Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Arnott air shocks  (Read 991 times)

dlg

• Junior CVO Member
Arnott air shocks
« on: September 14, 2011, 11:15:25 AM »

I just put a pair of these shocks on my 2011 SESG and they work great.  I do have one question.  When they are lowered to the bump stops I get a different vibration.  It feels like the engine is now in contact with the frame.  I am asking other owners of this equipment if they feel the same thing.  I think once on the bump stops touch, the swingarm is transmitting the engine vibration to rest of the bike.  Thoughts.....

Thanks,
David

PS, I also have these on my Vrod and do not feel the same thing.  It is very smooth in every setting.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Arnott air shocks
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 01:02:22 PM »

I just put a pair of these shocks on my 2011 SESG and they work great.  I do have one question.  When they are lowered to the bump stops I get a different vibration.  It feels like the engine is now in contact with the frame.  I am asking other owners of this equipment if they feel the same thing.  I think once on the bump stops touch, the swingarm is transmitting the engine vibration to rest of the bike.  Thoughts.....

Thanks,
David

PS, I also have these on my Vrod and do not feel the same thing.  It is very smooth in every setting.

Yes.  Comparing the SG to the Vrod is like apples to Kiwi fruit.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

dlg

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 01:14:45 PM »

Thanks for the reply,  You are so right, the SESG is wonderful to ride, it is nothing like the Vrod.  I am just making sure that when it is lowered all of the way and I am moving "slowly" I am not screwing anything up.  I don't feel any rubbing when moving the bike with the engine off, just when it is on it is vibrating more.

Safe riding!!

David
Scotts Valley,CA

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 02:40:32 PM »

Thanks for the reply,  You are so right, the SESG is wonderful to ride, it is nothing like the Vrod.  I am just making sure that when it is lowered all of the way and I am moving "slowly" I am not screwing anything up.  I don't feel any rubbing when moving the bike with the engine off, just when it is on it is vibrating more.

Safe riding!!
David
Scotts Valley,CA

I'm 99.9% sure you're just feeling things due to the shocks being down on the stops, plus, these things VIBRATE until you get 'em over 2K RPM.  I have the Legends on my bike, and when they are all the way down, you feel more of everything.  It's fine to tool around in the parking lot with 'em down, but it's like an old hardtail.  The rubber mounted engine just jumps around a lot when below 2K.  Make sure all the bolts are tight on the important stuff, like floorboards, exhaust, motor mounts, etc.  I found a couple of loose bolts on mine right after I got it...not critcal fasteners, but a couple of other things.  Blue loctite is your friend with this bike.   ;)  The Vrod motor is just silky smooth in comparison, all across the RPM range...gotta love those Vrods for what they are intended.   :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »

I also have Anott's and also feel more vibes when down all the way. I'm pretty sure that you are right about
The vibe's coming through the frame.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.