Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: 2012 FLTRXSE Issues- REPORT THEM HERE  (Read 19301 times)

NYSport

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide, Skunk
Re: 2012 FLTRXSE Issues- REPORT THEM HERE
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2013, 09:05:40 PM »

I noticed an imperfection in the paint on the right side of the tank.  I can only see it at certain angles and actually it looks pretty cool, but it's an imperfection just the same:)
Former US Army
160th Little Bird Pilot

Dacuda

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Atomic Orange CVO Road Glide Custom 117
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »

Only problem I have had so far was half the LEDs in the Fuel Gauge when out the first week I had my 2013 CVO Road Glide

93-331-29psi

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Candy Cobalt/Twilight BLUE RG
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2013, 08:43:06 AM »

Had the right side saddlebag latch spring break yesterday.  Dealership wanted to keep the bike for 3 days to fix it, so I bought the spring and did it myself.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2013, 04:06:23 PM »

Had the right side saddlebag latch spring break yesterday.  Dealership wanted to keep the bike for 3 days to fix it, so I bought the spring and did it myself.

My right side did the very same... dealer ordered a new latch

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

rydrcoach

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE6
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2013, 05:22:12 PM »

3 days to fix a saddlebag latch spring? That's nuts. Replacing the latch is the quick fix, replacing the spring is even quicker.

93-331-29psi

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Candy Cobalt/Twilight BLUE RG
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2013, 01:46:40 PM »

3 days to fix a saddlebag latch spring? That's nuts. Replacing the latch is the quick fix, replacing the spring is even quicker.

Yeah it broke on a Sunday and the service guys were booked up for the beginning of the week.  I think the $1.99 spring took all of 15 minutes to replace.  Should've pushed for a new latch though...  Oh well, it'll break again.

dieseldennis

« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2013, 09:54:15 PM »

Well... the mirror and corner of the fairing were poking out of the crate. Left saddlebag latch, outer fairing, fairing seal on left side, clutch lever had a scuff from the cardboard. Also noted were scratches on the tank and console, and a crease on the front fender and bubbles in the clear on the front fender and burrs in the chrome on the engine guard.

If you look at total cost for parts and labor... still a lot of money... some by damage and some by defect... either way it cost the moco $$$

Same thing with me. Here is how it was shipped to me. HD packed and shipped. Luckily this one had no visible damage. Seems to ride great too. Less a few minor warranty issues.  I actually deliver HD's to the local dealership. Two of the last shipments came damaged from the last trucking company. In Canada Big Freight is used. They sub contract the loads out to the lowest bidder. You get what you pay for.

dieseldennis

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2013, 10:02:17 PM »

Sorry to hear about all these problems on the 2012 models. I hope
that all these issues are worked out for everybody.

Knock on wood, but one of the main reasons why I will KEEP my 09'. Last
year of the "Hand Built" CVO's.

Good luck to all and Ride Safe!

YELLOWBIRD

They still are. Aren't they? I was told they were all hand built and hand painted. What's up?

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2013, 10:29:43 PM »

They still are. Aren't they? I was told they were all hand built and hand painted. What's up?

They used to be...but not anymore.  When the York plant was reconfigured a few years ago, the CVO's joined the production line...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2013, 10:51:18 PM »

Who told you that, a buddy or a salesman at a dealership?  A buddy I could understand giving you outdated information.  A salesman should know better, but many have found that the employees of the typical Harley dealership know less than the average customer.

Anyhow, the paint is done by an outside vendor as it always has been.  The actual assembly of the parts is done on the main assembly line these days, whereas in the past the CVO's were assembled off line in a separate area by a small team of people.  Some might insist this made them a "custom" and thus a better build, but in reality the odds of getting all the parts screwed on right and tight is better on the main assembly line using production tooling.

Harley quality isn't all that great regardless of where it's screwed together.  Paying a premium price for a CVO doesn't change that.  What you get for the extra cash is the paint job and some accessories from the catalog installed at the plant.  Think of it as being similar to the top of the line trim package on a car.  You get a bunch of optional stuff, but the build quality isn't any different than the lesser models.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

dieseldennis

« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2013, 12:14:35 AM »

I think I may have gotten confused. Maybe not though I'm not sure. I remember reading they were hand made, but it could have been an old article. And the guy at the dealership who tried to sell me this same model bike ( but failed ) said they were hand painted. I probably put two and two together and got three.

I actually got this bike from another province used. Yes a used '13. With 750 km ( 450 miles ) on it. I paid 8k less than the original purchaser too. I paid 3k less than new and it has cams, exhaust, SE tuner and some other accesories.....I was worried the deal was one of those too good to be true thingies, but so far so good. Less a shabby shipping job from the HD dealership, a weird shifting issue, and a seemingly impossible to use properly stereo all seems well.

On that shifting issue though. Anyone else have an occasional hard time getting her back into first? Sometimes I can keep pushing er down but nothing. It's like she continuously jumps back into second. I would have to engage the clutch a bit, roll a bit and then put her into first. Is this a warranty issue? Or just some of HDs hidden pleasant treats.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2013, 09:40:44 AM »

I think I may have gotten confused. Maybe not though I'm not sure. I remember reading they were hand made, but it could have been an old article. And the guy at the dealership who tried to sell me this same model bike ( but failed ) said they were hand painted. I probably put two and two together and got three.

I actually got this bike from another province used. Yes a used '13. With 750 km ( 450 miles ) on it. I paid 8k less than the original purchaser too. I paid 3k less than new and it has cams, exhaust, SE tuner and some other accesories.....I was worried the deal was one of those too good to be true thingies, but so far so good. Less a shabby shipping job from the HD dealership, a weird shifting issue, and a seemingly impossible to use properly stereo all seems well.

On that shifting issue though. Anyone else have an occasional hard time getting her back into first? Sometimes I can keep pushing er down but nothing. It's like she continuously jumps back into second. I would have to engage the clutch a bit, roll a bit and then put her into first. Is this a warranty issue? Or just some of HDs hidden pleasant treats.

That's absolutely not normal, and is a warranty issue.  It's not uncommon to find air in the the hydraulic clutch system on new bikes, keeping the clutch from fully disengaging, which makes shifting clumsy at best.
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 21 queries.