Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: Gerbing eXtreme Element (XE) Jacket and Pants review  (Read 48306 times)

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
Re: Gerbing eXtreme Element (XE) Jacket and Pants review
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2012, 06:45:42 PM »

Works great!!!  Thanks
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

Gerbing Wireless Controller?
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2012, 09:11:12 AM »

I just spoke with Gerbing this AM and the lady I spoke with in customer service didn't know anything about a wireless controller being released in Sept.  Does anyone have any info. on this?  If not, I'm going to get a Powerlet wireless controller for this fall.    http://www.powerlet.com/product/dual-wireless-temperature-controller/471

Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: Gerbing Wireless Controller?
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2012, 09:21:42 AM »

Own the powerlet wireless controller. Works great with Gerbing gear.

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2012, 09:55:06 AM »

Own the powerlet wireless controller. Works great with Gerbing gear.
Thanks, just purchased one
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2012, 05:49:04 PM »

I talked with Jeff Gerbing (owner), face to face at the International Motorcycle Show last fall.  He told me that he was coming out with a four channel wireless controller and expected it to be out about Sept. but like any new product, it could be set back in production.

You might want to call Gerbing back and ask to speak to Jeff.....ask him directly what the status is on his 4 channel wireless controller. :nixweiss:

I did ask him if it was confidential or if I could share that info publically.  He said it wasn't confidential although none of his sales network knew about it yet.....that many of his employees didn't even know yet.  So.... :nervous:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 05:59:13 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2012, 08:59:58 PM »

I talked with Jeff Gerbing (owner), face to face at the International Motorcycle Show last fall.  He told me that he was coming out with a four channel wireless controller and expected it to be out about Sept. but like any new product, it could be set back in production.

You might want to call Gerbing back and ask to speak to Jeff.....ask him directly what the status is on his 4 channel wireless controller. :nixweiss:

I did ask him if it was confidential or if I could share that info publically.  He said it wasn't confidential although none of his sales network knew about it yet.....that many of his employees didn't even know yet.  So.... :nervous:

Sweet!

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2012, 10:05:13 PM »

I'm going to order the Gerbing system before it gets too much colder.  I'm hoping I get the right size ordered the first time.  I'm getting the Extreme XL Jacket and Pants, the C3 gloves and the Foot Liners.  For those of you that have them, how did the items fit according to the size and measurements that you turned in on your initial order?  Does the parka run big, small or fits just right?  Same way with the other items, big, small or just right?

From reading the threads on here, I believe that I will order the Powerlit wireless controller.

Thanks,

Ryan
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2012, 10:14:41 AM »

When will the wireless be available?
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2012, 07:42:43 PM »

Just went for 600 mile leaf peeping ride thru WI MN And IA. 35 degrees in the AM but with Gerbings Extreme XE pants It was like being in a warm bed the whole trip. Plus they are very comfortable   Well worth the money Could of sold for double with the other guys rideing with us.    Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2012, 08:18:20 PM »

We wore ours in temps at 16F and we were warm....actually had to turn it down a bit (scroll to the third photo down... http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=72870.msg1004232#msg1004232 ) and we've stayed totally dry even in down pouring rain and snow. :2vrolijk_21:

It's going to be cold...real cold out there soon. :nervous:   There's a set of Gerbing eXtreme Element XE pants, jacket and dual controller for sale right now.  It was my wife's however there isn't a male and female set...it's all the same if it fits you....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=77726.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

dave726

• CVO1: '13 FLHRSE5 Anniv #61/900
    • CVO2: '05 FLHRCI 95ci, 92hp, 102'#
    • CVO3: '00 FLHRCUI 95ci
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2012, 01:24:23 AM »

This year I rode from Key West to Seattle. I had to pack for 100° and 30°, rain and shine. Can I use the Gerbing XE Jacket and Pants when it's 90° and raining?
No regrets, no maybe’s, live for today.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2012, 10:35:06 AM »

This year I rode from Key West to Seattle. I had to pack for 100° and 30°, rain and shine. Can I use the Gerbing XE Jacket and Pants when it's 90° and raining?

The pants legs have a velcro cuff that keeps them tight around the ankle while you can unzip the legs.  I often unzipped the legs of mine up to my knees when it would get warm out. 

