Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Test riding the '12 FLTRXSE... review and thoughts....  (Read 5011 times)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
Test riding the '12 FLTRXSE... review and thoughts....
« on: October 09, 2011, 12:42:48 AM »

Now... dont get me wrong... This is an AWESOME scoot... it just didnt move me the way the 09 FLTRSE3 did.

1) Those damn skulls.... Willy G.. what were you thinking for a production bike?
2) I'm gonna broken record this one again: Where'd the EAGLE go on the fairing?
3) Mirrors... too damn small for my taste and shake more than I care for.
4) The bars are very comfortable... but whats with the small diameter?
5) Seat: Nice concept... 2 pieces.. too bad momma hated the passenger pillion and the riders seat had no "sweet spot" I slid all over it...
6) NICE colors....the skunk is awesome.. sitting next to it was a blue..... also very nice.... however the skunk gets my vote.
7) NO backrest (rider or passenger)
8) NICE sounds.... but the ipod cable up and over the strut cover? ugly as sin.
9) GREAT TQ for a stock bike...
10) That useless vibrating windsplitter windscreen.
11) Not liking black engine covers
12) Non-bright-finished engine hardware looks horrendous against the black engine covers.

NICE power.... good ride and road glide handling... took it out for a 3 mile putt with a shotgun rider.... got on it pretty hard and impressed myself.... :)

Overall? I like it.... but didnt fall in love with it... even after a test ride.... without the 'Eagle... it isnt... :(

Time to buy the 131 and procharger for the 09 :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 01:11:01 AM by 2009_FLTRSEI3 »

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

jcd520

Re: Test riding the '12 FLTRXSE... review and thoughts....
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 10:51:36 AM »

Great post!!!!! 
I am really craving a road glide and have for some time but the offerings so far just don't do it for me. As for the 12's I have to agree with you on almost every point.
It almost looks like they decided to do this bike but just throw it together with some half azzed thought and see how it  goes over. I really hope next year we get rear saddlebag lid speakers with the SESG powered head unit (or more) , speakers in the non existent lowers(you surely can figure out how to use that awesome air cleaner with lowers), a backrest, and a decent seat. Well, forget the seat, I have never used a stock HD seat in my life and doubt they will ever make one that is for riding and not for looking at. The bars I love ! Finally a new angle on the pullback that fits me. I must say I have always liked the stock electra glide bars so these work nicely for me and as for the diameter-----------this is the only SE bike I know of that does not have 1" bars. Not a major issue because I like the new angle so much but the bigger diameter would be nice . When I test rode one it was the black one -------nice, as I ride only black themed bikes , but the brown out look just didn't do it for me. Hoping next year their will be somehting basically black with some color along with it. Can't go the blue or skunk although I must say they are kick azz---------just not for me. And then there is those skulls----------------I know this has been beat to death but really??????? What is this --------------Halloween?????

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 09:52:03 PM »

When I test rode one it was the black one -------nice, as I ride only black themed bikes , but the brown out look just didn't do it for me.

Did they add a fourth color for the SERGC?   :nixweiss:  Didn't know there was a black one.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 10:55:42 PM »

1) Those damn skulls.... Willy G.. what were you thinking for a production bike?      :nixweiss:

2) I'm gonna broken record this one again: Where'd the EAGLE go on the fairing?      :nixweiss:

Hopefully, those items will be a single year mistake....
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:14:40 PM by sadunbar »
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 03:04:33 AM »

Hopefully, those items will bw a single year mistake....

figure they took the eagle off the fairing for 2010 on the SERGU.... so I think its gone.

I vented with the reps at the dealership as well as the HOG regional manager....

If that bike had the eagle.. the white one would be at home....

Right now... seriously considering the dark slate/black diamond street glide and doing a Road Glide conversion WITH the correct eagle on the fairing... :)

I REALLY like that color scheme.

jcd520

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 01:12:34 PM »

Did they add a fourth color for the SERGC?   :nixweiss:  Didn't know there was a black one.

:devil:
no,I just called the brown one black because it is black diamond with the maple overlay___________same bike.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 01:55:26 PM »

no,I just called the brown one black because it is black diamond with the maple overlay___________same bike.
:2vrolijk_21:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 01:43:21 PM »

At first I was kind of excited to see the Willy G skull on there.  Thought it was a little different, and in line with the styling and theme of a RGC, but I must admit, I'm past it now, and saddened by the lack of the eagle.  That eagle is everything a Screamin' Eagle should be, and one of the reasons I bought my '10 FLHXSE.

I'll be curious to see what Harley does for it next year, if they make another run with the FLTRXSE...

Good post!

lbk454

• WyomingRider
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 04:07:47 PM »

The other negative is the i-Pod cable between the saddle bag and the fender.  The MoCo hid it on the Ultra and Street Glide CVOs, but it sticks out like a sore thumb on the RG.

jcd520

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 05:06:05 PM »

The other negative is the i-Pod cable between the saddle bag and the fender.  The MoCo hid it on the Ultra and Street Glide CVOs, but it sticks out like a sore thumb on the RG.

Uhhhhhhhh----mine on my 11SESG is exposed also between the saddlebag and fender---- pretty sure they all are----am I not understanding what you mean? It has to cross from the bag somewhere , what would you suggest? I think they put it there so it would be easily accessible when removing the bag to unplug it. Works great on mine and really not that visible. I have the saddlebag lid spoilers as well and the wire for the LED lighting on them does the same thing on both sides , just not as big a harness.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 08:03:47 PM »

Uhhhhhhhh----mine on my 11SESG is exposed also between the saddlebag and fender---- pretty sure they all are----am I not understanding what you mean? It has to cross from the bag somewhere , what would you suggest? I think they put it there so it would be easily accessible when removing the bag to unplug it. Works great on mine and really not that visible. I have the saddlebag lid spoilers as well and the wire for the LED lighting on them does the same thing on both sides , just not as big a harness.

I never noticed this on the SG's.. but on the RG, the iPod cable is above the painted strut cover instead of under it... looks like azz for most.

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 22 queries.