Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rust in paint replacement after waranty?  (Read 1550 times)

Herrmen

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
Rust in paint replacement after waranty?
« on: October 30, 2011, 03:10:50 PM »

OK random question guys. I have a 2009 and on my second set of painted parts on my springer due to rust forming under the clear coat. Well, the headlight is rusting.....again. Does anyone have experience getting it replaced by Harley out of warranty? Trying to see if it is worth the hour and a half ride to the dealer or not. The parts are little over a year old so it is just upsetting as hell.

Sinker

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Rust in paint replacement after waranty?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 04:23:43 PM »

I have the same bike you do and the same problem.  Rusting on headlight and rear fender.  Last week I called HD Customer Service at (414) 343-4056 and formally registered my complaint.  They sent me an email that asked me to reply with pictures of the areas in question.  Just sent those back via email earlier this week.  I will let you know what happens.  If you want to stay in touch and compare notes my email is sinker43214@hotmail.com.  Good luck!

Scott

SEgle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3. Deweys Pro Street Heads, Fueling 574 Reaper cam, Smith Bros Adj Push Rods, Woods directional Night Prowler Lifters, Cometic 0.03" Head gasket, D & D Low Cat, SEST, SE Clutch Spring & AIM VPC92T Clutch kit.
    • CVO2: '76 FXE LIberty
    • CVO3: '68 GTO
Re: Rust in paint replacement after waranty?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 05:03:44 AM »

Yep i have had two successfull warranty claims for the exact problem you have.

First one was for the tank and rear fender, the next was the front fender some 12 months later. The guys at Salem Harley were terrific, it was not a difficult claim at all.

I have posted about this on another thread, there is more info there if you search for it.

You have got to get it fixed, dont take no for an answer.  Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.