Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: How Many Ladies Riding Road Glides?  (Read 6847 times)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
How Many Ladies Riding Road Glides?
« on: January 13, 2012, 06:23:34 PM »

Was just wondering how many of our lady site members or wives/girlfriends of our members are riding some form of a Road Glide? Does not have to be CVO Road Glide Ultra/Custom. How do you like it? What were you riding before? Thinking my wife might like a Glide, her current bike is Road King Classic. TIA.   
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: How Many Ladies Riding Road Glides?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 06:38:34 PM »

In stock position, the Street Glide sits lower.

I know that Soozie rode Don's 09 SERG a lot but I believe her main ride is the SEEG.  Maybe she'll see this post and respond.

Terrie rides a Street Glide, Melanie rides a Street Glide, Susan rides a Street Glide (they're all in Nor Cal).   I know that Terrie has met women looking at bikes in dealerships over the past few years and she always tells them "don't waste your money on anything else.....go straight to the Street Glide"
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE - Sold :(
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 06:45:57 PM »

Yes I am riding a Road Glide. As you can see from the look on my face I was pretty excited. I just got this CVORG at the end of August last year. I love this bike.

I have been riding with my husband since 2000 when I got my license. Sportster first, then 2002 Low Rider then 2007 SE Dyna. My husband would always rant about how great the RG's were ( he had a 2006 RG and now has a 2011 SERGU) and occasionally offered his to me to try. I always passed as I thought the baggers were too big for me.

As time went on and my skills got better, he convinced me to get my current ride the 2012 CVORG. I should have done it a long time ago. I still love my SE Dyna and couldn't part with it so I get the best of both worlds.

On a side note, on our trip to Sturgis this past summer, we had 13 bikes ride there...5 of the bikes were women riders and 4 of them were on baggers...I rode the SE Dyna as I didnt have the RG yet.

I say tell your wife to get one. She'll be glad you convinced her  :)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 09:31:29 PM »

Yes I am riding a Road Glide. As you can see from the look on my face I was pretty excited. I just got this CVORG at the end of August last year. I love this bike.

I have been riding with my husband since 2000 when I got my license. Sportster first, then 2002 Low Rider then 2007 SE Dyna. My husband would always rant about how great the RG's were ( he had a 2006 RG and now has a 2011 SERGU) and occasionally offered his to me to try. I always passed as I thought the baggers were too big for me.

As time went on and my skills got better, he convinced me to get my current ride the 2012 CVORG. I should have done it a long time ago. I still love my SE Dyna and couldn't part with it so I get the best of both worlds.

On a side note, on our trip to Sturgis this past summer, we had 13 bikes ride there...5 of the bikes were women riders and 4 of them were on baggers...I rode the SE Dyna as I didnt have the RG yet.

Yep, you look very happy! She changes her mind, she also likes the CVO Softail Convertible but I think she would like the RG or SG. 

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 11:14:21 PM »

You do look very happy on you RG!!!! :2vrolijk_21:

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 08:56:34 AM »

1sharprdkg...here is my friend on her CVO Softail convertible on the way to Sturgis with me last summer. She fits this bike perfectly and it works well as a tourer. She is a munchkin...maybe 5'2"ish.

I am a little taller and have some challenges fitting my CVORG. I am currently barely flat footed with the stock set up and am not quite comfortable backing up etc. I am having a seat redone at Mean City Cycles which will drop me 2" and move me forward about the same. This will be ideal for me. I am 5'6"

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 10:55:27 AM »

NICE PAIR! I have motorcycle envy!

2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 11:58:59 AM »

Well with winter settled in here a while ago and a fresh dump of snow this morning, It seems I wont be riding either for a while. I love the RG but just couldn't part with the Dyna. Maybe next summer as I get more in tune with the RG I'll decide if I want to let the Dyna go. I know my husband wants me to keep it...he loves riding it and throwing it into the corners.

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 12:24:03 PM »

I bet he does! I would loive to have a cvo dyna. that thing is sick. I imagine the 110 is real fun in that light bike!. I am concidering buying a Dyna Fatbob and stuffing a 120R into it for a fast toy! I am stuck under some bad weather here also. I am waiting on some new heated gear from gerbing! I hope it gets here soon I need a ride! I last rode on new years day. It was 40 degrees and a bit cold without heated gear. I have heated gloves but forgot them so my fingers got numb to the point of pain! Still enjoyed the ride..... Face
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 12:40:10 PM »

Yes the Dyna is a rocket for sure. A 120 in a Dyna would be pretty sweet.

