Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stretched saddlebags  (Read 5929 times)

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
stretched saddlebags
« on: July 29, 2011, 12:21:57 PM »

Anyone know if the stretched saddlebags on the new roadglides hold more than the standard bags having a dispute with a buddy HD website shows volume @ 2.26 cu ft for both 2011 fltruse and fltrxse he insists they are bigger anyone seen em in person?? HD accessory stretched bag bottoms say they have extra storage space ???
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: stretched saddlebags
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 12:31:34 PM »

The stretched bags do you have more interior volume.  It is not significant, however.  If you search online, I believe you can find a toolkit designed to fit in the very bottom extra space.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 12:39:38 PM »

Hex Pro hex head wrenches sit down in there very nice, as well as Hex Star (torx)...... http://www.hexpro.net/

My Cruz tools, if folded right, fit down in that recessed area pretty well, also....  http://www.cruztools.com/products/kitshd.html
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 08:22:38 PM »

Hex Pro hex head wrenches sit down in there very nice, as well as Hex Star (torx)...... http://www.hexpro.net/

My Cruz tools, if folded right, fit down in that recessed area pretty well, also....  http://www.cruztools.com/products/kitshd.html
Is the max. weight limit still 8-10lbs?  They need to strengthen the brackets if they're gonna add more space for tools, etc.  ??? spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 08:48:43 PM »

Is the max. weight limit still 8-10lbs?  They need to strengthen the brackets if they're gonna add more space for tools, etc.  ??? spyder

Been riding baggers since 89......you mean there's a weight limit? :o  I probably remove 40 or 50 lbs. of those tools ya think? :nixweiss:

Ya think there's a weight limit on the luggage racks, too? :nixweiss:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg620123#msg620123 
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 09:00:24 PM »

Been riding baggers since 89......you mean there's a weight limit? :o  I probably remove 40 or 50 lbs. of those tools ya think? :nixweiss:

Ya think there's a weight limit on the luggage racks, too? :nixweiss:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg620123#msg620123 
That rear fender will hold hundreds of pounds of weight....not so with the saddlebags.  I've replaced more than one broken bracket...and they ain't cheap either. :'(  har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 11:54:20 PM »

That rear fender will hold hundreds of pounds of weight....not so with the saddlebags.  I've replaced more than one broken bracket...and they ain't cheap either. :'(  har.  spyder

I thought you were joking.  I guess I should count my lucky stars. 

I mean I know that they had a weight limit (I thouht it was 15 lbs.) and I know that I've often exceeded that greatly and rode all over this country like that but I've never had anything break.  When touring, I always load the heaviest into the saddle bags, no matter what it is.....and the light stuff in the tour pack and on top. :nixweiss:

Now watch, I'll probably break something going over to the bay area to Jim's tomorrow.  If I do, I'm sending you the bill. :nervous: :nervous:

West Coast GTG   

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 12:23:26 AM »

That rear fender will hold hundreds of pounds of weight....not so with the saddlebags.  I've replaced more than one broken bracket...and they ain't cheap either. :'(  har.  spyder

Seeing some of the chicks that ride on the back of the bikes I would figured that one out too... :oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 06:56:49 AM »

When touring, I always load the heaviest into the saddle bags, no matter what it is.....and the light stuff in the tour pack and on top. :nixweiss:

Now watch, I'll probably break something going over to the bay area to Jim's tomorrow.  If I do, I'm sending you the bill. :nervous: :nervous:
They may have improved the brackets on the newer ones like yours JC, but mine have been breaking in the little bend on the bottom right next to the fender.  You can see the crack if you look closely from the rear w/o taking anything off.  I also carry way too much heavy stuff down low since it handles better that way....but, I'm trying to do better ($$$$) Cut back on the tools & ammo.   :o har.  :drink: spyder

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.