Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: New Nolan N-104 review.....  (Read 48463 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
New Nolan N-104 review.....
« on: October 25, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »

Due for release in Jan. 2012.....lighter and more streamlined than the N-103.....

http://blog.revzilla.com/2011/08/nolan-n104-helmet-preview.html 
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Re: New Nolan N-104 review.....
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 12:57:23 PM »

It looks like the blue tooth system of the N-103 will not fit the N-104. :nixweiss:

Volumne is in english.....   
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 01:07:18 PM »

West Coast GTG   

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 01:15:52 PM »

Looks nice, with some good improvements...the price of admission will also include a new N-Com though.  The compartment for the module looks much smaller.  Looks like the chin bar, when in the up position, sits more on the forehead portion of the helmet than prior models...probably the reason it has been approved to wear in the up position when riding.  Increased lower visibility with the chin bar down is also a good thing...no more tilting your head down to see instruments or the GPS.  :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 02:18:35 PM »

Looks nice, with some good improvements...the price of admission will also include a new N-Com though. 

My old N102 should be replaced.  Still functional without any appreciable damage but it's got a few years on it.  So had been looking forward to this release for next year. 

TC, where did you see that the helmet price included the Com gear?  I saw several references to the lid being "ready" or other such references for whatever will be the new N-Com hardware.  But didn't see anything that said the helmet price of $450 was inclusive of the communications bits.

Sucks (a little) that the existing N-Com equipment won't retrofit physically.  No doubt it'll pair to the new stuff so can save it for the kid's lid.  Probably better range and maybe more pairings available though.  A guy can at least hope.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 03:09:42 PM »

My old N102 should be replaced.  Still functional without any appreciable damage but it's got a few years on it.  So had been looking forward to this release for next year. 

TC, where did you see that the helmet price included the Com gear?  I saw several references to the lid being "ready" or other such references for whatever will be the new N-Com hardware.  But didn't see anything that said the helmet price of $450 was inclusive of the communications bits.

Sucks (a little) that the existing N-Com equipment won't retrofit physically.  No doubt it'll pair to the new stuff so can save it for the kid's lid.  Probably better range and maybe more pairings available though.  A guy can at least hope.

No, Don...didn't see a price that included the communication.  Generally speaking, Revzilla has decent prices on helmets, and they offer a very flexible return policy.  I've ordered a few things from them and have been happy with the service.  They may be taking pre-orders for the N-104  :nixweiss:  I imagine these will be a fairly hot item when first released in January.  One thing I think you'll like on the new version is the inside sun visor...it comes down much further than what was on the 102, which is pretty much useless for me, other than to block some of the sun when it's up fairly high in the sky.

I was lamenting the fact, on JC's behalf, that the com system out of the 103 wouldn't work.  Damn shame to have to buy that again, but I guess it's been made smaller, which makes sense.

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 04:42:19 PM »

No, Don...didn't see a price that included the communication.  Generally speaking, Revzilla has decent prices on helmets, and they offer a very flexible return policy.  I've ordered a few things from them and have been happy with the service.  They may be taking pre-orders for the N-104  :nixweiss:  I imagine these will be a fairly hot item when first released in January.  One thing I think you'll like on the new version is the inside sun visor...it comes down much further than what was on the 102, which is pretty much useless for me, other than to block some of the sun when it's up fairly high in the sky.

I was lamenting the fact, on JC's behalf, that the com system out of the 103 wouldn't work.  Damn shame to have to buy that again, but I guess it's been made smaller, which makes sense.

Ok, got it.   That was my impression on the com modules also. 

I took the sun visor off my N102 almost immediatley after getting the helmet here from London (they were released in Europe quite awhile before being stateside).  Totally useless.  Also have an old N42 as does my niece.  On those lids the visor comes down lower and is very usable.  Have worn a couple of N103s for an hour or so at a time and found those to be useful also.  Makes me wish the sun shield on the 102 didn't come down to such a bad line.

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 06:03:37 PM »

That looks like a very good alternative... I will wait until it comes out before jumping on the Shark Evoline 2ST.

Thank you for the links.  :2vrolijk_21:
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 11:21:59 PM »

Ok, got it.   That was my impression on the com modules also. 

I took the sun visor off my N102 almost immediatley after getting the helmet here from London (they were released in Europe quite awhile before being stateside).  Totally useless.  Also have an old N42 as does my niece.  On those lids the visor comes down lower and is very usable.  Have worn a couple of N103s for an hour or so at a time and found those to be useful also.  Makes me wish the sun shield on the 102 didn't come down to such a bad line.

Yea, Don, that is a weakness on the 102's.  A lot depended on how much forehead you have, but no matter what, the visor always fell in a more or less bad place when looking straight ahead, cruising.  I rarely lowered it all the way...it got on my nerves.  I did leave mine on though...found it useful to block the sun at most times of the day, just not when it was relatively low in the sky.  So, I wore clip on sunglasses...but I don't see quite as well with the clip ons for some reason.  My vision is messed up in my right eye and can't be corrected, so I'm real sensitive to changes in vision, as my left eye has become dominant.  Even though most of the internal sun visors out on the Flip Helmets today don't allow any less than 50% light transmission (other than Schuberth)...that's usually good enough to keep from wearing sunglasses, from my experience.  Plus, as an added bonus, you can instantly flip it up for tunnels.   :2vrolijk_21:  And when you're still rolling at dusk, you don't say to yourself "chit, I ought to stop and take these sunglasses off"... :huepfenlol2:

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 11:23:51 PM »

Do ya' think I might overanalyze things a little?   :nixweiss:  It's a fault, so shoot me...

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 01:14:00 AM »

Do ya' think I might overanalyze things a little?   :nixweiss:  It's a fault, so shoot me...

:drink:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 12:37:54 PM »

Due for release in Jan. 2012.....lighter and more streamlined than the N-103.....

http://blog.revzilla.com/2011/08/nolan-n104-helmet-preview.html 

H'mmm just in time for the NYC bike show. Was planning on changing out my bargain FF HD helmet this year.
I do hope decent speakers and either BT or mini jacks for music is part of the system.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 12:48:16 PM »

Arwyn

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 03:49:37 PM »

I have been running with the Nolan N90 and really like the helmet. I am interested in seeing what kind of improvements that Nolan has made with the expansion to the viewport in particular.

Been very happy with the N90, but might pick this up if there are enough changes.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 06:47:16 PM »

Karen and I have the N90's also and quite happy with them. And I got used to pulling down the dark shield just a little to block the sun when it's high in the sky but still in your eyes. But I don't use it much as the optics aren't very good.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.