Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: New Screaming Eagle Hat  (Read 6226 times)

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: New Screaming Eagle Hat
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 06:50:33 PM »

I happened to spot one at the dealership my last visit, turns out it was their last one and was of course quickly taken to the OCD counter for redemption. It definitely is a looker  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 06:51:23 PM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 10:10:46 PM »

I see the makings of a cool paint job for someone in that hat. HDjamsTX  Hey Dale, how bout this for your wife's new FLHX ?

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 02:21:09 AM »

I spotted that on Saturday myself.  Great looking hat.
Figured I'd be shot at home if I brought another hat home. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 02:26:44 AM by Rjob749 »

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 09:58:15 PM »

I don't wear caps but I bought that one!
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

Nasty Habit

• Full CVO Member
  • Starting Dec. 22nd, you can say Summer's Comming
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 11:55:02 PM »

I don't wear caps either. I have a question. Why do idiots wear caps backwards, or even crooked? This is perhaps the start of a new thread...
NH [smiley=banana.gif]
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, cold beer in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and yelling WHO, HOO! What a Ride...

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 08:23:14 AM »

I don't wear caps either. I have a question. Why do idiots wear caps backwards, or even crooked? This is perhaps the start of a new thread...
NH [smiley=banana.gif]
I wonder that myself? When I grew up if you wore your hat that way you rode the Short Bus! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] And folks felt sorry for you too. ;D

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 11:37:09 AM »

NH [smiley=banana.gif]

Like pulling your pants down to show yer underpanties. [smiley=verkleidung005.gif]     Oh yeah, the  Short Bus.  That's it.  

Garz   [smiley=smoking.gif]
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 11:39:24 AM »

I don't wear caps either. I have a question. [highlight]Why do idiots wear caps backwards, or even crooked?[/highlight] This is perhaps the start of a new thread...
NH [smiley=banana.gif]

Thier idea of looking "cool" with an attitude ... my thought is that it looks just the opposite but I'm just a geezer so what do I know?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ;)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 12:46:49 PM »

NH [smiley=banana.gif]

Well, I'm not a sociologist, but I would guess that it's way of being different, of separating oneself from the status quo and saying " hey I'm an individual " I wear mine backwards under my helmet and sometimes even without the helmet if I'm sitting with my back to the sun. It makes a great neck protector that way. I think the sideways stuff looks weird, but it's a generational thing. I call it the Hank Hill factor. Do the opposite of what the straights (tightasses) do. If I actually knew anyone who was as much of a tightass as Hank Hill, I would go out of my way to do anything I could to annoy him. Why ? Because people like that think they have some kind of mandate to dictate social behavior. They talk about being red blooded god fearing flag waving Americans, but their idea of freedom is bascially expressed in the form of " If I say it's good, it's good. If I say it's bad it's bad " and if you disagree then you are a liberal left wing commie who hates America. So maybe the answer to your question is not so easily tagged as calling someone an idiot.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 12:47:38 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 03:29:22 PM »

Yea Spidy...I can see the advantages of wearing the cap like a doo-rag, and the protection it affords your neck, even while riding.  I am a Sociologist (at least that was my major at UA), and it is a way for people to stick out, or identify with some particular group.  But, when I was a kid, those kids did get a ride on the short bus  ;D  They also got their ears thumped when it was cold outside...we were mean little chits when I grew up....hell, you had to be, or get your A$$ whupped every day.  You had to establish yourself.  But we didn't do crazy chit like shoot people and stuff...'course back then all we saw on TV was Ben, Hauss, Little Joe, and Adam...maybe a little something thrown in here and there like Ed, Lucy, The Beave  ;)

And I also think your ideas about the people in the world who have the "Hank Hill" syndrome are right on as well. My motto was, is, and will continue to be: Live and Let Live!!!  If nobody is being hurt, let 'em do what they want to do.

Back on topic....that is one cool hat...gonna have to check that one out this weekend at the local HD store.  Might have to add it to my collection if available. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 10:08:21 AM »

Hey TC,
          I'm going off thread again. Last year on my way to Biketoberfest I traveled I-40 because of the mess with Katrina on I-10. I dropped down through B'ham to get to FL.Spent one night in your area. Had to hunt a bit for a motel as most were booked up due to plant shutdowns. What's up with that ? Is it an annual thing ? When does it happen normally ? What plant(s) were they talking about ? Just curious since I will be going that way again this year.

Thanks
         Big B

PS
    Stopped in Selma on the way back and boy did they get a hoot out of my Maine accent.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 03:12:13 PM »

Spidy...I think you just hit it at a weird time...there's not many plants around here any more...US Steel was the main gig back when I was a kid, but all that's left there now is the pipe mill and support for it. The big thing in B'ham is Medical Care (UAB, where I work)...17K employees) and Financial Centers (lots of banking), so it's more service than manufacturing now days.  However, we've got a lot of car building...Mercedes is only about 40 miles away; Honda, and now Hundai (sp?), and all the spin-offs for support.  We had a LOT of people come here when Katrina happened, so that might have been part of why you had problems finding a place (we're only about 6 hours from N'oleans). Plus, a lot of stuff shut down here when Katrina happened, as we got some of the edges of her.  We're 250 miles from the coast, but can still get some 50 - 80 MPH winds off those things. If you'r coming thru again, get in touch and I'll help you find a decent place.  

Yea, I'll bet they did get a hoot out of your accent in Selma....different dialect there than B'ham.  We've got about 3 pretty distinct accents, depending on where in the state you are raised.

TTS Mastertune

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 11:44:32 AM »

TC
     No matter. I never knew "Bama" was such a beautiful place. I loved the whole ride from north to south through your great state and if you think the folks in Selma enjoyed MY accent, you had to be there to see me trying to understand theirs - - - - Sellllllllllma - - - - - ordering dinner took me a 1/2 hr and both me and the two girls waiting on me were in tears we were laughing so hard. I was telling them I was lost and asking them where was I and just goofing around having fun. I am looking forward to getting back that way again. Now I know what they sing " Sweet Home Alabama "

Big B

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 11:55:27 AM »

Yea...I'm always surprised when talking to people about Bama...they have a picture in their mind of the state being flat and totally filled with toothless wonders...truth is, we got the most rivers of any state in the country, nice mountains, beautiful sugar sand beaches, and the folks are sincerely nice...they just talk funny sometimes.

Skynard knew what they were talkin' about!!!

TTS Mastertune
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.