Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 203 vs 211 cams for SEEG  (Read 13424 times)

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: 203 vs 211 cams for SEEG
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2006, 05:21:21 PM »

Now I havent counted out the zippers just yet (Im not sure it is in my budget).  Unballanced is recomending the 251 cam.  Now taking the 203 or 204 out of the picture which is the better SE cam for the 103 the 211 or 251.  I do not plan to make any other mods at this time (remember I just bought my wife an 06 SE VROD I am pretty much tapped out).  Oh by the way thank you all for this information it is extreemly helpful in making an informed dicision. (don't want to be like the guy running 260's without any other mods  ;) ).  Thank you again
                                                     Gary

Big Time

• Junior CVO Member
  • We ride for beer...need a beer for the ride
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2006, 07:36:59 PM »

I was in the same boat as you are in 211 or 251. My service advisor is a v-twin genious, he's built race motors at Tilley's and can build 100hp big bore motors (95") with 204 cams. He said that the 211 matches up with the port design on the 103 heads better than the 251 as far as filling the chambers better and faster. If you wait till next week I can get you a dyno sheet or at least some numbers to go by. I'm currently running V&H duals with SE Pro Touring slip-ons. Not the best for performance but it was the look I wanted. I'm thinking the D&D 2-1 might be in my future. I had Rineharts but I like big chrome things sticking out the back!
2004 FLHTCSE black and blue
1998 XLHC 1200

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2006, 09:25:24 PM »

Bigtime,

While he may be a genius the issue is the guy wants to ride low end and not 3500 to 5500 he wants torque down low and having owned this cam its a mid tier cam not a torque cam off the get go.   What I pm'd him is if he is willing to go outside Harley the 575 will be a better choice as it has over 90 ft torque at 2000 and 97 at 2650 on a stock bike.   The 211 wont even come close while it may and could have higher peak this is not what he asked me about.    If you look at the intake and exhaust of the 575 vs the 251 you will find only small changes in where the intake opens and closes.   If he were looking for more of the mid tier to higher end late acting cams the choice would be the 211 or the 258 if were considering staying with harley as the cam choice.  

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2006, 11:56:49 AM »

[highlight]Now I havent counted out the zippers just yet [/highlight](Im not sure it is in my budget).  Unballanced is recomending the 251 cam.  Now taking the 203 or 204 out of the picture which is the better SE cam for the 103 the 211 or 251.  I do not plan to make any other mods at this time (remember I just bought my wife an 06 SE VROD I am pretty much tapped out).  Oh by the way thank you all for this information it is extreemly helpful in making an informed dicision. (don't want to be like the guy running 260's without any other mods  ;) ).  Thank you again
                                                     Gary

Gary save your money and let your wife stay in the lead(I know all about that). Even if you just put in a set a cams you will not keep up with that V ROD!!!!

I promise if you wait till you have the money you will be so happy with the Zippers product.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2006, 03:53:10 PM »

But can you run the zippers cams with no other mods to the engine?  

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2006, 05:31:08 PM »

But can you run the zippers cams with no other mods to the engine?  

Yes you can!!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2006, 05:34:52 PM »

Does anyone know the web site or phone number for zippers for ordering?  How do I get the discount for being a member of this site?

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2006, 05:51:01 PM »

Does anyone know the web site or phone number for zippers for ordering?  How do I get the discount for being a member of this site?

Just type in zippersperformance.com in your address bar.  Great people to work with.  When you talk to them on the phone, tell them you're looking for HORSEPOWER, and were told you would find it at Zipper's!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2006, 05:55:32 PM »

Phone 301-621-2311 x 107 the web site WWW.ZIPPERSPERFORMANCE.COM Tell them the DAWG sent you. And ask for your CVO website discount.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 07:41:10 PM by DCFIREMANN »
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2006, 10:59:44 PM »

Thanks for all of your help.  I've got some thinking to do and have to find some funds but I'll keep ya'll informed on what I finally decide to do.  

