Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Road Glide Custom®

2 piece seat question

(1/3) > >>

AThousandHurricanes:
Ok this one is going to be dumb, but here goes. Am I doing something wrong with this two piece seat thing? I mean taking the passenger pillion off exposes unbelievably ugly thumbscrews and black plastic. Does anyone actually run it solo with it looking like that? Surely I am missing something here. I like the solo look on my FLTRXSE but can't get past the ugly bolts and plastic.

GregKhougaz:
I don't think you're doing anything wrong.  The plastic is easy to remove.   You could replace it with 3M clear plastic.  You can also replace the screws with chrome buttonheads.  If you do not like that look, you might be able to find an insert to replace the rear portion of the seat.  Good luck!

FLSTFI Dave:
The small chrome button that goes in the thumb screw place on the fender is under the stock passenger pillion.

Hard to hid the two factory screws that hold the front seat on.

However a corbin fixes that.

AThousandHurricanes:

--- Quote from: FLSTFI Dave on December 10, 2011, 07:34:09 AM ---The small chrome button that goes in the thumb screw place on the fender is under the stock passenger pillion.

Hard to hid the two factory screws that hold the front seat on.

However a corbin fixes that.

--- End quote ---

yeah this is more what I was talking about. the plastic piece under the big factory thumbscrews (and the screws themselves) are sure an eyesore. Oh well. Nothing is perfect. :)

RedDevil:
There is a flap that you can reach in under the back of the seat and pull it down.  It will cover the plastic and the big bolts.  :)  (No, that's not a scratch,  :o but a piece of hair or lint.)

:devil:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version