Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: 16G shotgun mufflers for 06 SEVROD  (Read 14778 times)

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
16G shotgun mufflers for 06 SEVROD
« on: June 29, 2006, 12:11:43 AM »

Im new to this site however I am learning tons here.  I own a 05 se electra glide and my wife just bought a 06 se v-rod.  We love our bikes.  My question is this.  My wife is not interested in more power she just wants to make more noise.  I bought a set so 16G SE mufflers on e-bay for her v-rod.  My local harley dealer is telling me I need to put a race tuner in the bike for these mufflers.  Does anyone know if Harley offers a download for remaping the SE Vrod for these mufflers.  I am also wondering if remaping is even needed - the bike is already maped for the high flow air filter cams and engine - do the 16G mufflers really make that much difference.  Thank you so much for your help

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: 16G shotgun mufflers for 06 SEVROD
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 02:25:38 PM »

Welcome to the site!

To answer your question you will need to do some mapping to the bike. Either with the RT or the PCIII. The Power commander website does list a map for your application. Good luck and lets see some bike of the bikes [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=worthless.gif]

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 05:51:55 PM »

Im new to this site however I am learning tons here.  I own a 05 se electra glide and my wife just bought a 06 se v-rod.  We love our bikes.  My question is this.  My wife is not interested in more power she just wants to make more noise.  I bought a set so 16G SE mufflers on e-bay for her v-rod.  My local harley dealer is telling me I need to put a race tuner in the bike for these mufflers.  Does anyone know if Harley offers a download for remaping the SE Vrod for these mufflers.  I am also wondering if remaping is even needed - the bike is already maped for the high flow air filter cams and engine - do the 16G mufflers really make that much difference.  Thank you so much for your help

Welcome...

I have an 06 SE V-Rod w/16GA on it...H-D produced a download for these bikes and this would prevent you from having to invest into a race tuner or power commander.  If you plan upon doing any additional motor work to the bike, then you would need to invest into additional management of the motor.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 08:35:32 PM »

Thanks for the info.  This site is fantastic.  Just as soon as I learn how to post pics of the bikes I will.  Once again Thanks

Look like you just did...

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 10:05:38 PM »

Thank you all for the info.  Here is a pic of my wifes bike

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 10:06:18 PM »

and here is a pic of mine

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 10:08:27 PM »

Nice bikes...

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 11:14:19 PM »

And yet even another two CVO bike family.  We are getting to have quite a few lately.  Nice bikes.   :)

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 11:50:55 PM »

I have an 05 SE Vrod with a Thunderheader.  I'd go with the Power Commander and the Quick Shifter.  NOW THAT IS A RUSH!!!!  [smiley=jalapeno.gif]  She might not be looking for more power, but when she learns she can blast-off without a moment's hesitation, she'll be  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]!!  I had a custom map done by John Golden in Myrtle Beach.

(Dang it Naitram!  Still need an ORANGE dancing vegetable!  A dancing carrot will do!)

Happy V-riding!
 8-)
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 01:30:14 PM »

Yea but if I beef up her bike too much she will just leave me in the dust and I will be left behind carying all the lugage.  Not the best thing for a male ego.  LOL!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 02:31:13 AM by garyteresa »

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 11:34:56 PM »

Vgirl
       IMO John Golden is the best tuner in the country.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]So what are your numbers now ?
BB

I can't remember exactly.  Will have to go back and find dc's post right after MB or dig up the dyno sheet.  Something like 120/100.  All I know is it goes from 0 to 130 in like right now!  I'm going to see if I can talk Hubbard into talking the crew at Tilley's into teaching me how to drag race it while their Destroyer team is practicing on the track!!!

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 12:00:30 AM »

Yea but if I beef up her bike too much she will just leave me in the dust and I will be left behind carying all the lugage.  Not the best thing for a male ego.  LOL!

Don't worry, you'll catch up every time she has to stop for gas!  That is the only thing that sucks about the V!

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 06:58:00 AM »

I can't remember exactly.  Will have to go back and find dc's post right after MB or dig up the dyno sheet.  Something like 120/100.  All I know is it goes from 0 to 130 in like right now!  I'm going to see if I can talk Hubbard into talking the crew at Tilley's into teaching me how to drag race it while their Destroyer team is practicing on the track!!!

