Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Comfortable Replacement Seat Help  (Read 5491 times)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
Comfortable Replacement Seat Help
« on: May 31, 2006, 07:26:12 AM »

Just got back from Milwaukee and I love my new ride EXCEPT my A**  had it after 800 Miles in one day... I'm 6-3 and would like to move back an inch or so. I've loooked at Harley's Tall Boy seat  , at Corbin and just finished looking at Mustang. Can you all tell me what you are using, what's great, what works and what dosen't   Thanks Greg
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re:  Comfortable Replacement Seat Help
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 10:47:31 AM »

Just got back from Milwaukee and I love my new ride EXCEPT my A**  had it after 800 Miles in one day... I'm 6-3 and would like to move back an inch or so. I've loooked at Harley's Tall Boy seat  , at Corbin and just finished looking at Mustang. Can you all tell me what you are using, what's great, what works and what dosen't   Thanks Greg

Greg,

It is a pain in the A$$, try this thread for some suggestions.

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1145844250/0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 11:49:03 AM »

Hey Dude,
               One thing I've learned from all of the different threads on seats is that there are basically two types of riders. Those who want a soft seat and those who like a firm seat. I think everyone wants good support and a seat that you don't feel the seat pan after 100 or so miles. While I've never owned one, from reading the threads, I'd say the Mustang is the best seat if you want soft. I like firm and swear by my Corbin. Another thing that impacts your riding experience is what you use (or don't) for a backrest.Having good back support makes a huge difference. Without it you tend to tense the muscles in your lower back and butt and that leads to sorness in both. With a backrest, you can lean back and relax almost like you would in a 4 wheel vehicle. So whatever you decide for a seat, make sure you also go with a backrest that is set up to fit your size and the way your sit on your bike.

Big B  

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 12:31:06 PM »

Spiderman sums it up well (of course) [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
You need to try a Corbin first, they are different sort of support. Also, the Corbin seats won't work with HD backrests, so you're pretty much forced to use the expensive models. Some models Corbin seats won't work with Tour-Paks as I recall, but check their disclaimers on their website first. I like Mustang, but to each ass comes a personal choice.  8-)
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 12:48:04 PM »

I am also 6'3".  I put the HD "Sundowner" on my '04 Road King and, in my opinion, it is very comfortable.
I also think that a back rest is important to long distance comfort - it gives support and helps keep the back & spine in the proper position.

All that being said, a comfortable seat to one person might not fit another, so you really have to try them out to find the right one for you.

Good luck

Billh
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 12:50:42 PM »

I also perfer Mustang and I don' think it is really soft, just that the Corbin is REALLY hard.  But as was said to each a$$ his own.  On my new CUSE I find the stock seat quite acceptable.  Was planning to put my Mustang back on after warm weather when heater no longer needed, but now I'm not so sure.  May just stick with stock seat.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 05:50:25 PM »

TX 103,
    Seats are like spark plugs and motor oils.....If you ask 10 people,  you'll get 10 different answers, and every one of them will be right.  I've had many different bikes over the years and 3 times as many seats.  I can tell you that for Beag's butt,  I'm going with Corbin (I've had most of the rest....except a Corbin) and softer seats seem to "squish" out after a 100miles or so (makes it feel like your riding on the frame).  Many people tell me that Corbin's feel hard,  but strange thing is,  I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't LOVE them (funny thing is....even Corbin owners will tell you that they feel hard,  ask one why it's so comfy and most won't be able to give ayou a good answer either.....they just love them).....Just sa thought.....

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 08:19:57 PM »

Texas103, I just found out that my stock seat is good for 100 miles max for my ass. :(  I'm about ready to buy another Mustang. Last one had about 55,000 miles on it with up to 750 a day, and I loved it. It's wide (16") with good edge support; which must mean I have a big ass. [smiley=oops.gif]  ;D

Garz   [smiley=smoking.gif]
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

wildey

Re: Comfortable Replacement Seat Help
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 03:48:11 PM »

What I found on seats was that on my 06 ultra the corbin was great!! But then I bought and 08 Ultra and with the larger tank the seat design had to change and when I bought another corbin I couldn't sit on it for 30 min. The old one I put over 4,000 miles out to sturgis and back with no problem.

So I have tried practically everything out there from corbin, mustang, even a custom Russel and nothing has worked for me yet. The best I found was the HD sundowner which lets me ride about 2 hrs before A$$ and legs feel bad.

Was thinking about letting Mean City Cycles give it a try since their cheap and have a good rep.

You have the Hammock as your stock seat correct on your cvo?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 04:04:52 PM »

What I found on seats was that on my 06 ultra the corbin was great!! But then I bought and 08 Ultra and with the larger tank the seat design had to change and when I bought another corbin I couldn't sit on it for 30 min. The old one I put over 4,000 miles out to sturgis and back with no problem.

So I have tried practically everything out there from corbin, mustang, even a custom Russel and nothing has worked for me yet. The best I found was the HD sundowner which lets me ride about 2 hrs before A$$ and legs feel bad.

Was thinking about letting Mean City Cycles give it a try since their cheap and have a good rep.

You have the Hammock as your stock seat correct on your cvo?

That was from 2006.  Greg doesn't have that bike anymore.  Or the one after that.  Or the one after....   Well, he's had a few :drink: .

vettmann

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 Black Diamond/Crimson
    • CVO2: 2012 Hot Citrus/Gunstock
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 09:27:46 PM »

Mustang is the only seat for my 2011 SESG, Had one on my Roadking and it was very comfortable. :bananarock:

redrodo

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Limited
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 10:45:05 PM »

I find that the hammock seat sits a little low for my taste on those long all day intersate travels. On such days I us a airhawk cushion and have found that riding with it a couple tank fulls and without it some helps with fatigue, especially in the hips. But like previously stated everbody has different opinions.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:49:54 PM by redrodo »

jrice454

• Junior CVO Member
  • A rock is a rock...

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 - Black Diamond/Crimson Tag
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 09:43:23 AM »

Question for the Corbin owners, I'm like "Texas 103" at 6'-2".  In your opinion does the Corbin put you in the saddle any further back than the stock seats?  I've pushed my floorboards foward and out 1" and still need some more leg room.  Thanks in advance!  :2vrolijk_21:

J

Dadkids

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 11:15:39 PM »

I think op was asking for a seat that would move him back more, at 6'4" I feel your pain. The hd tall boy seat along with the kuryakyn floorboard relocates(1" forward and out) and the kuryakyn extended toe, heel and brake pedals made a huge difference.
I sent my road king classic seat to mean city cycles to get modded, they moved me back 2" to match the tallboy seat, I just wanted the factory seat because it matches the design of the classic.
I talked to mean city this morning and was told they cannot mod the cvo street glide seat, I just ordered a lepers daddy long legs seat, looks really good on the site, it moves you back 2"

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 06:18:21 PM »

CORBIN all the way!!!!! Quaility, Comfort, style! Had them on 4 Harley's and loved everyone of them! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.276 seconds with 21 queries.