Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: PM Harry (Unbalanced)  (Read 5758 times)

SPIDERMAN

PM Harry (Unbalanced)
« on: June 03, 2006, 12:53:21 PM »

Hey Brothers and Sisters
                                   Noticed a post by Harry (Unbalanced) the other day in which he mentioned that he was trying to liven up the site a bit. It made me realize that he''s sittin at home on the mend and gettin kinda bored by now at a time when the site is kinda quiet cause it's ridin season everywhere. I've been down like that before and believe me the days get long. So I was thinkin we could all send him a PM and then he'd have something to do answering them . You know the old jailhouse rule  "letter for a letter "  As we all know, people will talk about stuff in PMs that they won't on the site. So let fly, talk to Harry.

Thanks everyone
                        Big B

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: PM Harry (Unbalanced)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 03:09:43 PM »

That's a Great idea!  I'm glad I thought of it! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Hotrodracer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 08:55:40 PM »

I think Harry will now something to do all day!!!!
Let's Ride

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 05:47:05 PM »

Well Well 1 pm down today (Thanks Hubbard) that means there could be approx 2000 something incoming ....  gawd thats scary heeh

Spider that was very sadistic of you hehe, but if i had thought of it i would done it too :)
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 09:38:47 PM »

Just so long as yer not watching the 'Soaps'.  That can make ya go blind.  
Wait... I may have that wrong... :-/

Keep yer spirits up, Harry!

Garz   [smiley=smoking.gif]
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 12:51:42 PM »

Hey Harry,
               How're you doing ? Has everyone forgotten you already ? How about an update for all of us on how your recovery is going.

Adios
          Big B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 01:06:40 PM »

yeah, what's up Harry.  Read elsewhere that you'd finally gotten wheels in.  Is the Mrs. riding the orange bike around the neighborhood just to tease you and be mean and cruel and evil?  C'mon, dish a bit; tell us what's up  ;D  [smiley=drink.gif] .

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 01:30:53 PM »

I've talked to Harry in the last week or so, and he seems to be coming along (I'll let him give all the details). He sounds much better each time I talk to him. I can tell his spirits are still up because he's giving me the business ;D (see here).

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 02:23:28 PM »

yeah, what's up Harry.  Read elsewhere that you'd finally gotten wheels in.  Is the Mrs. riding the orange bike around the neighborhood just to tease you and be mean and cruel and evil?  C'mon, dish a bit; tell us what's up  ;D  [smiley=drink.gif] .

Harry,
  Hope you're gettin' better!  When do you think you will be back up to snuff?  Hope to be down there for Octoberfest, if at all possible.  Maybe we could hook up for dinner?  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 12:40:55 AM »

Hi Yall,

Well I am alive tis be true,  I have a wild hair now and again, but were trying to keep them to a minimum.  My left leg seems to be the remaining piece to the puzzle.  I can bear some weight on it, but can not use it without a cane at this point.  They recently told me the reason the knee isn't bending is due to bercitus (bersa sack is inflamed).   Taking meds for that and pain and celebrex for the inflamation, otherwise I am doing well.   I hope to be back to work in the next 30 to 45 days with any luck.   I know you say work? , but at this point stir crazy is mild compared to what i have.   I am hoping to go on a vacation before the end of August and take the wife up to NC for a week at a cabin resort, time will be the judge.

Firedude you know if you roll on the gas it will actually help that motor it is a stroker ya know ... they like 2500 rpm up ... not that put put you enjoy so much it aint hell raising till you hit over 5000 heheh.   (there now you can say i gave you some business)

Ole Hub, figured you were busy carting the boy around to races.   How did he do on that tryout with the underling DEI group?  I would love to grab a bite / fingers crossed go for a good ride / have some fun while your down here especially since your about 50 miles from where I live.  Let me know as the time gets closer and we can go from there even if i have to take the cage out.

Thanks for asking,

-harry

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 09:37:29 AM »

Harry,

Good to have the update.

I lost a young technician to a wakeboard accident with a compound fracture of his left leg.  6 months before they figure he'll be back to work, os I hear you on the leg and cain program being a slower than other stuff recovery.

Us older citizens don't heal like them young-uns either.  Keep up the good spirits and thow out the bad ones [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 12:33:44 PM »

.....Firedude you know if you roll on the gas it will actually help that motor it is a stroker ya know ... they like 2500 rpm up ... not that put put you enjoy so much it aint hell raising till you hit over 5000 heheh.   (there now you can say i gave you some business)....-harry

Heh, who told you I was out riding yesterday? I was shifting at 3.5 - 4K every gear, and loving it. ;D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2006, 12:16:56 AM »

TwoLane,
Since you asked and I am awake,

Nah not holding out any information.  I got back on the horse to get it out of my head and get over the first baby step, but still having trouble walking.   Right now the walking is the biggest hinderance, I put the cane on the roadking and strap it down with bungies and go for short rides here and there for breakfast etc.   Right now though were down to just the pumpkin due to the tank had to come off the roadking, because the dealer sold me the wrong tank ... carb instead of FI  *peeved me good"

But to bring you up to speed on the bikes,

The wife, (Michelle) has been riding the Orange and Black for the last say year and a half has put about 13k miles on it.   She enjoys it and can stay riding it as long as she wants.