Actually the numbers were hp 120 and tq was 88. Very nice curve and very good numbers for a stock SEVROD with air cleaner, thunder header and a power commander.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 08:43:40 AM »

Actually the numbers were hp 120 and tq was 88. Very nice curve and very good numbers for a stock SEVROD with air cleaner, thunder header and a power commander.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Wow, I would have thought they would be better based upon the '06 "Stock" numbers posted by H-D.  According to the marketing material for that model...120hp/86.0lbs @7000rpm...no mods.

Oh well.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2006, 11:43:45 AM »

Wow, I would have thought they would be better based upon the '06 "Stock" numbers posted by H-D.  According to the marketing material for that model...120hp/86.0lbs @7000rpm...no mods.

Oh well.
H-D like most manufacturers uses the hp/tq numbers at the crank to make the numbers appear higher. When you get dyno hp/tq numbers they are at the rear wheel, which will be slightly lower. However these numbers are the ones that count.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 01:00:43 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 12:56:03 PM »

Oh well.

My V was dyno'd with less than 500 miles on her.  I went and dug out the sheets so I could see before/after graphs.  The stock run was 117/84.  I remember thinking there wasn't that much of a difference.  And those numbers are at 8,000 rpms not 7,000 rpms so I can see where Fired00d is right about the difference at crank and rear wheel.  I'm not a mechanic, but do understand computer programs.  I somewhat thought it was going to be a waste of money when Dawg told me that I needed to get it done, but John's wife explained the process to me and then it made sense - maybe not mechanically but logically.  

The thing that I noticed the most was less of a dip in power at 3500 rpms.  He said that is common with a Thunderheader even though the manfacturer says it's not there, but by doing the custom map, he was able to smooth that out some.  Another was the Air/Fuel ratios and the fuel intake at each throttle position.  For instance, on the V, there was NO fuel intake at position 1 through 3 and very little between 3 and 10.  That really doesn't make a difference to you or anyone used to a juice clutch, but I went from a 99 Sportster where I had a big friction zone to a hydraulic clutch on the V that I found difficult to start uphill from a complete stop.  When I talked to Bill Morris about it at Earl Small HD (a former Zipper employee), he told me that was why I kept dumping it.  After the dyno, I didn't have to gun it some much on uphill starts.  Maybe that's my imagination, but until then I had to restart a few times (and that is not easy while trying to follow the Dawg who seemed to forget I was new to the bike).

As I said, I'm not a mechanic, but have habitually paid close attention to the feel and sound of every vehicle I have owned.  I cannot tell you how many times I have got out to find the source of something that sounds different.  I can tell when my fuel injectors need cleaned, when my brakes needs serviced, oil needs changed, or I have a rock or nail stuck in my tire (or that my son decided to "powerslide" in my car), etc from the change in sound, feel, and smell.  I think that come from growing up dirt poor and knowing that if something goes wrong, I'd be SOL and was taught "a stitch in time can save nine."  After my ride home from MB, I could tell you at exactly what speed/rpm I felt the dip or when something changed.  I freaked out on my ride with JC and Chip because I could smell antifreeze and thought I was about to blow the bike!

Some guys on the Vrod forum told me that I should have it dyno'd at 3500 miles or so to get a true reading.  I was also told that if it dyno'd with those numbers at low miles that it would only "get stronger" with time.  Not sure what that means or how it works until I have it done and ask my usual 10,000 questions!

Gary, I'd like to hear a recording of it before and after the change in pipes.  I actually like the look of the stock pipes better, but I like the sound of the Thunderheader.  It makes it sound less like a Jap bike!  John Golden said he would not have put a Thunderheader on it.  I was trying to remember what he recommended, but can't.  Will have to think about that one.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 10:41:22 PM »

Explain quick shifter please. Not sure what you mean ?

Thanks
         BB

Go to the power commander web site and it will tell you all about the quick shifter. That is why it was installed on this bike.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 10:46:52 PM »

H-D like most manufacturers uses the hp/tq numbers at the crank to make the numbers appear higher. When you get dyno hp/tq numbers they are at the rear wheel, which will be slightly lower. However these numbers are the ones that count.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

DOOD you are correct. All of HD's numbers are at the crank. Take you crank numbers and subtract 20% and you will be in the neighborhood. Remember the numbers when John first dynoed the Vrod were with the mods and a generic map. It was close but not RIGHT ON TIME!!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 12:56:44 AM »

I was hoping for the quick shifter for dummies version (me being the dummy) from the lady with the product installed on her motorcycle. But thanks for answering for her.  8-)

Well since I did all of the work on that bike, I would be more qualified to anwser the question. The Dummies version is on the web site.It is a trick setup. Just ask the people she flys by on the highway.

