in person. 
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

Trimster

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 99 FXR2
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2011, 06:41:29 AM »

Just to confirm/clarify. Did the MOCO FINALLY get smart and incorporate the proximity security fob and the remote lock fob into 1 ??? If so, THIS BETTER BE AVAILABLE for my 2010. That is something that should have been done when they introduced the remote lock feature. Who the h*LL wants to carry two large fobs everywhere you go  :soapbox:

X2   Inquiring minds want to know.
Al

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2011, 06:53:07 AM »

My 09' CVO Roadie is a little old. But, It still looks BETTER!!! I love my

Screaming Eagle on the fairing, instead of the Screaming Skull!!! I think

"Willie" and the design team had too much Kool-aid while working on 2012.

2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 07:30:38 AM »

Here's the thing that amazes me. The MoCo is very much aware of this website. You'd think with 15,000 CVOHeads worldwide on one site, they'd ask the martiaN for permission to print a survey seeking our input on improvements, additions, deletions etc. I think people have been stroking Willie G for so long he thinks it's still 1970 and he's just introduced the most amazing factory custom in history (Super Glide) All of these bikes look like they were designed by Jason Poole at OCC. Especially the Dyna that got mixed up somewhere on the assembly line and ended up being completed on the Road King line. Again, nothing that makes me want to give up my lust for a 2009 SERG (B/W/O) and another 03 SERK.

B B

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2011, 09:01:48 AM »

Press release from MoCo regarding 2012 CVO's..

2012 CVO Bikes Offer Stunning Style and Thrilling Performance

MILWAUKEE (July 20, 2011) - Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM  emphasizes exclusive styling and inspiring performance with four limited-production motorcycle models for 2012. Decked out with bold paint, gleaming chrome, high-output audio and the most-powerful V-Twin engines offered in production Harley-Davidson motorcycles, each CVO model is a rolling object of desire for the discerning motorcyclist.

Each 2012 CVO model is powered by the fuel-injected Twin Cam 110™ V-Twin, the largest-displacement engine offered in a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, rated at up to 122 ft. lbs. of torque. This engine is only available from the factory in CVO models. CVO motorcycles are customized using premium accessories and paint treatments combined with numerous items from the Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories catalog. The CVO program is often used to introduce new custom components and techniques before they are offered as individual accessories. Harley-Davidson CVO motorcycles are backed by a two-year, unlimited mileage warranty.

Harley-Davidson is offering an all-new CVO model for 2012:

•2012 CVO Road Glide Custom: This hot-rod bagger combines a distinctive shark-nose, frame-mounted fairing with a road-hugging, slammed profile for a look that’s sure to turn heads. A high-output, amplified Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio radio features CD/AM/FM/WB and delivers 100 watts per channel to five-by-seven-inch fairing-mount speakers and two-inch dash-mount tweeters. An included 8GB Apple iPod nano connects via an interface and holder located in the right-side saddlebag. Exclusive custom features include a smoked Wind Splitter windshield; a two-piece custom seat with removable pillion and color-coordinated stitching and cover; and a color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console with illuminated CVO graphic insert. A 19-inch Contrast Chrome Agitator Custom front wheel leads this beauty down the road.
Three CVO models return for 2012 with new paint schemes and features:

•2012 CVO Street Glide: A high-performance bagger with a fork-mounted bat-wing fairing, the CVO Street Glide has enhanced audio performance with a two-amp/eight-speaker system that includes speakers in the fairing, fairing lowers, and now also in the saddlebag lids. Also new is a low-profile solo touring seat with an embossed insert pattern, detachable  passenger pillion and backrest pad, and Diamond Cut Charcoal engine cover inserts and instrument faces. Three new color combinations are available.

•2012 CVO Softail Convertible: Detachable compact fairing, saddlebags, passenger pillion and backrest make it possible to transform the CVO Softail Convertible from touring to cruising format in minutes. For 2012, a redesigned windshield significantly reduces turbulence to the rider and integrates a Road Tech™ zūmo 660 GPS Navigator with an MP3 player. Turn-by-turn voice commands play over the two-speaker audio system. The detachable leather saddlebags match the seat and passenger backrest in either distressed brown leather or black leather with reptile inserts. A welded mini-ape handlebar adds a  custom touch. Electronic cruise control, keyless ignition and an Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) provide touring functionality. Three new color combinations are available.

•2012 CVO™ Ultra Classic® Electra Glide®: This ultimate long-haul touring motorcycle is ready to take on the most-challenging touring assignments with style. New features for 2012 start with BOOM!™ Audio High Performance BOOM! Bagger™ Speakers plus new BOOM!™ Audio Bass Booster Ports in the Tour-Pak bottom liner. These are all powered by an amplifier tuned to match the dynamics of the speakers and the motorcycle environment. An 8GB Apple iPod nano and iPod interface completes the audio package. The CVO Ultra rolls on new Mirror Chrome Chisel Custom wheels with matching brake rotors, and the King Tour-Pak features new chrome LED brake/tail lamps. The suspended, dual-control heated, two-up seat and adjustable passenger backrest have an H-D Bar & Shield monogram and pebbled pattern texture. Electronic Throttle Control (ETC), cruise control, and ABS are standard equipment. Three new color combinations are available.

Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson  motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 21 queries.