Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: 2012 FLTRXSE Issues- REPORT THEM HERE  (Read 19315 times)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
2012 FLTRXSE Issues- REPORT THEM HERE
« on: January 24, 2012, 06:44:19 PM »

1) HD Doesnt know how to tie bikes down in the crates... mine suffered damage in transit... all small, but it costs the moco with a screwup like this.

2) 71 miles.... found a drip... oil cooler adapter plate to engine case... no seal... WTF?

3) 136 miles started to wobble 35-45 mph... neck bearing in need of adjustment

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

stever

• Junior CVO Member
Re: 2012 FLTRXSE Issues- REPORT THEM HERE
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 07:02:26 PM »

RADIO DISPLAY FADING IN AND OUT. TOOK TO DEALER WORKS FINE THERE.THEY NEED TO SEE THE PROBLEM TO FIX IT.

DeBar

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 07:18:18 AM »

Picked up my skunk drove it about 50 miles stopped for gas saw a leak thought it must have been there -this is a new bike?  Turns out some oring by the starter wasnt installed properly dealer Sauk Parrie HD was fantastic came and picked up the bike and gave me a loaner as I was out off town and on a tripp had it done the next day.   So about a week later I try the weatherband on radio it dosent work so I go to my dealer City limits HD also highly recomend order a new antenia now the w/b works ok on the way home I switch to FM now it works like sh.. old antenia was already sent back to HD so I just delt with didnt want to tie up the bike .  Now its cold and salt on the road so I wait .  Im sure Brian at Citylimits will figure it out just waiting for the weather to break                    DeBar

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 09:08:00 PM »

370 miles and the charging system is dead.

Leaving the gas station the engine light and the battery light lit up... looked at the gauge and it was below 12... At least I was only 5 miles from home.. so I limped it home and called the dealer.

ARRRGGGGGGG!

Screw it... time for a beer.

The dealer can come pick it up in the morning.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 09:55:29 PM »

1) HD Doesnt know how to tie bikes down in the crates... mine suffered damage in transit... all small, but it costs the moco with a screwup like this.

2) 71 miles.... found a drip... oil cooler adapter plate to engine case... no seal... WTF?

3) 136 miles started to wobble 35-45 mph... neck bearing in need of adjustment
Apparently that must be a common problem. My first bike was dameged pretty badly. I refused it. I'm now waiting on the next one to come in. I think this comes from a change in shipping practices by harley. Apparently they are goning low bid....and getting exactly what they are paying for! Damaged cvo's cost lots of $$$$. I guess we pay for it in the long run.
RETIRED! :fireman:

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 11:54:17 PM »

Apparently that must be a common problem. My first bike was dameged pretty badly. I refused it. I'm now waiting on the next one to come in. I think this comes from a change in shipping practices by harley. Apparently they are goning low bid....and getting exactly what they are paying for! Damaged cvo's cost lots of $$$$. I guess we pay for it in the long run.

Well... the mirror and corner of the fairing were poking out of the crate. Left saddlebag latch, outer fairing, fairing seal on left side, clutch lever had a scuff from the cardboard. Also noted were scratches on the tank and console, and a crease on the front fender and bubbles in the clear on the front fender and burrs in the chrome on the engine guard.

If you look at total cost for parts and labor... still a lot of money... some by damage and some by defect... either way it cost the moco $$$

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 08:07:22 AM »

370 miles and the charging system is dead.

Leaving the gas station the engine light and the battery light lit up... looked at the gauge and it was below 12... At least I was only 5 miles from home.. so I limped it home and called the dealer.

ARRRGGGGGGG!

Screw it... time for a beer.

The dealer can come pick it up in the morning.

UPDATE on this:

At 9 pm on the night I thought the charging system had died, I went out to the bike and started it up.. voltage went right up to 14 where it normally is... so I rode it to work this morning.. no issues.

Dropped it off at the dealer on the way home from work.

They have to replace the painted parts damaged in shipping too....so they can play with it until all is fixed.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 12:01:43 PM »

Did the dealer install a charging pigtail on the battery?  Loose connection would be my first thought on the charging issue.  Or, when they were fixing the oil plate problem, they knocked something losse down by the regulator.

The oil filter plate thing is not uncommon.

The wobble is not uncommon either, but is easily fixed if they put the swing to 1.

The shipping issues sound like careless handling by the shipper.

Not defending HD, but just sayin'...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 03:17:30 PM »

Did the dealer install a charging pigtail on the battery?  Loose connection would be my first thought on the charging issue.  Or, when they were fixing the oil plate problem, they knocked something losse down by the regulator.

The oil filter plate thing is not uncommon.

The wobble is not uncommon either, but is easily fixed if they put the swing to 1.

The shipping issues sound like careless handling by the shipper.

Not defending HD, but just sayin'...

The strap that holds the engine guard to the anchor point was loose... still think it was the shipper?

I've never seen a ratcheting strap secured properly come loose unless the strap itself was bad... this one was simply loose.

While the oil cooler plate missing the gasket may not be "uncommon" it is clearly unacceptable as dripping oil in dront of the drive tire is indeed a safety hazard (unless you're riding on old shovelhead).

Wobble has been addressed.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 03:37:08 PM »

The really sad part is that the steering head bearing preload thing has been common for several years now, and obviously H-D doesn't care enough to fix the assembly process so it doesn't happen.  Same applies to the oil cooler adaptor plate that's been an ongoing issue since they went to the sandwich style plate in '07.

As for the shipping deal, the assembly plant secures the bikes to the pallet, so the shipping company cannot be blamed for failure to secure the bike properly. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 03:51:03 PM »

It's threads like this one that keep me happy riding my old "tractor." :1syellow1:

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 04:11:49 PM »

It's threads like this one that keep me happy riding my old "tractor." :1syellow1:

Occasionally I have remorseful moments....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 04:31:48 PM »

Ditto... cheaper/less headaches to keep her... I told my wife that today for Valentine's Day but she didn't get it... maybe I forgot to add the bike part in the sentence. :nixweiss: :oops: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 02:27:17 AM »

The really sad part is that the steering head bearing preload thing has been common for several years now, and obviously H-D doesn't care enough to fix the assembly process so it doesn't happen.  Same applies to the oil cooler adaptor plate that's been an ongoing issue since they went to the sandwich style plate in '07.

As for the shipping deal, the assembly plant secures the bikes to the pallet, so the shipping company cannot be blamed for failure to secure the bike properly. 

Jerry

Thier lack of QC is gonna get someone killed....

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 02:56:26 AM »

Thier lack of QC is gonna get someone killed....

"Gonna"? more like probably already has!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 22 queries.