Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: New Orange CVO Fat Bob  (Read 6891 times)

Panzershrank

New Orange CVO Fat Bob
« on: January 03, 2012, 12:51:46 PM »

Hello from the UK
This is my first go on a forum of any kind so help me out people, I pick up my pre loved CVO fat bob soon and have decided to go with Super Trapp 2-1 super meg exhaust, I like the idea of being able to tune the pipe and also lower the volume when our UK Mot test comes around, I was originally going to fit V&H big shots but they seem more difficult to modify, any way I will also be changing the stock air filter to something more free flowing, but I'm not sure which way to go when fitting a fuel pack, I understand that it can be difficult to locate the device as space is at a premium, so any suggestions would be welcome, and has any one on here got any thoughts about the super trapps good or bad. Thanks

jimamtay

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE (1 mile) eyecandy
    • CVO2: 10 FXDFSE
Re: New Orange CVO Fat Bob
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 07:48:15 PM »

Don't have any experience w/ ur super trapp exhaust sorry, but i think you'll be hard pressed to find a breather w/ more "flow" than the stock "heavy breather" on ur new Fat Bob. If you don't like the stock one there are SE alternatives available. Just my 2 cents.

Panzershrank

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 04:51:44 PM »

Thanks for the Reply, the UK spec bike dosnt come with the screemin eagle heavy breather as standard, since posting i have made extensive research and have been offered many fuel packs and almost purchased the new PC5 but then found out that if you want the systm to learn you have to purchase two more learning units and wide band o2 sensors, and knowing that space is limited i have decided to go for the Rev perf EMS i cant find a bad thing about them and like most other learning tuners you dont need to load maps and calibrate the thing, the only down side for me is sending my ECU to them as i live in the UK and we dont have an agent here, i will also go with the supertrapp supermeg system, as i said earlier we have the dreded MOT test in the UK and i want to be able to quieten down my bike for the fun police when required without swaping out my exhaust system, ill post some pics when we get some better weather, its chite at the moment.

Musher Mark

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 08:03:36 PM »

Congrats on your new bike. What a pain in the ass the MOT test must be.

Post pics of your scoot!

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 08:18:07 PM »

The orange '09 Fat Bob is my favorite bike ever.  Congratulations!

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 08:29:07 PM »

Welcome from South Korea and congrats on the CVO. Can't help you any But I will bet that you will get the answers here.

Landshark

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTF-SE
    • CVO2: 2009 FXDF-SE
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCU-SE
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 12:05:30 AM »

I have a Supertrapp 2 into 1 on my two of my bikes.  My 1987 FXR and my 2006 FLHTCU-SE.  I can't think of a better exhaust for performance, looks and also a great sound.  Quiet at idle but has a great sound as the RPMs rise.  You will not be disappointed.

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SE Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 05:55:35 PM »

Hey I've got the PCIII on my '09 FXDFSE.  If you get the PC5 it will come loaded with the maps for your bike. You don't have to purchase the self learn modules unless or until you're ready to fine tune it further.  If you have to go back to the origanal ECM setup for emmisions testing you can disable and/or remove the PC5 yourself in about 45 minutes. Really like the Power Commander simplicity.  I've had it professionally tuned a couple of times when I made major changes.  Stock vs PC no comparision.  Stock wants to kinda putt around town. PC wants to chunk pavement.  :apple:

GreatGazoo

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 06:16:15 PM »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the bike.  I have the Vance and Hines Fuel pak on mine and frankly....get the screaming eagle tuner.  I hate to say it but it is worth the price.  The fuel pak is OK at best and after playing with a friends SC tuner, it does make tuning so much easier and his bike runs better with the same pipes.  Just my two cents

Panzershrank

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 02:23:55 AM »

Thanks for the replies and the warm welcome,
In the end i went with SE heavy breather air filter (its not standard on the UK model) V+H 2-1 Powerpipe in Chrome and the new Powervision from Dyno Jet. I had to fit the quiet baffel in the exhaust as it was just too loud, it is just right now, and the performance difference is fantastic, the bike runs cooler and the econamy has gone up, nearly 200 miles to reserve with normal stop start riding, only snag was the Powervision did not come with and maps for the SE Fatbob, but a phone call to Dyno Jet UK sorted that and two days later a custom map was e mailed to me.
Have also had the frony fender replaced under warranty (with only a week left) due to corrosion around the joints, have also got a new rear fender on good will as this is also corroding around the edges and fixings, not too impresses with the finish as my bike hardly see any rain!!
I will post some pic as soon as ive cleaned all the bugs off.

Cheers

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 07:46:19 AM »

Welcome aboard from Minnesota! Glad you've joined the fun. Congrats on the new scoot!

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 07:08:42 PM »

Hello from DETROIT

cvo1717

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BREAKOUT BLACK SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO FATBOB BLACK DENIM HELLFIRE FLAMES TRADED IN
    • CVO3: 2020 CVO street glide
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 07:17:27 PM »

Welcome aboard as well :2vrolijk_21:
Mike
2013 CVO BREAKOUT 117 KIT
ROSAS HEADS WOODS TW 8-6 CAM
RB RACING 2 INTO 1 PROSTOCK CHALLENGE PIPE
130 HP  134 TQ STD
126 hp   131 TQ SAE

Panzershrank

Re: New Orange CVO Fat Bob with Pics
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 06:50:26 AM »

Hi All
Well just thought i would share some pictures with you of my rear fender that i am replacing with a new one from HD under good will, as you can see from the corrosion and flaking paint its not very good for a bike that has not yet done 5000 miles, although i am the second owner i think the first owner must have used the bike once or twice in the winter and got some road salt on the bike as i have never been out in the rain since i got the bike with 2300 miles on it, even so i think the quality and process of the paint needs questioning for such an expensive bike. My Brother is a professional car body paint sprayer and he says that this could have been easily prevented with a little time taken at the prep stage, although he admits that the grind effect is just asking for trouble, as the environment in which you prep and paint needs to be 100% moisture free, otherwise you will get rust coming through from underneath. Before i re fit the new fender my brother will key and put an extra thick layer of lacquer on the underside of the fender to try and prevent it happening again, but as he says if the new fender was not painted moisture free then this wont help as the moisture could already be trapped between the steel and the paint.
Ill post some more pics of the new fender fitted when i get it back.

Panzershrank

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 06:51:52 AM »

Pic 2

Panzershrank

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 06:52:52 AM »

Pic 3

Panzershrank

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 06:53:42 AM »

Pic 4

Panzershrank

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 06:54:29 AM »

Pic 5

Panzershrank

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 06:54:53 AM »

Pic 6

Panzershrank

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 06:55:21 AM »

Pic 7

Panzershrank

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 06:56:04 AM »

Pic 8

Panzershrank

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 06:56:35 AM »

Last one

MNTransplant

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF Veteran (12 Years), originally from Kansas

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 11:20:10 AM »

Another Welcome aboard from Minnesota!
MNTransplant
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.29 seconds with 21 queries.