Be Safe

The Dawg
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 12:59:45 AM »

DOOD you are correct. All of HD's numbers are at the crank. Take you crank numbers and [highlight]subtract 20%[/highlight] and you will be in the neighborhood.

Everything I've ever read or heard is that rear wheel dyno numbers will vary from crank outputs by 10 % to 20% depending on how the power is transferred to the rear wheel. Automotive drivetrains lose on average 20% with most motorcycle drive trains being in the 10% range. Harley-Davidson advertises the CVO 103 at 100 ft lbs of Torque. Off the showroom floor these bikes do indeed produce right around 90 ft lbs.

To tell you the truth I am not sure what they do stock. I do know what they will do when you play with them. The Vrod destroyer is rated at 165HP by Harley and out of the box they click right around 145 before tune up. So it is anyones guess.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 07:25:03 PM »

Welcome...

I have an 06 SE V-Rod w/16GA on it...H-D produced a download for these bikes and this would prevent you from having to invest into a race tuner or power commander.  If you plan upon doing any additional motor work to the bike, then you would need to invest into additional management of the motor.

I stand corrected...As I now understand it, the download was produced for the 1150 engine, not the 1250.  Hence the possible need for a race tuner or power commander.

As for me, I have been pleased without it, however now question my position on the long-term.

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 09:48:36 PM »

Gary & Theresa - What did you decide to do on her Vrod?  Or made the decision yet?

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 10:41:19 PM »

[highlight]I'm sure one can pass a lot of people in 650 miles. [/highlight]I read what's posted on the website. Doesn't tell me squat as to a firsthand users account. What I am interested in is - - - how does it work ? I'm not interested in how to install it I would greatly appreciate a hands on been there done that on how it works, what do you do to shift etc etc , you know kind of a - - you are there narrative on shifting a bike with one of these on it.

Thanks

It took me a while to figure this one out. Spiderman please tell me you didn't check the mileage between her house and mine!!!!!

If so WHY??????

I guess there goes the history lesson for the shift rod!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 10:44:26 PM by DCFIREMANN »
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006, 10:47:47 PM »

She purchased the 16G shotgun mufflers.  I installed them on the bike tues.  After speaking with the service mgr at my local harley dealer I found out the Harley does in fact have a download for the SEVROD with this muffler.  She has decided to have the download done for now (she is having it done FRI).  We can always go with a race tuner at a later date if she decides she want a greater performance gain.  On the topic of race tuners I have a question for ya'll.  My father has a race tuner on his fatboy.  We are very lucky to live in an area where we are only hours away from the beach and hours away from the mountains.  My father has noticed changes in performance at the different altitudes with his race tuner.  I do not have a race tuner on my 05 SEEG and I do not have any noticable performance changes at the different altitudes.  This has made me very leary of race tuners.  So I guess my question is  was my fathers race tuner set up poorly or is the performance changes to be expected with race tuners at different altitudes.  Oh by the way I thing the 16G sound great and more importantly Teresa is impressed.

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2006, 10:52:19 PM »

Oh I almost forgot we entered our bikes in a local bike show.  We cleaned up.  My bike took first place and Teresa's bike took best of show.  We are pretty proud! ;D.  

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2006, 10:53:14 PM »

Of course Teresa is gloating because her trophy is bigger than mine  8-)

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2006, 11:21:50 PM »

Can you post pics of the Vrod with the new pipes showing?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006, 11:22:22 PM »

................................................. My father has noticed changes in performance at the different altitudes with his race tuner.  I do not have a race tuner on my 05 SEEG and I do not have any noticable performance changes at the different altitudes.  This has made me very leary of race tuners.  So I guess my question is  was my fathers race tuner set up poorly or is the performance changes to be expected with race tuners at different altitudes. ...........................................................................................
The Race Tuner shouldn't have any affect on altitude compensation.  The RT only changes the map in the stock ECM, and doesn't defeat any of the stock sensors which provide the data for altitude compensation to the ECM.  Perhaps your father's bike has a defective sensor.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2006, 06:32:01 AM »

Thanks Jerry I'll look into that.  V I'll take some new pics this weekend and post them.

