Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Gerbing eXtreme Element (XE) Jacket and Pants review  (Read 48307 times)

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
Re: Gerbing eXtreme Element (XE) Jacket and Pants review
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2012, 07:54:24 AM »

If JCZ is getting commission I want a cut  ;D.  Just ordered my XE Pants today.
Has anyone ever tried mounting the permanent adapter to the stock left side heat shield??  Seams firm enough to work.
[/   quote] I dont have a picture handy but that is wher Jim hd-dude mounted my bmw plug. Towards the top of heat shield.

Send pics. when you can.  I'm going to give it a try myself.
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2012, 08:56:00 AM »

If JCZ is getting commission I want a cut  ;D.  Just ordered my XE Pants today.
Has anyone ever tried mounting the permanent adapter to the stock left side heat shield??  Seams firm enough to work.
[/   quote]

I dont have a picture handy but that is wher Jim hd-dude mounted my bmw plug. Towards the top of heat shield.

Terrie's heat shield cracked without anything hanging off of it.......what are you going to do with all that stuff when that heat shield breaks, going down the road? :nixweiss:  Get a permanent mount.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:58:03 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2012, 07:58:57 PM »

First ride with my XE pants and T5 gloves today! I rode about 50 miles. It was 47 degrees in the city I'm sure colder when I got down along the Ohio river. OK Pants are FREAKING TOASTY! Man they really get warm. figured I can heat some lunch or something while I ride! The gloves were warm but never got as warm as I thought they should. I will have to play a little more. I do have 14" bars and hands are in the wind. Now the pants have a zipper back pocket I tried to put my chain drive wallet in. Its tall and sticks out so that can't be zipped. got a couple miles from home and felt something tug at my side and looked down to see my wallet swinging in th wind! good thing its chained on! I grabbed it and sat on it till I could stop. I think it will be fine and maybe more comfortable in the right front large pocket. I have the dual temp. controller. I was supprised the pants don't have a special place for it. I can open the front pocket flap and clip it there but in rain my pocket contents may get wet? I stopped and did not turn them off. When I restarted they did not heat and I had a red light on the controller. I turned them both off and back on and bam legs cooking right away. Gloves warmed but not like the pants. So that my first experience. Pants are awesome. jury still out on the gloves. Still waiting on my backordered jacket lining! I email Gerbing several days ago and have not received and answer. I guess I will call them next week!

I have a set of Tourmaster gloves and they heat up good. They have a 3 button temp control on the right glove lo, med and hi That I really liked and is glove friendly.  I have ran in some low 40's upper 30's and never needed them above med. They are quite toasty. I bought the Gerbing T5 gloves because they say their stuff may not be compatible with other gear and plugs. I think the plugs are the same. My tourmaster gloves are large and a little tight so I got xlarge gerbings. They fit well and I thought my bsr could use my old gloves.
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2012, 11:02:59 PM »

Ours is going to get a real test where we're headed this weeked.....Wawona (in Yosemite National Park) has a low forecast of 18F and one web site says that with the wind chill factor it'll feel like it's -2F. :o

We also got the Gerbing heated insole for our boots also.  I'm thinking we should be pretty comfortable. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2012, 12:34:08 PM »

Low and behold my jacket liner showed up this morning! Gerbings ears must of been ringing. I was suprised because i never recieved any notice of shipment or tracking info. But who cares its here!!!! I am oncall but hope to get out for a ride. They say it will be in the 50's so probably won't need heated gear just some under armor and leather. Pretty bad when you wish it was colder so you can ride in your heated gear!

Jc have fun beware of ice in temps. that low and have a safe ride!!!!!

