CVO Technical > EVO

Harley Noise not here, please help!!

(1/6) > >>

Dathaii:
Hi, Im just registered and Im wondering if anyone can help me out.
I have just purchased a 96 Roadking.  To my disappointment it dosent have what I'd call a Harley noise, its too quiet.  Really smooth but not what I'd expect from a Harley.  Can someone please point me in the direction of solving my problem, maybe something to do with the exhaust or air intake?  Im not sure as this is my first Harley.  

thanks
Dathaii

RedFXR2:
My first thought is that folks have different ideas of what the "Harley noise" is all about.  But, if you're looking for suggestions for exhaust, then I'd suggest you be patient and go to events like bike nights or rallys and listen to a bunch of evo-powered bikes and take note of what pipes they have.  Some are louder than others, and some are much louder than others. :)  And after the "how loud" issue, some have different tones, aside from just volume.

There are a ton of pipes out there, and they run the gamut in style, performance and sound, so shop around.

Dathaii:
Thanks for the advice, the only thing I can compare it to at the moment is my friends Heritage Softail.  Its louder than mine with a real (good!!) rattle from the engine!!!

Dathaii:
Here's a picture of the bike and exhaust, anyone know which exhaust system it is or can you tell from a picture?

SPIDERMAN:
View from the side would provide a clearer idea of what's on your bike. The pic you provided looks like a BUB, but it can't be that since I don't think you'd be calling BUB pipes too quiet. I agree with the post above from Red, the wisest thing you could do would be to go to a spot where bikes congregate and check out the looks and sound of some. As to your friend's bike " rattling "  The only Harley's I've ever heard that the exhaust has a rattle are panheads. Maybe there's a chuffing sound you are calling a rattle, but you don't want rattle in an EVO, believe me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version