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2006, 10:19:08 PM »

V - I still havent taken any new pics of Teresa's bike however untill I take a pic of her bike take another look at "jegomez's" bike.  The one with the engine guard.  They look like the same muffler.  These mufflers have a nice sound.  My wife is pretty short and the stock pipes stick out so wide that she was on her tip toes on the right side (even after lowering it one inch).  The 16G stay closer to the side of the bike so Teresa can stand flat footed without burning her leg.  I will still get more pics of her bike so keep in touch.  WE LOVE TO SHOW OFF OUR BIKES  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif].

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2006, 04:55:06 PM »

Gary and Theresa...  welcome and you have much to be proud of with the beautiful bikes....  and, as for keeping things cool at the homestead..be glad she got the bigger trophy....  
 ;D
Ride Safe

Scot

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2006, 06:13:07 PM »

Just wanted to give yall an update.  I installed her new 16G mufflers on Tues.  After carefully looking at all of the options and listening to fantastic advice posted here on this site we decided to go with the race tuner.  This will give her room to grow with her bike.  I will post new pics soon she bought more chrome for her bike so I have to install that before I take more pics.  Thank you all for your help and keep in touch
                           Gary

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2006, 06:57:48 PM »

I will post new pics soon she bought more chrome for her bike so I have to install that before I take more pics.

Time for a new thread...more chrome on a VRSCSE2...Having one, I did replace one painted section, however I was hard pressed to find other locations.  Help a brother chrome junkie out...

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2006, 07:01:51 PM »

Time for a new thread...more chrome on a VRSCSE2...Having one, I did replace one painted section, however I was hard pressed to find other locations.  Help a brother chrome junkie out...

Had to go out and look...it was the fuel cell cover side kit.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2006, 07:02:55 PM »

By the way, how do you like the sound?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 07:03:52 PM by Jock »

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2006, 07:40:30 PM »

Sounds great ,It has it's own rumble

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2006, 07:45:39 PM »

Sounds great ,It has it's own rumble

I agree, I have them on my bike too.  Not TOO loud, but unique in their sound.

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2006, 11:10:50 PM »

I have a Thunderheader on mine, but I like the look of the duals.  I like the look of the stock pipes.  Just doesn't sound like a Harley.  I'll see if I have a pic with the Thunderheader.  It will be a pic on a camera phone so lacks quality.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 11:12:08 PM by TheVgirl »

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2006, 11:29:36 PM »

Looks cool.  I am sure you are getting more performance out of your exhaust but Teresa isn't using all of the power she has yet. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] Have a great one and ride safe V
                                                  Gary

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2006, 07:51:30 PM »

I have a Thunderheader on mine, but I like the look of the duals.  I like the look of the stock pipes.  Just doesn't sound like a Harley.  I'll see if I have a pic with the Thunderheader.  It will be a pic on a camera phone so lacks quality.

Hello V.....if you like the look of duals you can go with the Powershots from V&H. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]...Ride safe

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2006, 11:38:21 PM »

sharp looking pipes !!! V I havent forgotten about you I will take a pic of Teresa's bike with the 16 Ga exhaust tomarrow after I get off from work.  Ya'll have a great one and ride safe

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2006, 08:48:42 PM »

V sorry it took so long here is a pic of Teresa's new pipes.  Race tuner is in runs and sounds great

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2006, 08:49:30 PM »

sorry about the nightime pics but got home late from work here is another shot

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2006, 08:55:02 PM »

Race tuner is in runs and sounds great

Am I correct in assuming that you had the download for these pipes prior to the Race Tuner installed?  If so, is there a noticeable difference in the two at this point?

Thanks.

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2006, 09:11:22 PM »

After tons of reashearch and lots of help from this site I found out the correct download for these pipes were not in the bike.  My choices were to go with the HD download (which is currently on backorder)  or the racetuner.  We went with the race tuner because it will allow us to make changes as she makes changes to the bike.  Yes there is a noticable difference in the performance.  I am very impressed with her bike.  I am hopeing to make a few mods in the near future to my bike then I want to have both bikes dynotuned.  Have a great one and ride safe.

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2006, 09:53:21 PM »

I'd recommend this guy!
http://www.rollingthunderdyno.com/

He'll be at Murrells Inlet in October.  I plan to have mine dyno'd a 2nd time.  She's got 3k now and will have another 2k by then!  We'll see how she stacks up the 2nd go-round!  

