Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How ard to remove outer and Inner fairing for painting?  (Read 1380 times)

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
How ard to remove outer and Inner fairing for painting?
« on: November 06, 2011, 05:41:06 PM »

I would like to remove them and get them repainted... the inner orange to make it mine :D

Its a winter project
To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

B.A.

• Full CVO Member
Re: How ard to remove outer and Inner fairing for painting?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 05:50:10 PM »

It's a little tedious.  Hope you have a manual.  My son (used to work in a body shop) painted mine (2001 SERG black).

I think the hardest part is getting all the wiring harnesses back in the channel.  Man, you have to put a lot (seems like too much) pressure on wiring near connectors.  Stressed my out.... all the cramming the crap in there!  Geeeez.  My advice for a lot of "Harley" tasks is to break 'em down to the individual instructions in the manual.  Taken that way, none of them are very difficult.  Again, just tedious!

You will not be sorry.  I don't know whey (well, of course I DO know why) they couldn't come painted originally.  My flat black just disappeared.  Really looked like crap immediately before I tore it down.

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.