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 10:46:09 AM »

Thanks for all of your help.  I've got some thinking to do and have to find some funds but I'll keep ya'll informed on what I finally decide to do.  

Gary when you sit down and think about your decision you need to know a few things. The most important item to consider is that the TC575 Red Shift that Zippers developed was done so JUST FOR THE 103 CVO MOTOR. The motor in our bikes has a very low corrected compression ratio(around 8.7 to 1) The valve opening and closing timing is setup to raise the static pressures in the combustion chamber. This and the increased lift are 2 factors the raise the TQ curve to where it is with those cams. You will be very happy with this set of BOLT IN CAMS.

If you need to talk about this send me a PM with your contact info.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 10:47:02 AM by DCFIREMANN »
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2006, 02:03:53 PM »

Phone 301-621-2311 x 107 the web site WWW.ZIPPERSPERFORMANCE.COM Tell them the DAWG sent you. And ask for your CVO website discount.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

DAWG, thanks for the great info [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].  I just got off the phone with Tony from Zippers Performance.  Talked about TC575 Red Shift setup with the gear driven tensioners and TC88 Oil Bypass Shim.  When I told him that The DAWG had recommended me, he knew all about you and us at FLHRSEI.ORG CVO website.  He gave me a great price qoute and also told me who could do the work in my area.  
  Where did you get your Feuling Oil Pump from and what was the cost if you don’t mind me asking?  Did you get the Feuling Super Pump or is there a difference from the Feuling Oil Pump?
  I can say one thing about Zippers Performance, they are friendly, helpful and appear to have great customer service.  That’s just from a ten minute phone conversation which I had with them today.
  Thanks again DAWG 8-)

Ride Safe - Enjoy Each Ride  [smiley=helmet.gif]
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 02:47:17 PM by 05Rider »
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2006, 02:19:59 PM »

DAWG, thanks for the great info [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].  I just got off the phone with Tony from Zippers Performance.  Talked about TC575 Red Shift setup with the gear driven tensioners and TC88 Oil Bypass Shim.  When I told him that The DAWG had recommended me, he knew all about you and us at FLHRSEI.ORG CVO website.  He gave me a great price qoute and also told me who could do the work in my area.  
  Where did you get your Feuling Oil Pump from and what was the cost if you don’t mind me asking?  How much more does it help your engine than the stock pump?
  I can say one thing about Zippers Performance, they are friendly, helpful and appear to have great customer service.  That’s just from a ten minute phone conversation which I had with them today.
  Thanks again DAWG 8-)

Ride Safe - Enjoy Each Ride  [smiley=helmet.gif]

05, as several of us have done this so far we've found it best (at least cheaper) to source the parts from two places.  Everything from Zippers except the Feuling pump and lifters with those coming from Wally's Cycle.  For whatever reason Wally's just kicks everyone's tail on price on the pump and lifters.  Zippers recognized this when I was ordering.  Said "no problem, we understand, thanks for what you're getting."

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2006, 02:30:46 PM »

Twolanerider, is Feuling Oil Pump and Feuling Super Oil Pump the same pump [smiley=confused5.gif]  I have seen them called by both names.  Does Feuling make a pump just for the 103 engine?

Ride Safe  [smiley=helmet.gif]
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 02:33:01 PM by 05Rider »
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2006, 02:58:59 PM »

Twolanerider, is Feuling Oil Pump and Feuling Super Oil Pump the same pump [smiley=confused5.gif]  I have seen them called by both names.  Does Feuling make a pump just for the 103 engine?

Ride Safe  [smiley=helmet.gif]

O5, what you want is the Feuling oil pump; also often called the Feuling Super Pump.  What you do not want is the Feuling Race pump.  Get the Feuling lifters too.  When I got mine Wally's even had a combo special for the pair that was cheaper than the two things individually.

If someone is unsure whether they're selling you the "regular" Feuling oil pump or the race pump or not have them physically look at it.  The race pump is red in color.  You want the one that's not red.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.