I LOVE THE PIPES!!!  I really like the dual look!  I like the stock pipes just sound like $h!t.  I like  the PowerCommander too!  Plus without it I couldn't have the quickshift and that's my favorite feature!  Night pics are fine!  Still looks good!  Teresa has an awesome ride!  LOL!!!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 09:54:03 PM by TheVgirl »

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2006, 10:58:40 PM »

Thanks V.  We sure are having lots of fun with the bikes.  We were at MB spring event maby we will see ya in the fall.  Have a great one and ride safe.
                                         G and T

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2006, 09:24:16 AM »

sorry about the nightime pics but got home late from work here is another shot

Nice pipes Gary and congrats to Teresa...... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2006, 10:34:44 PM »

Thanks man.  She loves them and when she's happy, I'm happy  ;D

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2006, 01:15:57 PM »

Hi Gary and Teresa,
Pipes look great. I'm still in the break in phase, less then 400 miles although I may push that a little today, haven't deceided what mods I'll do yet. But I love those pipes.
Have a good one,
Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2006, 03:21:42 PM »

Thanks man.  Don't worry about the mods - the fine folks on this site will be more than happy to help you spend your money  ;D  On a serious note I have found lots of help and great information here.  A very helpful bunch, I feel very lucky to have stumbled onto this site.  Only wish I had found it sooner.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2006, 04:42:18 PM »

Gary,
You're right about that, there is NO shortage of ways to spend money here!! Picking from the countless ideas is the hard part, and a great group people too.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

JerseyGuy

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2006, 11:00:24 AM »

Hi all,

This site is great.  I was an old time motocross and Jap bike owner.  I had been looking for a new bike for months when I walked into the local Harley dealer and from 20 feet away said to myself that is the bike, an 06 Yellow SE.  Bought it at once.  I have had it for 6 weeks now, 800 miles latter and love it except for the frequent gas stops.  :'( I am hooked.  :P Been reading this site for a few days and I have much to learn.  I agree the bike does not sound like a Harley and I need to change that aspect.  I want the bike louder but not so load as to piss off my neighbors too much in the am.  I looked at the power commander site and most of the Harley stuff is still greek to me.  I would like to improve performance over all and exhaust.  I also agree the stock exhaust sticks out too much.  Does any one have any overall configuration ideas for a newbie?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I will get pics once the rains stops here in Jersey.

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2006, 01:47:32 AM »

Welcome to the site.  Teresa I very happy with the HD Screamin eagle 16 g mufflers.  She went with the SERT but we have heard good things about the Power Comander as well.  The 16G mufflers do sound much better and are louder without beeing too loud.  Oh by the way congrats on the new bike.  I hope you enjoy and ride safe.  If you have any question feel free to pm me
                                        Later Gary

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2006, 09:10:41 AM »

Hi all,

This site is great.  I was an old time motocross and Jap bike owner.  I had been looking for a new bike for months when I walked into the local Harley dealer and from 20 feet away said to myself that is the bike, an 06 Yellow SE.  Bought it at once.  I have had it for 6 weeks now, 800 miles latter and love it [highlight]except for the frequent gas stops[/highlight].  :'( I am hooked.  :P Been reading this site for a few days and I have much to learn.  I agree the bike does not sound like a Harley and I need to change that aspect.  I want the bike louder but not so load as to piss off my neighbors too much in the am.  I looked at the power commander site and most of the Harley stuff is still greek to me.  I would like to improve performance over all and exhaust.  I also agree the stock exhaust sticks out too much.  Does any one have any overall configuration ideas for a newbie?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I will get pics once the rains stops here in Jersey.

Welcome to this fantastic site where you find hundreds of way how to spend $$$$$......

I have understood that the '06 has a bigger gas tank tank than '05.....I have the '05 and I have to stop every 100 miles for gas >:(.............about exhaust I went to V&H Powershots and sound nice..

Ride Safe,

Jorge
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 09:11:27 AM by jegomez »

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2006, 06:33:46 PM »

Hi all,

This site is great.  I was an old time motocross and Jap bike owner.  I had been looking for a new bike for months when I walked into the local Harley dealer and from 20 feet away said to myself that is the bike, an 06 Yellow SE.  Bought it at once.  I have had it for 6 weeks now, 800 miles latter and love it [highlight]except for the frequent gas stops[/highlight].  :'( I am hooked.  :P Been reading this site for a few days and I have much to learn.  I agree the bike does not sound like a Harley and I need to change that aspect.  I want the bike louder but not so load as to piss off my neighbors too much in the am.  I looked at the power commander site and most of the Harley stuff is still greek to me.  I would like to improve performance over all and exhaust.  I also agree the stock exhaust sticks out too much.  Does any one have any overall configuration ideas for a newbie?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I will get pics once the rains stops here in Jersey.

