Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: Gerbing eXtreme Element (XE) Jacket and Pants review  (Read 48303 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: Gerbing eXtreme Element (XE) Jacket and Pants review
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2012, 09:13:05 AM »

The people behind the booth were two busy moving his one glove at a time around to make sure no one walked away with 1 glove of a pair........

Never got to ask if the socks I saw were a new model, different then what I already have.

The boot soles were no where to be seen. The booth looked to be half the physical size as prior years, so the storm issue may not have come into play.

As for the insoles, anyone looking for them I highly recommend you try them in your boots. The set I got several years ago are the right "size" for me, but don't fit in my boots.

I ordered them at the show, got them after it was cold, tried to exchange them at the next bike show - no deal.

iPhone using Tapatalk
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2012, 10:58:03 AM »

Had my buddy at the show check on the socks I saw the other day.

New design, $90, not available until the fall.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2012, 11:08:24 AM »

The people behind the booth were two busy moving his one glove at a time around to make sure no one walked away with 1 glove of a pair........

Never got to ask if the socks I saw were a new model, different then what I already have.

The boot soles were no where to be seen. The booth looked to be half the physical size as prior years, so the storm issue may not have come into play.

As for the insoles, anyone looking for them I highly recommend you try them in your boots. The set I got several years ago are the right "size" for me, but don't fit in my boots.

I ordered them at the show, got them after it was cold, tried to exchange them at the next bike show - no deal.

iPhone using Tapatalk

According to Jeff Gerbing when I talked to him at the show in San Mateo, that attitude and policy went out the door with his ex-wife.  If it has his name on it, it has a life time warranty. 

Another member on this forum had bought the wrong size at a local retailer......took it with him to the show in San Mateo and they traded it for him on the spot. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »

We got our Gerbing Heated Insoles on Thurs.  Pulled the original insoles out of our Original Swat boots and put the heated insoles in.  I wear a size 12 Orignal Swat boot and I ordered the men's XXL heated insole (what their web site reflects for a size 12 boot).  No cutting necessary and they fit perfectly......and, to my surprise, very comfortable.  I run the wire along the boot zipper, between the leather flap inside the zipper and the zipper itself.

Terrie wears a women's size 8 boot and so I ordered the size reflected on their web site for a women's 8-10 (I believe it was a Med).  The heated insole has two lines at the top of the toe that the insole can be trimmed down to.  I trimmed hers down to the second line and they fit just fine.

While I wore mine all weekend, I did not plug my Gerbing gear in this weekend.  However, Terrie did (she's cold when it's 80F!).  She reports that they worked great and comparable to the rest of the Gerbing gear.  She is just a bit flat footed so the built in arch was an adjustment for her at first but by the time we got to the bay area, she said it was fine and no longer an issue for her and that she actually liked the added arch support. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2012, 05:45:15 PM »

JC just wanted to let you know I did order some product but got it from Revzilla. Price seemed good and they had in stock. Pretty good exchange policy if you need it as well. Im not sure what I'm going to do. First I measured as the video explained and ordered the  XL tall. They were just to snug in the thights and butt. Down to my underwear just to get them on. So I sent them back and ordered the 2XL tall. They fit better but the waist is big. I can wear these over my jeans but I feel like I need something to hold them up, they are heavy. Not sure what I'm going to do. The XL's felt short waisted with nothing but underwear on. Hard to get my leg over the bike. The 2 xl's elimanated the crotch thing but they are falling off in the waist. Maybe I just need to wait until I loose some more weight.

BigLew

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2012, 05:52:22 PM »

JC just wanted to let you know I did order some product but got it from Revzilla. Price seemed good and they had in stock. Pretty good exchange policy if you need it as well. Im not sure what I'm going to do. First I measured as the video explained and ordered the  XL tall. They were just to snug in the thights and butt. Down to my underwear just to get them on. So I sent them back and ordered the 2XL tall. They fit better but the waist is big. I can wear these over my jeans but I feel like I need something to hold them up, they are heavy. Not sure what I'm going to do. The XL's felt short waisted with nothing but underwear on. Hard to get my leg over the bike. The 2 xl's elimanated the crotch thing but they are falling off in the waist. Maybe I just need to wait until I loose some more weight.

