Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: 04 FLHTCSE  (Read 37983 times)

liketoride

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: 04 FLHTCSE
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2003, 09:51:46 AM »

[smiley=beerchug.gif] Regardless what you pay, you will love the bike.  It gets attention everywhere I go, and better yet its a blast to ride.

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2003, 05:26:48 PM »

Congradulations on getting the call. I am still waiting for a date. They said it will be a Blue one so it should be here before January.  I will most likely be selling my 01 Ultra when the new one comes in.

How is the weather where you are??

You can send the bike down to me and I will break it in for you if you want. I promise no burnouts or wheelys for the first 100 miles.
Let me know if you need my help

[smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

starvin

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2003, 09:07:04 PM »

my bike just came in last week,blue also, just waiting for the damn map program to come in so it can be remapped to the new pipes and high flow air cleaner. glad to here from liketoride that the seat is hard becuse my wife made me by the mustang seat. she said I could only buy the bike if she would be as comfortabel as she was on our classic. Had to make her happy since she's helping pay for it and she  wasn't real happy when I explained that it was only a myth that you had to eat everyday.

jay

• Junior CVO Member
  • flhtcse b&b
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2003, 09:36:58 PM »

Just wondering why you didn't get a Classic or Road King seat since your wife liked the Classic seat.  I ask because my wife put the same demand on me!
'46 FL Knuckle with sidecar
'52 Hummer 125
'65 FLH Pan
'77 XLCR
'81 FLH Hetiage Special
'87 Hetiage Custom

starvin

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2003, 10:05:01 PM »

I liked the look of this seat a little better and with the full length console on the bike you have to buy a seat that will fit the roadking. I'll let you know how she likes it hopefully next week if she doesn't I'll be looking for a new seat.

http--www.mustangseats.com-roadking97-roadking97_

starvin

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2003, 10:09:01 PM »

nsrider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2003, 12:29:08 PM »

Kingsalmon - Thanks but no thanks on the break in offer. If the weather is good for a few days in late November, early December I will get it broken in. Weather here has been good, mid teens Celsius (low 50's Fahrenheit). Just got out for a little 150 mile toot yesterday. Don't usually put the bike away until the snow flies and then only because they start using salt on the roads. Climate here very similar to coastal Pacific northwest lots of fog & rain in the winter not a lot of snow.

Steve

liketoride

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2003, 08:47:41 AM »

Starvin,

Which pipes did you put on?

I guess that explains why they wouldnt put pipes on mine or the high airflow kit, they didnt have the mapping for it yet.  

starvin

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2003, 11:32:04 AM »

I put on the screamin eagle performance pipes with turn out end caps, I talked to dealer this weekend and he was sure it would be in early this week. It's starting to snow right now so getting it home might be a challenge but I'll feel better having it sit in my garage.

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2003, 07:08:50 PM »

Well, Mine was to be in today but the computer says it is still being built.

Pipes.. I'm thinking of putting the Reinhart true duals on the bike. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2003, 07:09:28 PM by cabo »
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

starvin

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2003, 08:45:15 AM »

Finally got the mustang seat, it fits but the hole for the seat didn't line up perfectly I had to really push on it to get the screw in, Seats about 1/4 in. to long. If nothing else I can always file the hole on the seat. The seat looks good on the bike but the stock backrest does not work very well due to the seat being higher. I'm still waiting for my tour pack to come in. My wife said it was every bit as comfortable as the classic and will work good for long trips, I thouhgt it was more comfortable than the stock seat however it does raise the riding position by and inch or so.

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2003, 09:21:53 AM »

which mustang did you buy? The Solo mustang was tight but not a 1/4" off.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 09:23:01 AM by cabo »
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

starvin

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2003, 09:35:04 AM »

the one piece touring seat for the roadking. according to the directions the console is adjustable on the roadking, i don't see any way to adjust the length on the electra qlide

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2003, 10:55:40 AM »

I spoke to one of the dealers that has a deposit of mine and he said my bike was not going to come in for a couple of months due to delays in the CVO plant. Has to do with paint on the 03's. He said mine would still be a blue one.
The factory guy at Street Vibrations said if I am getting a bike before the first of the year it would be blue, after the first it would be an orange one.

I don't know if the dealer is BS ing me or what. Has anyone heard any stories like this ??
[smiley=nixweiss.gif]

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2003, 03:52:58 PM »

I have a guy that is supposed to let me know when they start the painting of the Orange. I have equipment in the Tomahawk Plant and was planning on doing a sales call in the plant when the orange started. You know check over my equipment and get a glance at the orange once they start painting it. The bike I have a deposit on is Orange. I will let you know if I hear any dates on the switch to Orange if that helps you out at all.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 21 queries.