Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 2011.5 Big Blue flames graphic on the top box to match panniers...  (Read 2153 times)

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Tough match?

It could be all the blue work, on the black background, and would have to sweep back and down a little.  I think it might look better than stock? 
Your thoughts?  You Artists out there, what do you think?

Cowboy in Oz...

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: 2011.5 Big Blue flames graphic on the top box to match panniers...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 12:42:44 AM »

No help here other than yes it needs some help. We were thinking this the other day as well. Wonder if a ghost flame would blend in and not so bold as cobalt paint?
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 12:52:10 AM »

CVO Thunder,

I am surprised that HD does not offer something.... They leave obvious gaps to sell us more bits and pieces, like zinc plated engine bolts, like zinc footpeg bolts, like the chrome insert piece missing aorund the stereo, like not chroming the starter, like no LED tail light, like a lot of other "Gaps" in the bike for us to fill in if we want.  But all those bits are shrewd marketing tricks to get us to dress our scooters up... OK, I get that...

This just seems like the dropped the ball on Marketing here, they should allow us to swap the top box in for a painted one, or have some solution like that. 

Any Painters amongst you Brothers?  How hard would it be to match it up when the pieces are not touching...

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 11:13:32 AM »

I would think a painter would be able to get the paint directly from Harley-Davidson so matching would not be an issue. I know we can buy touch up paint directly from a dealer.

I know we all have different tastes but for me flames up on the Tour-Pak would be a bit much. I am considering having the Candy Cobalt on the bottom 1/3 with a silver pinstripe on top of that like what is on the front fender and leaving the top 2/3 Twilight Blue.

Good luck!
Fullsac X-Pipe "B", TTS Mastertune, Rinehart Slip-ons, full LED conversion

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 07:29:40 PM »

I know we all have different tastes but for me flames up on the Tour-Pak would be a bit much. I am considering having the Candy Cobalt on the bottom 1/3 with a silver pinstripe on top of that like what is on the front fender and leaving the top 2/3 Twilight Blue.

Good luck!

I probably agree with you... But the all black box just looks like an add on, I think it does need something.  I will only get my BIG BLUE today at noon, about three hours from now Australian time, so it is going to take weeks of looking at it over coffee, and more than a few bottles of wine, probably a couple "Scotch on the Rocks" sessions to figure out just what to do with it... And it may be nothing, just get used to it..

Thanks for your input on it... I am going to see if any other Cooks have some spice ideas to throw in as well... 
Regards from "Down Under" that will be TOP OF THE WORLD in about three hours...  Cowboy in Oz...

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 09:36:20 PM »

Personally I would leave that BLUE box alone looks great the way it is. IMHO

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 09:55:51 PM »

Personally I would leave that BLUE box alone looks great the way it is. IMHO

Once cowboy get's his bike home and in the sunlight he will see the tour pack is the dark blue.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 01:02:09 AM »

Right you are,
on Cloud 9 I am,

No more blah blah blah...  BIG BLUE IS ON THE ROAD IN OZ....  When I get time I will show you some pictures of the international difference, a few minor ones you might find interesting...

Right now running HD LED Headlights and Tail light, HD wind buffet screen, Kitty Kicked out headers, Monster Ovals, Satt Nav Oz style, shortie antennas, LED with indicators for windscreen trim, eyebrow headlights trim, pannier box guard leather tool bags and drink holder.. and a few little more bits and pieces..  More to come (ordered)

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 01:06:01 AM by Cowboy2 »

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 09:01:30 AM »

So happy for you! How does she sound with the catless head pipe and the monster ovals? Hook us up with a video between rides! :pepper:
Fullsac X-Pipe "B", TTS Mastertune, Rinehart Slip-ons, full LED conversion

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 11:43:33 AM »

A video would be cool. I was wondering if the panner bags would fit with the reflectors on there. Don't see a problem and an item I'll add later on. Congrats on getting her!!!
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 07:33:55 PM »

Hello Brothers,
True Blue it is....  And how does it sound?  LOUD around town, almost more than you want, LOUD   While I was breaking it in last night, first around town, I was wondering if I would have to baffle it down some how...  But then on the highway sort of loping along at 110 km/hour doing about 2500-2600 it was quite pleasant...  So far I would say it is a real win...  And I don't mind the look of the Monsters either.  If you don't hear from me until next week, count your blessings.. I am considering a four day road trip with the Brothers down here.  More on my ideas and mods when I get back...

Here is one picture showing the International Mods difference, chrome over part of the LEDs, and what the International V&H Monster Ovals look like:

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 07:43:28 PM »

Hello Brothers,
True Blue it is....  And how does it sound?  LOUD around town, almost more than you want, LOUD   While I was breaking it in last night, first around town, I was wondering if I would have to baffle it down some how...  But then on the highway sort of loping along at 110 km/hour doing about 2500-2600 it was quite pleasant...  So far I would say it is a real win...  And I don't mind the look of the Monsters either.  If you don't hear from me until next week, count your blessings.. I am considering a four day road trip with the Brothers down here.  More on my ideas and mods when I get back...

Here is one picture showing the International Mods difference, chrome over part of the LEDs, and what the International V&H Monster Ovals look like:
Cowboy I was never a fan of ovals...but let me tell you those LOOK  (.)(.) if you know what I mean. Sweet  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 08:33:39 PM »

Cowboy

Love the bike congrats. I know your going to enjoy it, but you've got to get those reflectors off of the forks and bag guards.  Just sayin.   :2vrolijk_21:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 09:41:30 PM »

Enjoy...

johna

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 11:14:33 PM »

Like the Blue
But they still have that ugly bit of  rubber blocking the hole on the rear fender

Here's an option
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.