Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Noise in Primary  (Read 30453 times)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: Noise in Primary
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2012, 03:25:13 PM »

I don't know what to tell you.  You could tell them to pull the primary cover and inspect.  If nothing found wrong, it would be on your dime.  If found defective, on their's.   Personally, I wouldn't get a lawyer yet.     :nixweiss:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2012, 03:56:23 PM »

When I dropped my bike off at the dealer, the service writer started it and agreed that there was some unusual sounds coming from the primary side.  Today when I called to check on their progress I'm told . . . ( now I know that most of you guys already know what I was told )  . . . that the tech has listened to it and ridden it and everything is NORMAL!  He tried to tell me that these 110's all make that noise and it wasn't unusual at all.  I asked them if they didn't find it "unusual" that it didn't make this noise for over 14K miles and just started doing it? So far, they have done nothing at all but listen to it! Nobody has removed the outer primary and looked at anything!  I'm really frustrated and PO'd that I cannot get proper service performed on my bike. This is the same dealer I bought it from new in 08.  Does anybody know of any recourse that can be taken when the dealer refuses to acknowledge there is a problem, other than getting a lawyer?

Find another dealer.  Since your bike is covered under the ESP and not the factory warranty, you don't have to go to a franchised Harley dealership.  Check with the ESP administrator and find out which independents in your area are authorized to do ESP work.

Getting a lawyer won't faze the truly crappy dealers, they've probably been on the receiving end of tons of complaints and lawsuits already and consider it just another part of doing business.  I would definitely contact H-D and let them know about the sorry service at that place.  Harley doesn't seem to care much these days, but you never know when they might see the light and start using customer service as part of a dealership's evaluation.

Remember all of this if you decide to buy another bike or accessory in the future.  If you continue to do business with that dealership, you can only blame yourself if you get screwed again.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2012, 04:09:11 PM »

Amen, I wouldn't want to get screwed twice by the same dealer.  Give some other dealer a chance to get a piece!  You are right about one thing, I'll think twice about what brand of motorcycle I buy next time.
Jesus is Lord

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2012, 05:28:31 PM »

My best advice is find a good independent shop, I have yet to find a dealer I would allow to wash my bike, much less wrench on it.

I went with the SE Compensator & SOHB Wedge Tensioner, so far so good !

(see my signature)

:cucumber:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 05:30:13 PM by Shovelhead »
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.946 seconds with 21 queries.