Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: My seat is ripping at the seam.  (Read 13605 times)

nu_glider

• 2011 FLTRUSE
Re: My seat is ripping at the seam.
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2012, 08:32:31 AM »

there's another post on this site with a picture of the newly redesigned seat.  Mine was replaced just last week with the new style.  It looks like it should last longer this time..  All the MoCo is hoping to do is get you past the factory 2yr warranty.  If you purchased the extended warranty the seat will not be oovered beyond the first two years they tell me.  Now if the seat heater were to quit working I'm not sure what they will do about that.  Replace the seat?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 08:34:08 AM by nu_glider »
Rio Red & Black Ember: Fuel Moto Jackpot ceramic coated stainless head pipe, Fullsac Performance 1.75 baffles, SERT, Nostalgic saddlebag rails Windvest tinted 13" windshield, DayMaker LED lamps, Custom Dynamic LED turn signals, white front & red rear with smoked lenses.

rdawg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red AKA "Red Rider"
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2012, 07:58:19 PM »

Try this one for new seat design.....http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=71274.0

nu_glider

• 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2012, 01:08:49 PM »

First and foremost thanks to Zack in warranty and Daniel in service at North TX HD.  Zack had the seat ordered and replaced with Daniel's help in a matter of days.  I want to also give a shout out to Donald in Parts who has always done an outstanding job too.  Together they were able to get my set ordered and replaced with no issues what so ever.  None of this crap about not under warranty.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 01:10:36 PM by nu_glider »
Rio Red & Black Ember: Fuel Moto Jackpot ceramic coated stainless head pipe, Fullsac Performance 1.75 baffles, SERT, Nostalgic saddlebag rails Windvest tinted 13" windshield, DayMaker LED lamps, Custom Dynamic LED turn signals, white front & red rear with smoked lenses.

jcraig147

• Full CVO Member
  • Batmobike 757 of 999

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-BLK
    • CVO2: 2004 Fatboy
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2012, 05:31:10 PM »

I just went over 2 yrs and now my seat is doing the same thing.  I probably wont get lucky with my dealer  :-X
Fullsac Stage 1, 2 in Cores, TTS Tuner

Jerry/MD

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2013, 11:37:32 AM »

Anybody had their seat replaced past 2 years? I have the ESP and the seam on my seat is starting to open. I'm figuring they will claim normal wear-n-tear on a bike with close to 16k miles. What do you think?  :-\

Jerry

LTbawb

• Battalion Chief : retired
  • Junior CVO Member
  • "NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED"
    • NJ

• CVO1: '05 CANDY TEAL 2 TONE SEEG
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Granite/ Black SERGU
    • CVO3: Hmmmm?
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2013, 11:50:31 AM »

Hello Jerry,
Don't let them off the hook, they are well aware of the Poor design. Just stick to your guns, I have had 2 replacements before the "New design" was issued.
If they balk w/ you, just go thru C/S @ MOCO, that case # ususally gets the right people involved.
Whatever yoou do don't let that "wear , Tear" crap fly, that seat design is in it's 3rd flip,since my '11 got the 2 new seats, there not cheap so they stall. But my ,; dealer already had 3 spares in stock,waiting on the returns!
Good Luck,
LtBawb (Bob)
Thanks & Many Safe Miles,
Bob

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2013, 04:45:57 PM »

Why don't you buy one of those cheap a$$ Chinese made replacement seats.  The quality is much, much better than what H-D is putting on the bikes now.  Heck, they even come with a one year warranty.  H-D seats are the poorest quality seats on the market today.
Jesus is Lord

Jerry/MD

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2013, 05:05:45 PM »

Hello Jerry,
Don't let them off the hook, they are well aware of the Poor design. Just stick to your guns, I have had 2 replacements before the "New design" was issued.
If they balk w/ you, just go thru C/S @ MOCO, that case # ususally gets the right people involved.
Whatever yoou do don't let that "wear , Tear" crap fly, that seat design is in it's 3rd flip,since my '11 got the 2 new seats, there not cheap so they stall. But my ,; dealer already had 3 spares in stock,waiting on the returns!
Good Luck,
LtBawb (Bob)

