Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: 04 FLHTCSE  (Read 37518 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: 04 FLHTCSE
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2003, 01:21:18 PM »

One of the dealers I'm working with quoted a $600 bike setup fee.
What are you guys getting charged???

for my 02 i paid msrp plus $500 setup
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

liketoride

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2003, 03:54:46 PM »

I called every dealer in town as soon as I returned from Milwaukee.  I was able to get the first one from one of the local shops.  It is scheduled to ship on September 16th (today) from Harley.  Does anyone know if these scheduled ship dates from Harley are very accurate?

Minglewood

• Junior CVO Member
  • '00 FXR4 (gone); '11 FLTRUSE
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2003, 05:24:56 PM »

The set-up fee will pale in comparison to what the dealer will ask for over MSRP.  How much are you prepared to pay over MSRP , is the real question.  For me, I'm just not sure.  Don't have to decide until the bike is here.

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2003, 06:13:57 PM »

I found some places are charging over the MSRP and some don't. The 3 (yep 3) dealers that as of today at lunch time have a deposit from me promised nothing over the MSRP that is written on the HD web site. The closest dealer to my house said $33,000 + fees. They do not have any of my money.

Today at lunch time I went down and actually put my name on a Black and Blue one. No date yet. The other 2 dealers have my money but my name is not on a bike yet.

jay

• Junior CVO Member
  • flhtcse b&b
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2003, 10:16:34 PM »

This has been my experience with fees and delivery dates.  My dealer charges me $300 for set up.

As for delivery dates, the ship date from the factory is not the ship date to your dealer.  That is the date it is shipped to a regional carrier (trucking outfit.)  That carrier will wait until he has a load large enough to make the trip to your local area worth his while.  My experience is that the bike may sit with him waiting to get a full load for 2 weeks.  Once your dealer gets it, he needs to set it up and it depends on how fast he does that once the bike arrives.  Mine ususal takes a week depending on how many other bikes arrive on that same shippment.

I am planning on putting a touring seat on mine as well as having the stock one.  It looks like the seat will have to be a Road King seat rather than an Electra Glide one since the tank panel is so long.  Anyone know anything about this?  Anyone know if the new Comfort Stitch seat is as comfortable as the old Pillow seat?
'46 FL Knuckle with sidecar
'52 Hummer 125
'65 FLH Pan
'77 XLCR
'81 FLH Hetiage Special
'87 Hetiage Custom

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2003, 05:06:47 PM »

As for color of choice, I saw the blue/black yesterday being set up in a dealer. I had my mind made up on the Orange and black, called the dealer where my order was at today and told them I would take whatever color came first. Both are great looking, the Blue and Black in photos does not do the bike justice. As for price. MSRP plus set up. But have seen prices at other dealers ranging up to $5500 over MSRP

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
I Re: 04 FLHTCSE
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2003, 11:01:37 AM »

I have a deposit at 3 places, One is MSRP + 600, One is MSRP + 900. Don't know what the last one is. I can deal with getting taken by a few hundred,

On the other hand I have seen anywhere from $1500 to $5000 above MSRP + fees. I refuse to give them any of my money.

I'm trying to find a dealership nearby that has one I can take a look at. I still haven't seen one except the pics.

Once in a while I get this big knot in my stomach for giving HD so much freakin money. Then I go down the list of stuff that comes on this bike and I feel much better. Sound familiar to anyone????? [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

Re: I 04 FLHTCSE
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2003, 11:11:12 AM »

Once in a while I get this big knot in my stomach for giving HD so much freakin money. Then I go down the list of stuff that comes on this bike and I feel much better. Sound familiar to anyone????? [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

i was the same way with my SERK

liketoride

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2003, 03:34:17 PM »

You guys are lucky.  All Harley dealers in the Atlanta area are still able to get a premium on most models.  I am having to pay over MSRP for this bike.  Luckily they will give me an instore credit on the amount over MSRP after one year.  Close to MSRP I guess.  One dealer in town is charging $5,500 over MSRP plus a $650 setup.  They have already sold their allotment of FLHTCSE for 2004.

I keep thinking I could save alot of money by just buying the Ultra, but I have always wanted something a little different.  

I got to see and sit on both colors in Milwaukee during the 100th.  Its probably the best looking bike Harley has made in my opinion.  Hopefully the high sticker price will be worth it.  The dealer called and said I should be able to pick my bike up on Saturday.  

liketoride

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2003, 03:49:19 PM »

My bike has arrived at the shop [smiley=1syellow1.gif].  The stock pipes look great but are pretty quite.  They claim if they bore them out that they will sound terrible.  Does anyone have any pipe suggestions?  I would kind of like to stick with Harley or Screaming Eagle pipes.  I have screaming eagle touring pipes on my road king.  They are not very loud but have a nice sound.  I have heard the Reinharts.  They sound great, but I think they will be to loud for my son when we ride.

They claim I shouldnt have to have it remaped when I do the air flow kit.  Is this true with the 103 stroker engine?

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2003, 04:43:51 PM »

Congrats on getting the bike. I don't even know when mine will be here.
When it does come in I am going to put the Vance and Hines (I think they are called classic slip-on's). They make a nice deep rumble and they are mufflers not the whole pipe set. I'm thinking about adding the power commander, SE air cleaner kit and SE chip but I don't know for sure how much money I will have.
Vance and Hines suggests the power commander but you don't need it for the pipes.

naitram has a 2002 FLHRSE that I believe has the pipes I am suggesting, maybe he will let us know how he likes them.
You should be able to get them through your dealer.

liketoride

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2003, 05:18:39 PM »

The dealer just called and said the bike already has the SE air flow kit and the SE chip installed.  They currently do not know how to remap the FLHTCSE for different pipes yet.  They want me to wait for new pipes until they get a chance to get clear directions from Harley on what kind of remapping if any needs to be done based on different pipes.  They are having a conference call with techs from Harley tomorrow.  I guess I'll learn more then.

So I guess I will pick it up stock (except some highway pegs and light trim rings) and break it in first then decide what to do about the exhaust system.

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2003, 06:18:12 PM »

Yesterday I saw a black one at the local dealer for the first time. I really like it. I'm jealous. What color is yours?
I can't freakin wait.

The bikes don't need much. But there is a some room to personalize it.

Did it come with the Chip and air cleaner kit, or did you pay extra?

When do you pick it up? Some of the dealers around here will hold back from telling you so they can have it in their showroom a couple of extra days.

I am off work in an hour and heading to Reno, NV. for Street Vibrations over the weekend. I wish I had an FLHTCSE to show off. Owe well maybe next year.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2003, 06:48:38 PM »

i do have the vance and hines slipons, wouldnt trade them for anything. sound good but not too loud. if you do the air kit you will need to remap most likey they can use the same mapping as flhrsei2 which also has the 103CI motor

32926-03A

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524447507071&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302319503&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302319503&bmUID=1064530639108&bmLocale=en_US

but make sure they find out. when the flhrsei first came out my dealer put the wrong code in......

Biggmon

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2003, 01:14:45 AM »

Hey Kingsalmon, where did you order yours from? and where did you see the blue one at? I would like to go see it.
I ordered a Orange/black one from Vallejo. They have no idea when it will be in.
Thx Darren

P.S. on my way to Reno also.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.