I haven't been out in over a month. We probably wont put the bikes back on the road until March. I have the Gerbing liner, gloves and dual controller. I love the set up but too many friggin wires. Oh well, better than not riding.

My other half has heated grips and seat stock on his FLTRSEU. Whats the deal with that? Must be nice. :) When I get the new seat from Mean City Cycles, I may have them add their heated option.

FXDSEGRL

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 12:57:49 PM »

I haven't been out in over a month. We probably wont put the bikes back on the road until March. I have the Gerbing liner, gloves and dual controller. I love the set up but too many friggin wires. Oh well, better than not riding.

My other half has heated grips and seat stock on his FLTRSEU. Whats the deal with that? Must be nice. :) When I get the new seat from Mean City Cycles, I may have them add their heated option.

FXDSEGRL

Once you have heated buns, you'll never go back.  Money well spent.

To the OP...I think anyone's comfort level on an RG, or a UC for that matter, will depend on their inseam measurement.  Neither bike is a problem to ride, it's just the parking that gets tricky if your feet aren't firmly planted on the ground.  I had to put Legend Air Ride shocks on mine (29" inseam) so I can drop it 3" in the rear when I need to, but I knew I was going to have to do that when I bought the bike, as I had to do the same thing on my '06 SEUC.  Personally, I LOVE the RG...it's a different ride than a Batwing.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 12:58:07 PM »

1sharprdkg...here is my friend on her CVO Softail convertible on the way to Sturgis with me last summer. She fits this bike perfectly and it works well as a tourer. She is a munchkin...maybe 5'2"ish.

I am a little taller and have some challenges fitting my CVORG. I am currently barely flat footed with the stock set up and am not quite comfortable backing up etc. I am having a seat redone at Mean City Cycles which will drop me 2" and move me forward about the same. This will be ideal for me. I am 5'6"

fxdsegrl, great pics and your friend looks happy also. This month my wife says she likes "Blue" just like your friends CVO. It's only after riding all day or several days in a row on her Road King that she starts talking about she thinks she needs a "lighter"/smaller bike. But I think the better handling/ride of a 09' or newer frame bike would help with her fatigue level. This spring I am going to insist that she ride my SEUC. But on the down side the first time I made her ride my 99' Road King instead of her Honda Shadow, I didn't get it back...so :nixweiss: My wife is flat footed on her RK with good boots not sure if she can flat foot the UC or not. Wife is also 5'6".  Vickie and Tom (SIX38) 2011 MV GTG

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 01:27:44 PM »

FXDSEGRL

I'm considering sending my Dany Gray solo seat to Allen for some foam/gel and ostrich, gave me a good deal. I won a set of his glove box liners in his December Christmas contest but I ended up getting a set of saddlebag liners and glove box liners in a Road Glide forum deal so I haven't told Allen to send the ones I won to me, if you're interested and think you might like them, let me know and you can tell Allen to send them to you when you get your seat sent to you, you can have them for free, I think they are valued at $35.00 US, let me know and I'll shoot him a pm to give them to you, your choice of color. :2vrolijk_21:
Randy D
Kristie D, Angel on my shoulders, October 10, 1973-April 16, 2009

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 04:27:33 PM »

I'm considering sending my Dany Gray solo seat to Allen for some foam/gel and ostrich, gave me a good deal. I won a set of his glove box liners in his December Christmas contest but I ended up getting a set of saddlebag liners and glove box liners in a Road Glide forum deal so I haven't told Allen to send the ones I won to me, if you're interested and think you might like them, let me know and you can tell Allen to send them to you when you get your seat sent to you, you can have them for free, I think they are valued at $35.00 US, let me know and I'll shoot him a pm to give them to you, your choice of color. :2vrolijk_21:

Big Dog, thanks so much for the offer. I PM'd you. As mentioned my Skunk came with the felt glove box liners. On a side note, my new seat just came into my WA address so I can pick it up and get it sized for me on my bike and then send it off to Allen at MCC.

Thanks again for the glove box liner offer.

FXDSEGRL

scttgr8

• Senior CVO Member
  • my new GLIDE

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 06:47:47 PM »

NICE PAIR! I have motorcycle envy!

I agree   nice bikes too! :o :o :o

2012 HD Road Glide Custom CVO (FLTRXSE) Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics I added wrapped chrome license plate bracket/cover, saddlebag guard rails, replaced black Engine covers w/Chrome, RCx slip-ons mounted on Fullsac "C" X head pipe, TTS tuner tuned! Enjoying life ...living the dream!!!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.