Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Friend killed on ride  (Read 7049 times)

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
Friend killed on ride
« on: June 04, 2006, 09:31:42 AM »

While riding yesterday one of my close friend left the road  and ended up under his motorcycle.  The whole thing is like a nightmare come true I keep hoping to wake up and find out it is just a dream.

Street Stalker

• Junior CVO Member
  • All show and no go, but about to change
Re: Friend killed on ride
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 09:37:13 AM »

Man, sorry to hear about that.  Did you see it, were you on the ride also, or was it just relayed to you?  Mind sharing how he went off the road?

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 09:51:09 AM »

No I didn't see it he, I wish I had maybe I could saved him.  We thought maybe he'd gone home I keep calling his cell wanting to know where he went.  We drove back thinking he had stayed at the store or took a different way and decieded to go home. I actually got mad at him for not letting us know he changed his mind and went a different.   After trying for a while to contact him we decided to follow the road again look for tracks going off.  I a friend riding in front I followed then another behind. We came up on a corner my friend keep going I noticed a cross along side the road where someone had been killed and I also thought I saw somthing shinny.  I stopped ran back and found his bike along the ravine I looked around the bike and didn't see anything than I panicked and ran up the ravine looking for him in the mean time one of the other riders said he was under the bike. We lifted it off him.  I knew we where to late.

graygus

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 Teal SEEG - Sold
    • CVO2: 08 Annie SERK - Sold
    • CVO3: 09 SEUC
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 11:40:34 AM »

Sorry to hear about your friend. Was that the accident just past Scooter stuff?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 12:19:59 PM by graygus »

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 12:28:05 PM »

Sorry to hear of your friends accident. Best wishes to his family and friends

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 12:30:59 PM »

2soaper
          My condolences to your friend's family and to those of you who rode with him. Try not to dwell on how he died and focus on how he lived. In your time of grief, follow your heart. It will lead you out of the valley.

Vaya con Dios
                    Big B

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 01:14:44 PM »

Thanks for the notes and prayers for Bob.  Ironically we were are our way to a memorial ride for another Bob.  Yes GrayGus it was Scooter Stuff.  I was told buy the 911 guys that was the third person killed in a year at that corner.  When we went looking I never dreamed in a million years he actually crashed.  Think I'm done riding for awhile, at least riding with friends I never want to go thru or feel like this again. Bob was a great guy I loved him like my brother!

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 01:30:10 PM »

I'm very sorry for your loss.  It can be a devastating thing losing a friend like that.  Just keep in mind that he died doing something he loved
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

graygus

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 Teal SEEG - Sold
    • CVO2: 08 Annie SERK - Sold
    • CVO3: 09 SEUC
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 01:48:36 PM »

2Soaper, We arrived shortly after the accident. It's a terrible thing to have happen, even worse when you are at a memorial for another biker. Our prayers and best wishes to his family and friends.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 01:53:28 PM »

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. My condolences go out to you and his family.

May God Bless you and comfort you.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 02:08:51 PM »

Man real sorry for your friend his family and friends.  Hope I never have to experience something like that with a dead friend on the side of the road like that.  God bless you all.
*Orange and BLack '09 Road Glide w/103

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 04:17:50 PM »

2soaper, I'm very sorry for your loss.  You will always remember your downed Bro, as I had a similar experience some 30 years ago and from time to time I remember........but, as someone just said.....try to remember how he lived, not died.  Don't give up riding, ride for him as most of us would want.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 05:37:23 PM »

Wow 2Soaper I'm at a loss for words,thats a real tragedy.Please send my condolences to the family.I'm so sorry Bro. God speed,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 05:50:30 PM »

I am very sorry to hear of your and your friends family loss.  My best wishes and prayers go out to you and his family.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »

Like most folks, all I can do is send my condolences, to you, his Friends, and his Family.  You were entrusted with the great burden of informing others of your Friend's untimely demise.  That takes more strength than absorbing the initial shock of death.  Death is part of Life.  Think about it.  It's the only thing in Life, no one ever prepares us for, or teaches us about.  Life goes on.  Remember the good, forgive the bad, and live to ride another day.  Again, I'm sorry for your loss.  Later--HUBBARD    
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 07:06:10 PM »

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend,it's a tragedy and best wishes to his family in thier loss as well. It could happen to anybody, wrong time at the wrong place kinda thing, but as has been said here...best to ride FOR hiim and his memory really. We each grieve in our own way.
Again sorry to hear the news.
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 09:29:34 PM »

2soaper, I also send my condolences to you and your friend's family.