BigLew

I wear the XL tall.....plenty of room in the legs, thighs and butt but for me the waist is a tad big.  I have the velcro sizers on either side cinched all the way back.  It seems the waist band itself is tight and everything else is a tad bit on the big side. 

Of course there's a big difference between you and I in size.....at 6'4" I'm 220 lbs.  Not sure what to suggest......a treadmill. :nixweiss:      :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2012, 09:23:35 PM »

Hey JCZ.  Where did you mount the BMW permanent recepticle?  Is it the recepticle Gerbing shows on their website?   Also, i do have the Gerbing pants liner but it's a real pain putting on long johns, jeans, Gerbing liner and chaps.  Thinking about getting the XE pants but how well do they work since the aren't  close and snug to your skin like Gerbing recommends?
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2012, 09:36:15 PM »

Hey JCZ.  Where did you mount the BMW permanent recepticle?  Is it the recepticle Gerbing shows on their website?   Also, i do have the Gerbing pants liner but it's a real pain putting on long johns, jeans, Gerbing liner and chaps.  Thinking about getting the XE pants but how well do they work since the aren't  close and snug to your skin like Gerbing recommends?

I had the pants liners.  They were to much of a hassel.....and they wouldn't fit under my levis.  I like to keep it simple.  The Gerbing pants have worked well down to 24F. :2vrolijk_21:

Jim made a bracket out of a piece of angle iron and powder coated it.  It's mounted under the seat frame on the left side.  You can see it in the picture below.  I had two recepticles put in it......one for me and one for my passenger.  I got the recepticles at the BMW dealership and they're a stock item on some models of BMW.  However, since then, I've saw them on the net.  I think you can find everything you need here.....    http://www.powerlet.com/shop-by-product/power-distribution/PWRDIST

West Coast GTG   

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2012, 07:56:26 AM »

JC is that a different shifter lever or stock (toe lever)? I just noticed the up kick in it and don't remember seeing that before?    FACE
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2012, 08:08:29 AM »

JC is that a different shifter lever or stock (toe lever)? I just noticed the up kick in it and don't remember seeing that before?    FACE

They're E-Z Brake shift levers.  Needed room to be able to move my size 12s around in there. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2012, 09:21:30 PM »

If JCZ is getting commission I want a cut  ;D.  Just ordered my XE Pants today.
Has anyone ever tried mounting the permanent adapter to the stock left side heat shield??  Seams firm enough to work.
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2012, 10:36:10 PM »

They're E-Z Brake shift levers.  Needed room to be able to move my size 12s around in there. :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks JC!

Face
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2012, 10:38:30 PM »

If JCZ is getting commission I want a cut  ;D.  Just ordered my XE Pants today.
Has anyone ever tried mounting the permanent adapter to the stock left side heat shield??  Seams firm enough to work.

Fabbed a bracket similar to the one jc has but for one outlet. I used a old craftsmen leaf vacumm hose braket that was broke and living on my work bench. I recycled the metal!  Pics soon!!!
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

Deep Blue Dives

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "Cali" - 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2012, 11:19:02 PM »

I have had Gerging Liner, gloves and socks for a while.  Love them!!!!  I like the liner vs. jacket, as I can wear it under everything that I already own.  If you live in the N.Dallas area - ask for Bob at Maxxim in Allen - he won't discount in discussions - but takes care of you at check out!
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" ~Pink Floyd
"Counting all the assholes in the room...I'm definitely not alone" ~Volbeat

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2012, 12:27:25 AM »

If JCZ is getting commission I want a cut  ;D.  Just ordered my XE Pants today.
Has anyone ever tried mounting the permanent adapter to the stock left side heat shield??  Seams firm enough to work.
[/   quote]

I dont have a picture handy but that is wher Jim hd-dude mounted my bmw plug. Towards the top of heat shield.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:54:39 AM by JCZ »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.