Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: road king TP on road glide ??  (Read 3425 times)

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: road king TP on road glide ??
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 09:56:57 PM »

Not sure who told you paint codes were not available but they are, and always have been. Probably heard this from a dealer? who wanted to sell you something painted? Do a search on here, someone is always able to get the codes for you. I painted a bunch of stuff for my SEEG, codes for it were in the PPG database that all body shops with PPG mixing stations have.

dieseldennis

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 12:22:22 AM »

Not sure who told you paint codes were not available but they are, and always have been. Probably heard this from a dealer? who wanted to sell you something painted? Do a search on here, someone is always able to get the codes for you. I painted a bunch of stuff for my SEEG, codes for it were in the PPG database that all body shops with PPG mixing stations have.

Even for the '13 model? Atomic Orange? WTF.

I am beginning to despise HD Dealerships. Try and get a pennies discount on a part and they crap on you like you're nothing to them. Try and get an honest helping hand and they screw you. Every time. Bast@rds. Anyone know of a decent HONEST dealership in Alberta Canada? So far Edmonton has NONE.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 01:00:30 PM »

Dealership charged me $2300 for my custom painted TP. Wtf. We bought this bike so she can ride with me so I'm kinda stuck forking the cash over. Wife says do it right the first time. And HD doesn't give the colour mix to anyone.  So it's either they paint it or I risk not getting the perfect match.

dieseldennis
                    your profile says newbie so I'm going to assume that you have missed out on the discussions on this board about color matching CVO paint. I'll try to be concise here. It doesn't really matter whether H-D gives out the paint code or not. Unless you had paint from the exact batch your bike was painted with and it was laid down in the exact same manner you won't see a match. Lighter, darker in between, whatever. PPG and other paint companies have spectrometers and can easily mix paint to match your bike. Whomever you use for paint work can take a side panel or saddlebag or whatever to where he buys his product and have it matched. It's no different than when you go into Lowe's or Home Depot and wifey gives that guy at the paint counter a piece of a curtain she wants the paint for the walls to match. They put it into the machine and it reads it an prints out the formula. Obviously if you've got several colors and stripes and graphics etc that invloves more paint matching and more work but it's still a matter of having each color read and matched and then the painter's level of skill takes over

B B

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.