Just before my accident i had purchased a king tour pak for her for our then planned trip to the Blue Ridge this summer.  Obviously it got delayed due to the accident I had.

Over the last month due to some less than stellar parts counter help I finally got a back rest for the SE Tour pak which differs from the standard King Tour Pak little did I know when I ordered it.   The SE one is also obsolete and is not going to be reinstated per harley.   Since that was the case  we switched her seat over the the SunDowner for the FLHX, so that we could get a matching back rest and tour pak rest.   That done we ordered her the matching FLHX stitched back rest for the tour pak.   I also had them relocate her antenna, put on a shorty quick disconnect and made the tour pak quick detachable.  

On my roadking, I bought almost a complete set of new tins for it and sent them off for paint.   Ghost Flames and Ghost skulls with a Brandy Wine (Candy Apple) top coat.   I expect them  back in the next 14 days.   The hitch to this was they sold me the wrong tank, so my bike is down since I had to send my installed tank or lose my place in line.   The dealer is now trying to make it right, just not sure I want to spend the 400 bucks on a tank when the one i bought was a steal.   I had to complain to get them to try and make it right, but none the less they are trying and they made the guy that goofed call  me as well to make the offer.   Even if I dont buy it I was glad they made an effort.

I will probably buy it just to have it, cause if i dont I will need it and i dont want to put any extra jinxs on myself ...   wow i put that in type ... omg.

Considerations now are for the what was a Police Roadking 2002:
Head Work ~~  John Sachs (remove S&S Logo for Sleeper finish)
Ball honing cylinders 10 over and new forged pistons
Chrome Lowers for front forks,
Black centered floating rotors (stopping is important)
Chrome Head light cover vs the black that is on the police road king.   its a nesallis or something close to that i have heard it pronounced 3 different ways.
I am also considering led lights.
SE CVO HandleBars
Braided Cables
Skull Floor Boards Front and rear (chrome)
Skull Highway Pegs to complete the set.
Chrome Primary
Bassani 2 into 1 Road Rage

Already changed out the Gearing in the primary back to 25 / 32   was 21 / 32
Transmission was completely rebuilt by Baker after having the counter shaft go bad.

Bike already has 124" S&S
Zippers 54 mm Throttle Body
Baker R2 Racing 6 Speed with Back Cut Gears
Zippers Schim
Zippers High Flow A/C
Lyndall Z pad plus break pads
Cruise Control
2002 Road King Custom Wiring Harness  (Replaced Police Harness)
SERT
New Police A/C Ring that glues to A/C Cover
Sundowner RK Seat, Back Rest, Passenger Back Rest
Heavy Belt
New Engine Guard
Halogen headlight and driving lamps
Rinehart true duals
Started some of the Skull Collection add ons
Mirrors, grips, Fuel Cap

« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 12:23:38 AM by Unbalanced »

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 05:49:10 AM »

Wow, sounds like some very well planned mods.  So much better than the way I think.... Oh, Honey - Look at that.  Can I have that?  Then later..... Oh Honey..... you get the idea.  Glad to e-hear your voice. You are doing so well on your healing... albeit way too slow for your way of thinking.  Can't wait till you can ride up this a way, or we ride down that a away and we can ride together.  Any chance you might ride in that sports car of your to MV?  Even for an overnight?  I remember last year, Laker had crawled up on a ladder, did something that caused his heel to be almost amputated, and when MV came around he was trying to figure out ways to attach crutches to his SEEG - it was his right leg and his wife could not drive the car.... ended up not able to attend, but many ways of carrying walking assistance were interesting.  A HOG member in our chapter had a horrific accident earlier this year, and he rides around with two full crutches attached to his ole shovel.... His name is "Wild Bill," and I am starting to figure there is a reason for that.  Keep chatting here, we miss you.   :)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2006, 04:54:39 PM »

The dealership offered me a primer tank at dealer cost 430 including tax so I bought it, not because I really wanted to, but it made no sense to have a complete set of tins less the tank.   At least this way I can have it painted flat white like the rest of my police parts and then have a complete set on the shelf just incase its ever needed.  

I really didnt want to buy it, but the reality is if i ever get rid of the bike I can always get my money out of the parts on ebay or others that are in need.

-harry

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.