Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 CVO FLTRUSE door opener  (Read 3839 times)

WDR58

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE
2011 CVO FLTRUSE door opener
« on: July 30, 2011, 03:08:07 PM »

Picked up my new Road Glide Ultra a week or so ago and there was no owners manual, to date I have been unable to get the garage door opener to work, not having seen anywhere that one came with the bike my first question is should it have been in with the accessories at all. nothing I can find gives any direction on how the thing should work, also was trying to test the security code over ride and having no luck with that either. any suggestions would be appreciated. should have the manual in a week or two.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: 2011 CVO FLTRUSE door opener
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 05:26:27 PM »

If you go to the Harley Davidson home page and create a profile for yourself, you can then log on and see the on-line version of the owner's manual for your bike.

The garage door opener...you should have gotten a receiver that ties into your existing garage door opener.  It looks like this:  http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442250293&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309148480&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309148480&locale=en_US&bmUID=1312060770785&bmLocale=en_US  There's a PDF download for the instructions.

You have to plug it into a 115V outlet in the garage, preferably as high up as possible, but that may not be absolutely necessary.  Then, you pair it with the bike by getting someone to hold the button on the receiver down while you toggle the high/low beam on the bike.  If you didn't get the receiver, you should have...along with several other things.  All that stuff is in the TP when they get the bike, but they usually take it out and put it somewhere so folks don't pilfer through it when the bike in on the floor.

Gold Key
CVO indoor cover
2 headsets w/cords
Pleather document holder
GPS
Liner bags for the saddlebags and the TP.
Ipod

I'm probably forgetting something...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 05:33:21 PM by TCnBham »
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 06:37:51 PM »

Picked up my new Road Glide Ultra a week or so ago and there was no owners manual, to date I have been unable to get the garage door opener to work, not having seen anywhere that one came with the bike my first question is should it have been in with the accessories at all. nothing I can find gives any direction on how the thing should work, also was trying to test the security code over ride and having no luck with that either. any suggestions would be appreciated. should have the manual in a week or two.
take it back to the dealer
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

WDR58

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 11:04:13 PM »

Thanks for the info, I think the only thing missing was the owners manual and I wasn't expecting the garage door opener. I will try to pair it up tomorrow. as far as taking it back to the dealer short of a major recall or warranty issue I prefer to handle things myself. got along fine with my 09 SERG not to mention all the previous models. the way I look at it is this is just another reason to buy a service manual and get my hands dirty.  8)

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 11:20:01 PM »

Attaboy...works for me :2vrolijk_21:

WDR58

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 11:27:06 AM »

as it turns out if your mounting location is close to your parking spot you can easily pair the two with out any assistance. that is provided you have long arms!! funny how the simple stuff can trip you up. Thanks again for the assistance

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 07:19:34 PM »

i love the door opener, its work great when i come home from work or after a ride, Only time when it doesnt work is when the wifes audi is setting in the drive way and i just cant ride her in the garge.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.