Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: 09 And Newer Touring...How Many Miles on Rear Tire?  (Read 15430 times)

HDBaggerDave

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 07FLHTCU
Re: 09 And Newer Touring...How Many Miles on Rear Tire?
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2011, 12:56:27 PM »

Replaced the rear of the 09 SERG at 21,500.  Still looked pretty good but why push it with a lot of long rides coming up. 

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2011, 11:04:14 PM »

Just replaced both at 10K but still had some life on them.  I was planning an Iron Butt ride and wanted good contact with the road.  I would venture to guess that I had an additional 2-3K left on the rear and 5K for the front.  I change my wife's out more often on her Road King just to look out for her a little bit more.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

RioGlide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 SE Road King - sold
    • CVO2: 07 VRSCDX - Night Rod Special - sold
    • CVO3: 11 FLRTUSE - Rio Red
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2011, 01:01:01 PM »

I always change rears at 10k no matter what.

Have gotten as few as 6k on rears, heat and hills tear em up.

Used to go up to 20k on front but now I'm reducing my limit to 15k, no point in pushing the limit.

A very slow riding friend has his original rubber on a 05 RK classic with 27k miles on it.  I think that's nuts, I don't care how gentle you are on em.  I know those had a harder compound but that's just risky, which is ironic given this guy's pretty risk-averse.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2011, 03:40:14 PM »

I just put new rubber on front and rear for the wife's SG at 15K, but she drives like a woman. ;D

I would wonder if different parts of the country have more or less coarse road surfaces? We had one road up to the house that was as slick as ice after a shower, much more slippery than the other roads in the area. My father-in-law said something about the composition of the asphalt being different on that road. I saw some very coarse roads out west.

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2011, 08:50:41 PM »

Jerry M/D, I have commented on this thread earlier. However, I just got back froma 3500 mile vacation with passenger and a fair amont of luggage.All different types of road surfaces. My original front tire (D407F) was cupped so bad at 11,251 miles it got replaced at BigSky Hd in Great falls Montana. When I left my rear looked like I was going to make it to 15,000 miles easily, but when I returned and had a front fork seal replaced dealer said I only had 3/32 left. On the bright side I ordered a new American Elite 180/65B16 from Sporttour (866-761-0936) delivered to my door for $185.90 I think their website is sporttour.com I checked with Dunlop before I ordered this tire and they said it is compatable with the D408  that I just had installed on the front. I hope I get at least 15K out of this American Elite. Dunlop told me it would be quieter then the 407 and it sure looks like it has a lot of tread. I hope this info helps someone out. CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 22 queries.