Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ARLINGTON CEMETERY - 26 AUG  (Read 417 times)

DOOFUS

ARLINGTON CEMETERY - 26 AUG
« on: August 25, 2011, 08:17:53 PM »

My wife and I will be going to Arlington Cemetery on Friday to honor 15 of the 30 Fallen from the shoot down a few weeks ago.  I was lucky enough to serve as an intel officer at that SEAL Command years ago; while not a SEAL, I earned many friendships there that endure to this day.  I do not know if any of the USA air crew or USAF CCT are included tomorrow -- I think there are multiple internments.  But, brave men all.  I shall let you all know how the ceremony goes. 

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
Re: ARLINGTON CEMETERY - 26 AUG
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 08:47:49 PM »

My wife and I will be going to Arlington Cemetery on Friday to honor 15 of the 30 Fallen from the shoot down a few weeks ago.  I was lucky enough to serve as an intel officer at that SEAL Command years ago; while not a SEAL, I earned many friendships there that endure to this day.  I do not know if any of the USA air crew or USAF CCT are included tomorrow -- I think there are multiple internments.  But, brave men all.  I shall let you all know how the ceremony goes. 

Please do!

Our thoughts are with all of the fallen team members and their families and friends.

They are Brothers In Arms.

Best Regards

Jerry

DOOFUS

Re: ARLINGTON CEMETERY - 26 AUG
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 07:36:50 PM »

The ceremony was very well attended.  In fact, all non-immediate family were asked to leave the chapel; they had a large hall about a block away set up with video/audio.  The horse drawn casket is just something to be seen -- so sad -- but so very honorable.  The silence is only broken by the cadence of the horses.  The Navy Honor Guard and Band were impeccable. // I want our troops to come home.  Jim

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.