Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: High Flow Air Cleaner  (Read 1229 times)

spudwrench

High Flow Air Cleaner
« on: December 24, 2011, 03:50:04 PM »

The scoot that I just bought has had the high flow filter and tuner installed and the owner went with a single bolt 96" cover (see http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=21367.0).  Any ideas to make this better? 
spud
"spudwrench"

RVN '69,'70
'08 SEUC

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
Re: High Flow Air Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 05:29:20 PM »

spudwrench, If you have the football shaped cover like on my 09SEUC I would suggest a HD part called "Air filter service gasket". Part no. 29591-99. It is a thick piece of rubber that is sticky on one side to stick to your filter and it should stop your air cleaner from wobbling. I had the same experience that one of the guys in the thread you referred to did regarding the center of my K&N air filter breaking out. My shop gave me a new filter for free and I also made a piece of metal to beef up the attachment. It attaches to the 3 screws that hold the filter on. I also made a cut out in the center so it would clear the "hump" in the middle of the filter. This has been working fine now for thousands of miles. Maybe just the service gasket will work, but making the metal part from 3/16th stock was easy(used the original for template) and made me feel more secure. Good Luck.CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

spudwrench

Re: High Flow Air Cleaner
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 01:10:59 PM »

Thanks for the reply, I don't have the original oblong cover, I have the round 96cu in cover, but I'm looking for an alternative.
"spudwrench"

RVN '69,'70
'08 SEUC

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.