God bless,
Jerry
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 09:33:19 PM »

Sorry for your loss and prayers will be said for you and his family. :'(

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 09:38:59 PM »

That had to be extremely tough to find your friend like that. I would be torn up as well. My condolences to you & his family.

Coincidentally, I just finished the MSF advanced riders course today. It was a good check on abilities and a reminder that ours is a dangerous (but enjoyable) sport that requires our constant vigilence.

Ride for your friend and remember the good times... I suspect he would want you to do that.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006, 09:45:16 PM »

Sorry to hear about the accident our thoughts and prayers to his family and friends in their time of sorrow.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2006, 10:05:15 PM »

2soaper,

Sorry to hear of this tragedy. My prayers go out to all of you in this time of sorrow.

God Bless,

Grover

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2006, 11:23:41 PM »

2soaper,  

My sincere condolences to you, the family, and friends of this fallen rider.

Be strong for those who need strength in their time of need.

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2006, 11:59:54 PM »

I really appreciate all the prayers and support for not only myself but for my friend Bob.  He was a quite man never said a bad word about anyone.   He lost his wife to cancer a few years back and I thought this Harley riding may be a good way for him to get out and meet some new people and move on to a small extent.  He'd only been riding about six months, though he used to ride years ago.  
I've been feeling some what responsiable for this since I convinced Bob he needed to start riding.  So it's been making me sick since the wreck.  I decieded to call his  boys whom I've yet to meet and explain what happen They assured me I was not to  blame, though I feel like I could of done a lot of things different and maybe he'd still be here.  In any case thanks once again for the prayers and for letting me talk!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 12:18:11 AM »

My condolences are added to all of those above.

I lost two friends the past month and any loss of a friend is difficult.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 07:34:59 AM »

Our condolences and to the family of your friend as well.  :'( Definately do not feel like you are responsible.  All of us take on risks every day of our lives and if we choose to ride a motorcycle, that is taking on a whole new set of risks.  You buddy knew that and would hate it if he knew you were taking on that responsibility for him.  He decided, you did not force him, to ride a motorcycle.  Still know that it hurts you a lot, and for that I pray you find solace and know that your buddy is now with his wife and hurts no more.  

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 09:39:00 AM »

2Soaper: I am new here, and don't know you, but my condolences to you and all who knew your friend.  And I want to echo the comments of those here, you should feel no responsibility; you encouraged a friend to take up of the most enjoyable activities there is; nothing more.  I am a relatively new biker; and my only regret to date is that i didnt get a bike 20 years ago.  All of us know the risks, and live with our eyes open.  I know the pain you are going through for a number of reasons that i wont get into here.  Focus on the good times and know he is in a better place; probably riding two-up with his wife.  Our thoughts are with you . Scot

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2006, 10:45:01 AM »

As usual Hubbard you are right on.  I have lost both my mom and dad these last two years.  You are never prepared but at least with my dad we were more attuned to the situation and knew what was happening.  But something as sudden and unexpected as this crash just puts one in a state of shock.  It takes a while (sometimes quite a long while) to adjust.  You never forget but time does help soften the blow.  Condolenses to you and your fallen brother's family and friends.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2006, 10:45:22 AM »

It's always tough when we lose a friend.  It seems to be tougher as bikers because we are usually closer to that person than others.  My sincerest condolences on your loss.  My regrets to his family and yours.

John
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

hogasm

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2006, 05:04:53 PM »

Our prayers are with you and your friends family. My wife lost a co-worker of hers last week. He was on his bike and a car crossed 2 lanes of traffic into his lane. He too had also lost his wife to canser last year and had been riding just over a year himself. Remember and rejoice the time the two of you spent together. Again sorry for your loss. Brian

sqrrl24

• Full CVO Member
  • Lead follow or get out of the way!!!!

