Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: 04 FLHTCSE  (Read 37565 times)

Minglewood

• Junior CVO Member
  • '00 FXR4 (gone); '11 FLTRUSE
Re: 04 FLHTCSE
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2003, 02:15:47 AM »

Dealer tells me Orange won't be painted until they've built all the blue - first ship date will be after the new year.

Anyone hear the same?

liketoride

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2003, 08:14:33 AM »

I am getting the vivid black and cobalt.  According to the dealer the SE air flow and SE chip are stock on the bike.  I guess I will find out more tomorrow when I pick it up.

I will pick it up stock and see how it sounds.  I am going to a party at a dealer tomorrow night, good chance to show off the bike.  If I dont like the sound from the stock pipes, I guess I'll buy some Vance Hines.  Everything tomorrow during the party is 20% off.  Will be a good time to buy them.

I dont think they wanted me to pick the bike up so soon.  But I knew the bike shipped, I have been calling every day to see if it was in yet.  

My plan is to pick it up as early as possible tomorrow.  I would like to ride a few hundred miles before the concert at the other dealership.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2003, 09:33:01 AM »

i got the same story from my dealer 2 years ago. the SERK had screamin eagle mufflers but they were not performance mufflers the were stock flowing. also to meet EPA egulations the bike did not have high-flow air kit and and so it had no need to be remapped from the factory.  when the parts guys started doing their homework when i ordered pipes they found out that i didnt have the air kit. i would suggest that you call another dealer and get a second opinion on wether or not the bike came with the air kit and mapping
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2003, 10:47:27 AM »

I have heard from two other dealers the same thing, at least February delivery on Orange.

Biggmon

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2003, 11:02:58 AM »

Man Feb. for my orange one. I want it yesterday. I guess that will give me time to sell my 2002 Road King.
Thx for the info. If anyone has thier bike yet maybe you could post some pictures.
Darren

liketoride

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2003, 09:33:45 AM »

Well the big day finally arrived.  I got on my Road King for the last time and road out to the dealership.  When I pulled up to the dealership the bike was waiting for me out front.  It looks great.  I agree with the other person that said that the pictures doesnt do it justice.  It looked great.  

I said my final goodbyes to my 2000 Road King.  I traded it in on the new bike.  They gave me a fair price considering it needed two tires and was due for major service.

After 3 hours of waiting, paperwork, negotiations, and having a last minute adjustment to the gear shift.  I pulled out on my new ride.

It was very responsive compared to the 88.  I was dying to crank it up.  The FLHTSCE sits almost a whole inch lower then my Road King.  Being 6,4"  I was worried that this would be a problem.  But actually the bike road a lot better, it seemed the center of gravity was a little lower.  Road great!!

The stereo has the weather band on it.  While I was listening to the weather, I learned I was heading straight for a thunderstorm and small hail was reported.  I was still 40 miles from home.  New bike and hail storms dont go together.  I decided to keep driving until I got to the other dealership that was having the concert.  It started to sprinkle a little before I got there.  Luckily the FLHTCSE comes with a cover.  Its designed for indoor use, but I didnt have a choice.  As soon as I pulled in I covered it up and the bottom let loose from the heavens.  It rained for an hour.  After the rain stopped, I uncovered the bike.  It got a lot of attention by the 300 other people waiting for the concert.

My only complaints so far:

The seat is like seating on pavement.  Its very hard,  maybe it just needs some breaking in.  That will be the first thing to be changed out.  

I was in some stop and go traffic on the way home.  You  could cook an egg on my right thigh, the heat was so high.  I thought maybe it was the asfault, but my left leg felt fine.  

Is this heat normal for the electra glide or is it the 103?  My Road King never had this kind of heat from the right side.

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2003, 10:44:21 AM »

Hey Liketoride,
The bike looks great, How does it sound???

Biggmon,

I saw the bike on display at Walnut Creek HD. Vallejo HD is one of the places that has a deposit of mine. That deposit doesn't reserve me a bike, it puts me on the list.

Fremont HD has my name on a bike.

Everyone else,

I saw the Blue one at Steet Vibrations outside in the sun. It is one bad ass bike.

I also spoke to the factory rep, he said if you have a blue one coming you should get it before Xmas. Orange ones will start coming in January.

As for the Air cleaner and chip. He beat around the bush with his BS, but it sounded to me like if you want it, you will need to add it. Not recommended by factory.

I am assuming it is the same with all the other HD's.
I will have an another extra set of pipes, a box with a stock air cleaner and  and empty chip package in my garage.

I wonder if the chip that is in my "88" is the same chip as the "103"

liketoride

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2003, 11:12:57 AM »

It sounds better then a regular stock harley, but I will have to do something to get a better sound.  Not for sure what to do yet.  I will break it in and take sometime to decide the best pipe solution.  The dealership seemed a little wishy washy on doing anything just yet.

The stock air flow cover has 4 openings, which I think is two more then the rest of the 88s.  One on each side.  

Minglewood

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2003, 12:27:11 PM »

Keep us posted on that right-side high heat situation.  I'm not a mechanic, nor mechanically inclined, but I wonder if it might have something to do with the oil cooler (like perhaps it wasn't functioning properly).  This bike should not get uncomfortably hot.  Might want to post in the SERK forum.

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2003, 01:06:48 PM »

The Blue and Black is sharp, just does not pop in photos the way orange does. Was at my dealership Saturday and they are telling me October 20th on mine. Hopefully enough time to break it in before snow flies!

jay

• Junior CVO Member
  • flhtcse b&b
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2003, 02:06:02 PM »

I have an '02 Ultra and get cooked thighs in hot weather if I am stuck in traffic.  Maybe the nature of the beast I guess.  I wonder if the 103, bewing stroked, is any taller than the 88.  That might make you feel the heat more??
'46 FL Knuckle with sidecar
'52 Hummer 125
'65 FLH Pan
'77 XLCR
'81 FLH Hetiage Special
'87 Hetiage Custom

liketoride

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2003, 08:21:17 AM »

Just got an email from Zylstrahd.com.  They have an FLHTCSE in stock for the small price of $34,999.   Suprisingly no one has bought it yet.  This is the highest price I have seen anywhere.

You guys who are getting the bike for MSRP, should thank your lucky stars.

Minglewood

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2003, 10:56:43 AM »

That price is nuts, unless someone's willing to pay it.  Saw two on ebay.  Highest bid was $29.9.

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2003, 06:16:02 PM »

Guess I'm Crazy..Im paying 35k and my bike will be in Monday! Fell in love with the bike at Sturgis. Every dealer charging less in my area has sold theie whole allotment.
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

nsrider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2003, 06:49:38 AM »

Just received word from my dealer that my bike is being built on Nov 4th, shipped on the 7th and should be here on the 14th, YAHOO !. MSRP price in Canada is $42600 cdn (approx. $32K US) and this is what I'll be paying. Still haven't sold my 98 FLHTC so if anyone knows of a buyer let me know. Asking $19.5 cdn or $14.5 US, Great shape, 83K km (50K miles).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.