However, I don't think I ever wore them at 90F I do think I wore them at 80F.....maybe even 85.  I just wore a t-shirt and boxers or pajama bottoms under them so when you loosen the cuffs and unzip the legs you cool down pretty well.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2016, 11:37:38 AM »

The Gerbing eXtreme Element XE heated gear is still one of the best purchases I've made since the 70s.

There's been a lot of rumors about the company and I'm certainly not going to say which are true and which are just rumors however, I did find this post on another forum.  I am reposting it here in hopes that it clears up some of the confusion for members of this forum.  This post is from April 1, 2015....

Hello! I wanted to jump on this thread as there seems to be a little confusion on who Gerbing LLC is as a company. As some of you might know, my name is Michael Tex Mawby, and I am the President of Gerbing Motorsports (a division of Gerbing LLC).

Gerbing's Heated Clothing Inc (GHCI)....as started by Gordon Gerbing in 1976 went bankrupt in 2012 under the stewardship of Jeff Gerbing (Former CEO), who is one of Gordon's sons. The people I worked for purchased certain assets of GHCI during the bankruptcy proceedings. Why were we interested in the Gerbing brand? Well part of our ownership is McCarthy Capital. McCarthy owns Cabela's.....and GHCI had been private labeling manufacturing all of Cabela's heated gear for sometime. So when the folks at Cabela's were notified that GHCI had filed for bankruptcy protection, they knew that all the heated products they expected to be delivered to their stores that Fall were never going to be delivered....so they made a play for certain assets of GHCI.

Gerbing LLC did move all operations to North Carolina. It only made sense since Jeff Gerbing leased an 80,000 sqft Manufacturing Plant there in 2011 while he still owned the company. However, after the bankruptcy, it didn't make sense to us to have a plant on the East Coast and Administrative offices and a warehouse on the West Coast. We wanted everything to be under one roof, and in one state. If Jeff would have had a plant in Washington State I'm sure we would all be working from out there now instead of in North Carolina.

I also made the decision to close our retail store in Olympia, as it wasn't profitable to operate it without the Administrative offices to cover the overhead. I decided after two years of running it at a loss to shut it down. We have a number of fine retailers in the Olympia and Seattle area that stock our products if you want to still shop locally for Gerbing products. All repairs are now handled only at our Stoneville, NC plant.

Gordon's Heated Clothing is a company started by Jeff's other siblings. Some of them told me personally at Americade 2014 it was because they felt like they didn't get what was rightfully theirs (inheritance) from Jeff. What is confusing to me is why I have read in a post here and also on the Gordon's Heated website that Gordon almost lost his company due to health reasons. That simply isn't true. Gordon sold his company to his son Jeff....and years later, Jeff bankrupted the company and had to close the doors for good.

So the former company, GHCI offered a lifetime warranty on their heated pads. We also offer that same warranty not only on our products, but also on the products that Jeff and Gordon sold some of you many years ago before we purchased certain assets from GHCI. Anything that isn't a Microwire pad and that is out of warranty, we still fix it for our cost, meaning the cost of the component we are replacing plus the labor. Shipping has always been and still is the responsibility of the consumer.

I hope this helps to clear up any confusion and dispel the inaccurate rumors that are on the internet forums.

I am available to any of you here via email. I can be reached at: michael.mawby@gerbing.com

We have a vibrant redesigned brand filled powered by the best heating technology on the market. There are a slew of new products we have in store for you all....launching August 2015. I am excited for you all to see them as we here at Gerbing have been working very hard and are very proud of our accomplishments.

Wishing you all a safe and happy riding season.

Rubber side down!

Cheers,

Michael Tex Mawby
 President, Gerbing Motorsports
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 11:40:42 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2016, 08:12:54 PM »

JC,
It's great to see the products we've purchased are going to be supported. Thanks!

"Those who surrender Freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve either" Benjamin Franklin
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2016, 02:21:04 PM »

"So the former company, GHCI offered a lifetime warranty on their heated pads. We also offer that same warranty not only on our products, but also on the products that Jeff and Gordon sold some of you many years ago before we purchased certain assets from GHCI. Anything that isn't a Microwire pad and that is out of warranty, we still fix it for our cost, meaning the cost of the component we are replacing plus the labor. Shipping has always been and still is the responsibility of the consumer."
Unfortunately that's a misnomer.  Components, tears, etc were always repaired at no charge before, no matter the age, and the new owners are now charging for parts and labor for the older non microwire units.  Which is probably fair, just not the same lifetime warranty as Mawbe states above
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.997 seconds with 22 queries.