Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Road Glide Custom®

wind issues

(1/4) > >>

stever:
any of you lucky 2012 cvorg custom owners have any major wind or buffeting problems to report. and if so what is the fix for them.

Midnight Rider:

--- Quote from: stever on September 04, 2011, 05:17:47 PM ---any of you lucky 2012 cvorg custom owners have any major wind or buffeting problems to report. and if so what is the fix for them.
--- End quote ---

A new windshield.  Windshield shape and size is more critical on a RG than on a Batwing, IMO, because you are sitting much further back from the windshield.  It also depends on what kind of helmet you use, if any.

noharley:
...soft lowers and a 13" Clearview have been the most significant wind manager for my 09.

Guthrie52:
Eardrums are aching a little after 2 hour ride this afternoon.   Marginal, but not terrible noise.  Could drown out the wind noise with louder exhaust (will do) and more stereo volume,  hmmm... Going to drive up to Clearview this week (40 minute drive) and see about a 13 inch shield.  Their charts show the 13 measures 11 inches vertical from the top of the speedo.  That's what I believe I need after some measuring.  Was hoping I could stay with the wind splitter (stock), but unlikely.  I'm 5'8", but sit like a 6 footer....apparently.

gordy:
I got a 09 SERG with a  12" klockswerk, wear a 3/4 helmet and always wear custom molded earplugs-the wind noise is too hard on the eardrums.
BTW got the big stereo and 2" fullsacs and it don't deaden the wind sound

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version