FACE
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

cwright2

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2012, 07:40:40 PM »

I have the gerbing XE Clothing And I love thim.  :orange: I road for 2 hours at 15 degrees and the only thing that got cold was my feet. I am going to buy me some liners 4 my boots.
But you do need to try them on before you buy. The sizes do not match They're charts. I am 5' 11" 210lb I wear 35x34 Pants but I had to buy L-S Pants and XL-R Jacket.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2012, 04:24:04 PM »

Are the jacket and/or pants waterproof?

gezzerglide

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2012, 09:51:41 PM »

i have a jacket liner and gloves - work perfect - but my feet freeze, legs are find at 27 and above but frozen feet i cant do anymore [10 years ago i could put up with the cold feet] anyway are the soles the way to go or socks?

my little car blew its engine to kingdom come [water pump blew taking out the belt taking out the valves and pistons] so im probably going to ride 90% more this year than last, waiting for tabs to come in the mail and then figure out how to keep my feet warm.

thanks

to

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2012, 10:48:10 PM »

Are the jacket and/or pants waterproof?

gezzerglide

I don't think it's waterproof at 25' but haven't got wet riding in the rain. ;)   See my review in the first post of this thread. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2012, 10:52:26 PM »

i have a jacket liner and gloves - work perfect - but my feet freeze, legs are find at 27 and above but frozen feet i cant do anymore [10 years ago i could put up with the cold feet] anyway are the soles the way to go or socks?
my little car blew its engine to kingdom come [water pump blew taking out the belt taking out the valves and pistons] so im probably going to ride 90% more this year than last, waiting for tabs to come in the mail and then figure out how to keep my feet warm.

thanks

to

We already had the Sokz......  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=69591.0

However, we weren't taking any chances.....we bought the Gerbing heated insoles also.  Riding last weekend at about 30F our feet didn't even get a little bit cold.  We were totally comfortable! :2vrolijk_21:  Money well spent. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

Deep Blue Dives

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "Cali" - 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2012, 09:05:31 AM »

anyway are the soles the way to go or socks?

I think it depends on your personal preference.  I have friends with the insoles, and plenty on the board here have them and like them.  I tried on both the socks, and insoles into the boots that I normally ride with.  I didn't have much additional room in my insole area, and the inserts didn't feel as comforatble to me. 

I went with the gerbing socks.  I wear them over a light pair of long tube socks, so I don't have to worry about washing them day to day on a longer ride. 

If you have a dealer in your area, it's worth spending some time and trying both.  They should have the demo plug ins, so you can actually feel how they heat differently.  Both are going to keep your feet plenty toasty - it's whatever your more comfortable with.
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" ~Pink Floyd
"Counting all the assholes in the room...I'm definitely not alone" ~Volbeat

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2012, 09:19:16 AM »

I think it depends on your personal preference.  I have friends with the insoles, and plenty on the board here have them and like them.  I tried on both the socks, and insoles into the boots that I normally ride with.  I didn't have much additional room in my insole area, and the inserts didn't feel as comforatble to me. 

I went with the gerbing socks.  I wear them over a light pair of long tube socks, so I don't have to worry about washing them day to day on a longer ride. 

If you have a dealer in your area, it's worth spending some time and trying both.  They should have the demo plug ins, so you can actually feel how they heat differently.  Both are going to keep your feet plenty toasty - it's whatever your more comfortable with.

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  You're supposed to remove your original insole first.  With micro wire, if you have room for thick socks, you have room for the insoles.  The up side of the insoles is that you don't have to hand wash them each night in the hotel room sink like you do with the Gerbing heated socks.  By the way, I don't believe they make the Gerbing socks anymore.......they went out with twice pipes and fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror. ;D

West Coast GTG   

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2012, 09:55:12 AM »

Had a birthday last week and Deedee gave me a new set of Gerbing Heated gloves to go with the vest.  It's not a complete suit, but should do the trick for those cool rides in the Sierras. 

I've actually found the heated grips somewhat limited, not being able to adequately penetrate the thick insulation of a winter glove.  They do work well with a thinner glove, for those times where one might get caught in a sudden temp change.  But otherwise, I'll use the Gerbings when the temps drop below 45 degrees. 

I will try the insoles next... :2vrolijk_21:
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Deep Blue Dives

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "Cali" - 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2012, 10:55:08 AM »

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  You're supposed to remove your original insole first. 
By the way, I don't believe they make the Gerbing socks anymore.......they went out with twice pipes and fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror. ;D

I know that - they were thicker than my present insoles - didn't like them - love my fuzzy dice - and they haven't stopped making them.
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" ~Pink Floyd
"Counting all the assholes in the room...I'm definitely not alone" ~Volbeat

cwright2

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2012, 06:04:09 PM »

here's where i mounted it. Works great
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 22 queries.