Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD model designator - when started?  (Read 633 times)

bobroadglide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Silver SERG
    • CVO2: 05 Cherry SEEG
HD model designator - when started?
« on: January 21, 2012, 05:56:23 PM »

In a discussion with someone about my license plate, FLTRCI, I said it was my version of Harley Davidson's model designator.  FL - touring, TR - Road Glide, I - injected (the C is my addition).  I tried to explain that HD has had this model designator system for years now, as I had read about it in their One Hundred Year book.  SHE disagreed with me and said it was a new system.  Does anyone know when HD started using the model designator system?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: HD model designator - when started?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 06:41:06 PM »

In a discussion with someone about my license plate, FLTRCI, I said it was my version of Harley Davidson's model designator.  FL - touring, TR - Road Glide, I - injected (the C is my addition).  I tried to explain that HD has had this model designator system for years now, as I had read about it in their One Hundred Year book.  SHE disagreed with me and said it was a new system.  Does anyone know when HD started using the model designator system?
The model designations have been around since virtually the beginning of the company.  You can go here:  Harley Model Codes to see how they've designated all the various years and models.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.