Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: First skunk in Canada  (Read 15201 times)

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE - Sold :(
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE
Re: First skunk in Canada
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 10:12:43 PM »

Now since you have the new 2012 RG, you should book the 2012 West Coast GTG in Spokane, Wa to show it off! :huepfenjump3:

I just looked this up.  We might do this ride.  My husband has a CVO 2011 Roadglide.  We were going to go to California but could make this our first stop and then carry on...  Thanks  :-)

One more sleep  Accckkkk!!!

customryder

• Senior CVO Member
  • I'LL be your Huckelberry.

• CVO1: fxr4 2000 orange
    • CVO2: flhtcse 2004 blue/black
    • CVO3: CVO3 2005 elecrta glide CVO4 2009 roaglide CVO5 2012 roadglide skunk CVO6 2013 cvo roadglide atomic orange
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 11:58:56 PM »

:worthless:
2009 cvo road glide...2007 streetglide...................... cvo member #513
2009 f-350 Harley edt.

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 12:29:06 AM »

:worthless:

OK...  I finally have some pictures.  They are up late, I was too busy riding today.  OMG this bike is amazing!  I was kind of scared of how big it was from my FXDSE, but after two minutes I was wondering what I was worried about.  It handles so great and it such a different ride.  I love the stereo, floor boards, LOVE the whole bike!

These pictures do not do the bike justice, the paint is awesome in person!

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 05:55:29 AM »

Congratulations!

By your smile, it's certainly not hard to tell how pleased you are with it...  

Happy trails to you.

PS - If Ebony & Irvory isn't going to fly, personally I like Orca - because you must be a Canucks fan, right?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 07:46:43 AM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 08:11:29 AM »

Great looking ride  :2vrolijk_21:  You will have miles of smiles just like in your pic's  :drink:  A buddy of mine has one on order here in Ontario, I can't wait to see it in person  :coolblue:
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

customryder

• Senior CVO Member
  • I'LL be your Huckelberry.

• CVO1: fxr4 2000 orange
    • CVO2: flhtcse 2004 blue/black
    • CVO3: CVO3 2005 elecrta glide CVO4 2009 roaglide CVO5 2012 roadglide skunk CVO6 2013 cvo roadglide atomic orange
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 10:23:15 AM »

sweet!  congrats! :bananarock:
2009 cvo road glide...2007 streetglide...................... cvo member #513
2009 f-350 Harley edt.

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 09:34:53 PM »

Thanks everyone!!  I had an awesome weekend getting used to this bike!  I love it, but still need to work on my slow speed corners and walking the bike around.  I have to get used to the weight of this compared to my Dyna I could just throw that around no problem.  I am not flat footed on the new bike which makes me more uncomfortable, but I'm getting some new rubber added to the bottom of my shoes so hopefully that will help and I will see what I can do with the seat to get me lower.  I can't wait until the break-in period is over and I can just have fun.  I have almost 500k's put on this weekend, so not much longer ~ This bike feels like it just wants to go fast   :P

PS Grizzly...  Of course I am a Canucks fan, so Orca works for me! ;D

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 10:32:17 PM »

Hi and congrats on the new bike.  Very nice.  I'm not so sure you are the first to get one in Canada though as there was one with Sask. plates on it at the Canadian National Hog Rally in Kamloops this past weekend.  Maybe he bought it in the US.  I'm not sure how he could have but I didn't get a chance to talk to him.

Cheers, Moe
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 10:52:10 PM »

Thanks everyone!!  I had an awesome weekend getting used to this bike!  I love it, but still need to work on my slow speed corners and walking the bike around.  I have to get used to the weight of this compared to my Dyna I could just throw that around no problem.  I am not flat footed on the new bike which makes me more uncomfortable, but I'm getting some new rubber added to the bottom of my shoes so hopefully that will help and I will see what I can do with the seat to get me lower.  I can't wait until the break-in period is over and I can just have fun.  I have almost 500k's put on this weekend, so not much longer ~ This bike feels like it just wants to go fast   :P

PS Grizzly...  Of course I am a Canucks fan, so Orca works for me! ;D

Have you considered an H-D front & rear lowering kit?  I've put them on every Electra Glide I've owned (6 & counting) and wouldn't have it any other way!  It may help you feel a whole lot more comfortable???

Just a thought.

PS - Okay now that we know you're a huge Canuck fan, your challenge is to get a picture of you, your bike and one of the Canuck players... With a bike as nice as that "Orca", it should be no problem at all.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 07:02:17 AM by Grizzly »

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 10:54:27 PM »

Congrats

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 11:04:27 PM »

Hi and congrats on the new bike.  Very nice.  I'm not so sure you are the first to get one in Canada though as there was one with Sask. plates on it at the Canadian National Hog Rally in Kamloops this past weekend.  Maybe he bought it in the US.  I'm not sure how he could have but I didn't get a chance to talk to him.

Cheers, Moe

That was the number two shipped bike.... They are coming, I'm not alone any more  :-\

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 06:59:26 AM »

Cheers, Moe

So Moe, how was the rally?  Are we going to see the details in the "Ride Report" section soon?  Kamloops is a beautiful area of the country, so I'm sure it was a well attended rally.  Please share a report with pics for us inquiring minds.

Take care,
Grizzly

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 10:50:49 AM »

Have you considered an H-D front & rear lowering kit?  I've put them on every Electra Glide I've owned (6 & counting) and wouldn't have it any other way!  It may help you feel a whole lot more comfortable???

Just a thought.

PS - Okay now that we know you're a huge Canuck fan, your challenge is to get a picture of you, your bike and one of the Canuck players... With a bike as nice as that "Orca", it should be no problem at all.

Thank you for this info.  My husband looked it up in HD catalogue for me and said that they do not work on my bike?  I think it has been lowered already.  Hubby is going to look at some aftermarket things too for me.  If I shaved the seat in, lowered it a bit and also got higher boots I might be OK.  If the bike is already lowered I don't want to affect the cornering/handling of it if I don't have to.  Something for me to research and deal with over the winter months...  not that I want to mention these types of months  LOL

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 10:53:30 AM »

Cheers, Moe

I should have mentioned that the bike you saw was a dealer in Regina's....  His wife took it to the rally in Kamloops.  I heard it was a good rally, well organized rides, etc.  I really like the Kamloops dealership, they have been great to deal with whenever we've been there.

hooligan

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: 09 XB12X Buell Ulysses
    • CVO3: 05 XL883C
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 11:45:36 AM »

Congrats on the new ride  :drink: I can honestly say these bikes look way better in person  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Razor Red
SE Heavy Breather
V & H Slip ons
Power Commander 3 usb
Diamond cut Cylinders and Heads
True Track
Chrome Inner Primary & Tons of Chrome
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 22 queries.