Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: '00 SERG Saddlebag Liner  (Read 3808 times)

Rimjam

• Elite CVO Member
'00 SERG Saddlebag Liner
« on: November 07, 2011, 11:46:53 AM »

I got only one saddlebag liner when I bought my SERG but the previous owner promised to find & send the other one  -  yeah, right.  I've started looking at swap meets for another but haven't seen one like the one that's supposed to be original.  Before I make a wrong purchase could one of you experts verify that the one I now have is correct?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: '00 SERG Saddlebag Liner
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 11:52:24 AM »

Didn't think the classic SERGs came with the saddlebag liners.  Common P&A option though.  The liners have changed a bit in appearance over the years though. 

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 01:24:31 PM »

I thought I had scans of my factory literature posted on here that listed what it came with, but this was the closest I could come up with (winter 2000 "Enthusiast" magazine article): http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=18549.msg297324#msg297324

Anyway, yeah, liners were included and the ones pictures are the correct ones.  They moved the logo/patch to the sides on the current version.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441837783&default=none

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 01:27:54 PM »

Anyway, yeah, liners were included and the ones pictures are the correct ones.  They moved the logo/patch to the sides on the current version.

Thanks for the heads-up Brian.  Was working from memory so it's good to be corrected with good info. 

I've got a set of those liners that match the leather Road King bags and three and a half other sets.  Will have to sort them out and see which ones go where.

Rimjam

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 04:50:17 PM »

OK, now I'm confused (which is pretty easy to do).  The saddlebag liners that were original equip on my SERG have the bar & shield logo sewn on the side of the bag like the photo from the P & A catalogue (link above), not on the back end like the one I have (photo above)?

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 04:56:09 PM »

OK, now I'm confused (which is pretty easy to do).  The saddlebag liners that were original equip on my SERG have the bar & shield logo sewn on the side of the bag like the photo from the P & A catalogue (link above), not on the back end like the one I have (photo above)?

That makes two of us.  I thought you were posting a photo of the one liner you had? :confused5:

My recollection was that the earlier ones had the B&S on the back of the bag, like your photo (wherever it came from :nixweiss:).  At least, when I bought a set in '02 for my EG Classic, that was the case.  Nevertheless, if you have a known original '00 SERG liner and it has the B&S on the side, no need to scour swap meets.  Just get a new set from H-D since that's the way they're sellin' 'em today. :2vrolijk_21:

Rimjam

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 05:08:55 PM »

The one bag I have with the B&S on the rear (photo above) is supposed to be original according to the previous owner. 

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 05:23:54 PM »

I'm more confused than ever, now! ??? :huepfenlol2: :drink:

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 08:00:36 PM »

I have the origional bag liners and they are like the one in your first post RimJam  :)  They have the B & S on a leather patch on the end of the bag. :2vrolijk_21:  :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Rimjam

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 08:39:29 PM »

To clarify:  The one saddlebag liner I have is the one in the picture of my original post (above) with the B&S logo sewn onto the back.  Rereading some replies I see that I caused the confusion due to poor wording, sorry guys.  Thanks Marty for your input.

Now, does anyone have one saddlebag with B&S on the rear they would sell?

jayray00SERG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 09:31:02 PM »

I thought mine were stock. Bar and shield on the back printed in white...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 10:41:08 PM »

I thought mine were stock. Bar and shield on the back printed in white...

Both kinds have existed for a long time Jay.  It's not beyond the MoCo to have supplied whichever happened to have been the "just in time" supply as the model year proceeded. 

I've got 3.5 sets of liners here.  Plus the smaller ones for a set of leather saddlebags from an old Road King Classic.  Those are the only one I can verify belong to which bike.  I would be confused....  If I thought it was important enough to worry about :huepfenlol2: .

You got liners?  If so; don't worry be happy....

(da, da da da da, da da da da.......)

roadtrip402003

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2 (Black)
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 01:15:13 AM »

Just to throw this out there, I have an 01 and the Bar and Shield is like your first picture (leather oval on the back). The part # from the parts catalog for the 01 model is   91841-93A  LINER(2)                     If I remember correctly about twice as much as standard bag liners.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 10:10:14 AM »

If I remember correctly about twice as much as standard bag liners.

Just checked Lake Shore Harley online.  Price there $34.80.  So not frighteningly expensive.  Since it's an A revision have to wonder if the supplied part is still an identical rather than just a functional replacement to the original?

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.