Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Road Glide Custom®

KURYAKYN CVO LICENSE PLATE BRACKET REVIEW

(1/3) > >>

bigmegina:
Kuryakyn finally got around to releasing their CVO plate bracket.the stock straight bracket did not go with the custom fat rounded fender.this bracket completes the back of the CVO.you need 2 brackets,1 #3146.this is the backing plate which only comes in chrome.then you need the holder which becomes a personal choice.the chrome holder matches the chrome backing plate part #3144.if you want a black holder part #3125.this is the choice part.to get the black plate holder you have to buy the complete bracket and disreguard the bracket and use just the black plate holder.i think there is not enough volume to make just a black plate holder.it will cost more for the black setup like mine.you could always buy the chrome 1 and paint it which will save you $40.the holder comes with a built in led plate light which is bright but a pita to wire in,but it is worth it.what do you think?if you are going to do this get the parts on ebay,alot cheaper and free shipping.

CVOStreetglide:
FWIW: There are a TON of posts on this subject over in the CVO Street Glide section. 

Most posters want the Kury without having to buy the new upper chrome tab backing plate.  That's why the old universal backing plate was the preferred choice.  You drill it to match the holes in the fender and bolt it up. Then either clip the end with the plug off of your stock tag light system and solder it to the new Kury harness OR re pin and put a new plug on the Kury wire and plug it in.

I think the universal bracket they offer may be a better choice for our CVO's.

The Yaffee is about the same effort (I did the Yaffee this time).  In either case, be sure to place lots of painters tape around the fender to protect the paint during installation. 

FLSTFI Dave:
I have had the black Yaffee on order for mine since early Nov.  Yaffee said it was out of stock but would ship first week in Dec.  Well it still has not shipped.  I hope it ships soon or I may cancel and go a different route.

bigmegina:
here you go.no waiting,free shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140630456979?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KURYAKYN-CURVED-LIGHTED-L-E-D-LICENSE-PLATE-FRAME-4-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-3144-/110793800029?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D140630456979%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5095983211407538333
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120784920091?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

bigmegina:

--- Quote from: CVOStreetglide on December 22, 2011, 05:58:49 PM ---FWIW: There are a TON of posts on this subject over in the CVO Street Glide section. 

Most posters want the Kury without having to buy the new upper chrome tab backing plate.  That's why the old universal backing plate was the preferred choice.  You drill it to match the holes in the fender and bolt it up. Then either clip the end with the plug off of your stock tag light system and solder it to the new Kury harness OR re pin and put a new plug on the Kury wire and plug it in.

I think the universal bracket they offer may be a better choice for our CVO's.

The Yaffee is about the same effort (I did the Yaffee this time).  In either case, be sure to place lots of painters tape around the fender to protect the paint during installation. 

--- End quote ---

i do not have a street glide custom so i would not know or care what goes on over there.all i am doing is reviewing for road glide CVOS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version