Thanks for the words of encouragement Bob. I will pursue with the dealer. I knew they were on Rev 2 of that seat...but now it`s up to 3? :'( Yep, that`s a sure indication they had a problem. I would go with something else but:

1. Some of you may think I'm nuts but this is the most comfortable seat I have owned

2. I ride as much as possible so having a heated seat is a nice feature

Wish me luck..............  ;)

Jerry

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2013, 07:27:24 PM »

Why don't you buy one of those cheap a$$ Chinese made replacement seats.  The quality is much, much better than what H-D is putting on the bikes now.  Heck, they even come with a one year warranty.  H-D seats are the poorest quality seats on the market today.
Where do you think MoCo gets their seats?  :o
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2013, 07:49:25 PM »

Anybody had their seat replaced past 2 years? I have the ESP and the seam on my seat is starting to open. I'm figuring they will claim normal wear-n-tear on a bike with close to 16k miles. What do you think?  :-\

Jerry

I'm pretty certain that the ESP does not cover the seat cover (or any other "cosmetic" stuff).  It should cover the electrical part if that fails, but even that will depend on how the contract is actually worded.  However, I wouldn't be looking to the ESP to take care of the seat cover failure, I'd be looking to Harley to take care of it even if the bike is out of the factory warranty.  It is a known product defect, and they can't claim otherwise considering how many have been replaced so far and the fact they've had to redesign it.  The trick is to find someone at H-D who will do the right thing and approve the replacement at no cost to you.  It might help if your dealer is on your side and will go to bat with the MoCo for you as well.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

BaggerProud

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 banana
    • CVO2: 1994 FXSTC
    • CVO3: 1983 XLX
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2013, 07:55:13 PM »

There's a reason they call them stealerships.   :rifle:

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2013, 09:25:54 PM »

Renay's warranty expires the end of August.  She has the ESP but didn't want to take a chance they wouldn't cover her seat.  It just started pulling apart in the last month so she took it to our local dealer last week and he said no problem.., he ordered her a new one and when it came in she drove over and they exchanged it.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2013, 09:33:55 PM »

Renay's warranty expires the end of August.  She has the ESP but didn't want to take a chance they wouldn't cover her seat.  It just started pulling apart in the last month so she took it to our local dealer last week and he said no problem.., he ordered her a new one and when it came in she drove over and they exchanged it.

:idea:
Probably changed it cause it was a blue bike.
They are special!
Don't hate me, it's true.
:P

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2013, 10:26:23 PM »

:idea:
Probably changed it cause it was a blue bike.
They are special!
Don't hate me, it's true.
:P

SBB

:D ;D :P. I have to agree with you on this one Chip!  I was shocked that they gave her no grief, so I'm convinced it was because she has the BLUE MC.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Jerry/MD

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2013, 09:17:10 PM »

I'm pretty certain that the ESP does not cover the seat cover (or any other "cosmetic" stuff).  It should cover the electrical part if that fails, but even that will depend on how the contract is actually worded.  However, I wouldn't be looking to the ESP to take care of the seat cover failure, I'd be looking to Harley to take care of it even if the bike is out of the factory warranty.  It is a known product defect, and they can't claim otherwise considering how many have been replaced so far and the fact they've had to redesign it.  The trick is to find someone at H-D who will do the right thing and approve the replacement at no cost to you.  It might help if your dealer is on your side and will go to bat with the MoCo for you as well.

Jerry

Interesting wording in my ESP regarding this subject Jerry. In 'Non-Covered Items' they state "Trim, Upholstery and Paint". So does this mean upholstery if it is a part of a trim item? Nothing in the contract says anything about the seat. I'm no lawyer so who knows.  :-\

Jerry
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.