Look at it this way...more frequent stops may allow you to enjoy a longer day on the scoot.

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2006, 06:37:32 PM »

Welcome to the site.  Teresa I very happy with the [highlight]HD Screamin eagle 16 g mufflers[/highlight].  She went with the SERT but we have heard good things about the Power Comander as well.  [highlight]The 16G mufflers do sound much better and are louder without beeing too loud.[/highlight]  Oh by the way congrats on the new bike.  I hope you enjoy and ride safe.  If you have any question feel free to pm me
                                        Later Gary

Gary,

I too enjoy the 16ga for the same reasons...

All a matter of personal choice and there are plenty of them for this bike.

JerseyGuy

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2006, 06:05:08 PM »

[smiley=banana.gif] Gary, Thanks much for the info.  I went to my local Harley dearler and the SE tips are now discontinued, and they 16 Ga pipes, they had none in stock.  The drove 30 miles to another dealer and had some luck, they had one set in stock.  They also recommended the 16 Ga pipes and I am also going the extra mile and doing the race tuning with 4 hours on the dyno, ecm calibration.  The master tech says I will get the best performance out of the bike.  I take it in on 21 Sept, I wil let you know how it goes.  Thanks for all the help and extra emails.  I will post pic's when done.

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2006, 06:56:02 PM »

congrats on the setup.  Let us know how you like it.  Ride safe and have a great one
                                        Gary

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2006, 10:04:01 AM »

(Dang it Naitram!  Still need an ORANGE dancing vegetable!  A dancing carrot will do!)  :-[

Helen

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2006, 03:35:37 PM »

(Dang it Naitram!  Still need an ORANGE dancing vegetable!  A dancing carrot will do!)  :-[
Helen

I'll second that (again)!!!!
 [smiley=carrot.gif] [smiley=carrot.gif] [smiley=carrot.gif] [smiley=carrot.gif] [smiley=carrot.gif] [smiley=carrot.gif]

The orange is just a littel too round for any of these bikes, but she's cute!!!! [smiley=orange.gif]

JerseyGuy

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2006, 04:01:54 PM »

All,

Thx for all the help.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] The 16 GA pipes are on, race tuner and now 177 HP, 77 lvs torque.  Much better throttle response and preformance.  Next is the new seat with more cushion  for my aging rear and find the after market 5 Gal. gas tank, the 3.7 gal is just not enough range.   [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 05:33:20 PM by flhtcse2004 »

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2006, 08:14:10 PM »

Congrats man.  Great looking ride.   Have fun with it and ride safe.
                                                        Gary

Oh and by the way when you find that aftermarket 5gal tank let me know details.  thanks

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2006, 08:21:21 PM »

All,

Thx for all the help.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] The 16 GA pipes are on, race tuner and now 177 HP, 77 lvs torque.  Much better throttle response and preformance.  Next is the new seat with more cushion  for my aging rear and find the after market 5 Gal. gas tank, the 3.7 gal is just not enough range.   [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]

177HP!!!  WOW!!!  And this is only after a Race Tuner?

5 gallon after market gas tank available...who is the supplier?

I must admit I have been out of touch regarding the efforts on this bike lately given my work commitments.  

Thanks for the information.

JerseyGuy

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2006, 06:32:33 AM »

Sorry, mis-type, 117 HP, 177 would be insane.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2006, 03:01:00 PM »

Sorry, mis-type, 117 HP, 177 would be insane.
May be insane, but you have to admit it would be fun. Wooo Hooo!!! ;D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2006, 08:29:42 PM »

May be insane, but you have to admit it would be fun. Wooo Hooo!!! ;D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2007, 09:18:58 PM »

New download available for these pipes and engine...made a difference for me.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2007, 12:47:55 PM »

Did it get rid of the stumble these things all seem to have between 3 and 4K?

Also, what kind of fuel milage do you generally get?  Mine sucks...literally.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2007, 10:10:16 PM »

Did it get rid of the stumble these things all seem to have between 3 and 4K?

Also, what kind of fuel milage do you generally get?  Mine sucks...literally.

Mileage still sucks, however the "stumble" is better now.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.333 seconds with 21 queries.