• CVO1: 05 seeg yellow
    • CVO2: 04 seeg org/blk
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2006, 09:01:20 PM »

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Condolences to you and his family.
05 SEEG White Bros 2-1,RT,SE/AC[smiley=banana.gif]
04 SEEG Rineharts Thundermax, Zippers AC  [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
02 FATBOY

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2006, 10:15:54 PM »

My condolences to you and the family,brother. Nobody really knows how you feel, but try not to take on this burden....your life has been changed because you have lost someone near and dear, but it was also changed simply for having known him. Time will heal all wounds...not to forget, but to forgive any blame you have taken on yourself.  Your bro was doing something he wanted to do so he could spend some quality time with you and your other buddies...the bad memories will pass, and the good ones will come to the top.  So sorry for your loss... :'(
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

FK6E

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2006, 11:13:09 PM »

2soaper,
very sorry to read about your friends demise, i wish to send my deepest condolences to his family, you and his buddies.
MDFFMD-195-
Ride Hard Ride Safe

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2006, 08:50:53 PM »

After three days of phone calls and people wanting to know if I would like to talk I decieded I don't want to discuss it anymore or think about or picture the scene in my mind until the funeral Thursday.  I want it  all to stop, if only for just an hour.  I'm only going to tell the story one more time and I think I'll wait until the right person asks. I know people are just trying to be kind but it's exhausting.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2006, 09:59:14 PM »

After three days of phone calls and people wanting to know if I would like to talk I decieded I don't want to discuss it anymore or think about or picture the scene in my mind until the funeral Thursday.  I want it  all to stop, if only for just an hour.  I'm only going to tell the story one more time and I think I'll wait until the right person asks. I know people are just trying to be kind but it's exhausting.

Go for a ride  I know you think you don't want to, but it will help  let the tears flow, scream into the wind, curse whatever, Go for a ride and start to heal

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2006, 08:33:08 PM »

Took your advice Spyder, though I was sad about my chum never riding again I'm sure he'd want me to continue on.  Ironically the first green light I came too some bitch turned in front of me forcing me to lock my rear tire.  I guess a reminder to be careful, which I alway am but you never know.

I guess it's going to take some time to get the memory of that scene and my last picture of him out of my mind.  The funeral yesterday was very sad for his family, especially for the small grand kids.  Boke my heart.    

I'm wondering where I could maybe get 10 or so patches made up that I can have my friends name put on that I ride for him or somthing like that (suggestions)?  If anyone knows where I might be able to do that please shoot me a message.  Thanks to all of you who cared about this tragedy!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2006, 08:38:42 PM »

do a google search for:
custom biker pathces
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2006, 02:40:46 PM »

2soaper,

Very sorry to hear of your loss.  My condolences to your and your buddy's families also in this time of healing.

Take care & ride carefully!

Yellowsedeuce

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2006, 08:06:03 PM »

Sorry for your loss.  Thoughts and prayers with you and the family of your good friend.  Hang in there and stay strong.  I lost a great friend 2 years ago, it just takes a while.   Keep on riding just like he would want you to do.  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2007, 06:36:21 PM »

Sorry to hear this.... Its everyones nightmare come true...
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your friend

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2007, 07:26:01 AM »

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, one never knows when it will be your time.  Our condolenses to you and his family.

napalm
napalm

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2007, 10:09:20 AM »

My condolences.

It is not your fault, don't blame yourself.

If your up to it, go for a ride, but don't ride "distracted".

We just did a memorial ride for a brother Fire Fighter killed 3 years ago in a horrific bike - truck accident, took 3 years before we were ready.  And the person who was riding with him still feels responsible and doesn't ride anymore, it is tearing him up. We have been trying to convince him to get help, but it is falling on deaf ears. We deal with death and destruction everyday, but when it is up close and personal it takes on a differnt meaning.

You will never forget, and it will always be on your mind, time may not heal all the hurt, but will make it manageable. During our 800 mile memorial ride the memories of the accident were with us, and the thought of something happening during that ride really concerned me some, since I organized it, but in the end, the ride went off without a problem and we have a great memorial and memory now, that all of our brother fire fighters, friends and even the family members now share.

I couldn't find a patch that I liked, so I just had an embroiderer stitch up my vest

R.I.P.
Sal
1974-2003
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 10:10:57 AM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2007, 07:15:59 PM »

Really sorry your friend is gone....... :'( RIP and God bless him!!

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2007, 07:05:01 AM »

my prayers are with you and his family ...
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.25 seconds with 21 queries.