Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Fullsac x pipe  (Read 15641 times)

Paul1

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO SESG2, FXDC

• CVO1: FLHXSESG2
Fullsac x pipe
« on: August 21, 2011, 01:53:12 AM »

Thinking of fitting the fullsac x pipe to my 2011 SG, have had a stage 1 pro tuner with V&H high outputs fitted at the dealer, question is will the x pipe fit with the high outputs & will I have to have the bike remapped after install ?
Ideally would like to fit the x pipe myself, but would it be better getting it fitted by dealer ?
Thanks in advance, Paul.

glenn bob

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Ultra
Re: Fullsac x pipe
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 03:48:40 PM »

If you like doing mechanical things and you have the tools and time. Do it yourself.  If you lack any of the the three (Like, tools, time) then have the dealer do it.  If he runs into problems he is set up to deal with it. ( my opinion)
Glenn
Glenn bob

LoneStar CVO

• CVO1: 2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 10:23:10 PM »

I did the full Fullsac stage 1 conversion a few weeks back.  One item to add to the previous poster's comment is a service manual - in addition to "like/tools/time."  The manual does a good job of the step-by-step process to remove and reinstall the header pipe - along with including torque values, etc.  Fullsac doesn't include any instructions for the header pipe change.  I did a more thorough write up on the process - see posting entitled "Installed Fullsac Stage 1 This Weekend" in this section of the forum on tips I learned and from others.  The process isn't hard, but you will need some basic tools - including allen head sockets and a torque wrench.  My guess is that just changing out the header pipe and reinstalling existing mufflers is probably a 4 hour job for a DIY'er.

The folks at Fullsac could probably definitively answer the compatibility questions you have, but from what I've read here and other places, the high outputs should fit fine.  The x pipe is essentially a replacement for the stock header size wise.  Given the increased airflow of the new header pipe, remapping will most likely be needed to gain the efficiencies it offers.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 11:28:40 PM »

Thinking of fitting the fullsac x pipe to my 2011 SG, have had a stage 1 pro tuner with V&H high outputs fitted at the dealer, question is will the x pipe fit with the high outputs & will I have to have the bike remapped after install ?
Ideally would like to fit the x pipe myself, but would it be better getting it fitted by dealer ?
Thanks in advance, Paul.

I have been thinking about the x pipe with the TTS tume and V&H high output slip ons.  I like the 4" ends on the high outputs but a bit too loud.  Still looking for the correct combination.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Paul1

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO SESG2, FXDC

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 01:41:25 AM »

Thanks for your replies, have been in contact with Fullsac & they have been really helpful, so waiting on a quote from them, unfortunately you can't buy them direct in the UK, have to be shipped from the US.

Paul1

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO SESG2, FXDC

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 01:42:26 AM »

Before I go ahead and order the fullsac headers was just wondering, will this mod make much difference to how hot the 110 motor runs ? Would be good to get the views from members who have done this mod. Thanks, Paul.

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 11:39:09 AM »

sounds from all the posts that the whole package headers, mufflers and tune to richen the a/f mixture will help with the heat
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 12:28:49 PM »

Before I go ahead and order the fullsac headers was just wondering, will this mod make much difference to how hot the 110 motor runs ? Would be good to get the views from members who have done this mod. Thanks, Paul.

Removing the cat from the system removes a huge heat source...so yes, the X pipe will help with regards to the heat generated by the 110.  These are hot running motors and not much is going to change that fact, but this modification will make a significant difference.  And the driveability is vastly improved along with seat of the pants performance.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 11:35:35 PM »

sounds from all the posts that the whole package headers, mufflers and tune to richen the a/f mixture will help with the heat

You are heading in the right direction!
 8)
HOGMIKE

Paul1

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO SESG2, FXDC

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 04:27:29 PM »

Received more info from Fullsac re: their X Pipe 'B'. Is a direct replacement for stock headers & will fit my V&H high outputs, but still need more info on re-mapping, can this be done with pro-tuner that I have fitted at present ? Any help would be appreciated, thanks, Paul.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 06:53:55 PM »

Received more info from Fullsac re: their X Pipe 'B'. Is a direct replacement for stock headers & will fit my V&H high outputs, but still need more info on re-mapping, can this be done with pro-tuner that I have fitted at present ? Any help would be appreciated, thanks, Paul.

You talking SERT? or the like?
If so, yes.
No matter what tuner you use, if you are comfortable with yourself, or your wrench doing the tune, you will be fine!
 8)
HOGMIKE

Paul1

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO SESG2, FXDC

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 03:31:57 AM »

You talking SERT? or the like?
If so, yes.
No matter what tuner you use, if you are comfortable with yourself, or your wrench doing the tune, you will be fine!
 8)
Thanks for that, think they call it SEPST which is just the SE pro super tuner, probably the same thing, just a newer version that probably costs more bucks ! So will fit the X Pipe myself & just take the bike with tuner to dealer for them to re-map. :cucumber:

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 09:52:08 AM »

Thanks for that, think they call it SEPST which is just the SE pro super tuner, probably the same thing, just a newer version that probably costs more bucks ! So will fit the X Pipe myself & just take the bike with tuner to dealer for them to re-map. :cucumber:

Just a thought: If you plan on the x-pipe and tuner where you are, consider the Mastertune instead of your SEPST any tuner familiar with one can tune the other.
You will receive a map for your setup that should be 99% dialed in right away. If you desire, you can always have your local shop dial in the remaining 1%, and you will save hours on the dyno.
Give Steve a call at Fullsac, and he will explain everything.
Again, just an alternative for you.
AND, JMHO!!
 8)
HOGMIKE

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 09:53:56 AM »

Sorry, just saw you already have the SEPST!
Still, may be more cost effective (not to mention more options with the Mastertune) to do the switch!!
 8)
HOGMIKE

Paul1

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO SESG2, FXDC

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 04:23:32 PM »

Header pipes now on order from fullsac, so will let you know how I get on with the install when they arrive.  Have to say they are a good company to deal with, answered all my queries via email very promptly, which seems to be rare these days.  Interesting thing is that these header pipes seem to be new to the UK & after speaking to my dealer about re-mapping etc. they are keen to see the results, hopefully more business over here for fullsac.  :cucumber: :cucumber:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.