Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: 2012 FLTRXSE Issues- REPORT THEM HERE  (Read 19332 times)

93-331-29psi

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Candy Cobalt/Twilight BLUE RG
Re: 2012 FLTRXSE Issues- REPORT THEM HERE
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 09:16:57 PM »

fuel tank has dents under paint that can be seen under the paint but not felt. scratch on inner fairing by speaker. had hidden antenna installed in fairing.WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP,no reception.

Harley unit or aftermarket?

Guthrie52

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2012, 12:36:26 AM »

Nothing to report... Life is good :2vrolijk_21:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2012, 08:39:49 AM »

Nothing to report... Life is good :2vrolijk_21:

X2
Just living the dream here in North Carolina!

;)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2012, 12:04:50 PM »

Radio Display went out....

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

scttgr8

• Senior CVO Member
  • my new GLIDE

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2012, 08:37:39 PM »

X2

;)

SBB
:cucumber: :cucumber: :cucumber:    me too or three or also...enjoying life
2012 HD Road Glide Custom CVO (FLTRXSE) Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics I added wrapped chrome license plate bracket/cover, saddlebag guard rails, replaced black Engine covers w/Chrome, RCx slip-ons mounted on Fullsac "C" X head pipe, TTS tuner tuned! Enjoying life ...living the dream!!!

Lineman Az.

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2012, 09:16:23 PM »

Wait ! I'm not done. Now I also have DOT 4 fluid coming out of my clutch lever while I'm riding. I tried to polish it off but it seems to have ruined the clear coat on my glove box lid !! Arrgghh! :(
Enjoy life while you still can !!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2012, 09:31:13 PM »

Wait ! I'm not done. Now I also have DOT 4 fluid coming out of my clutch lever while I'm riding. I tried to polish it off but it seems to have ruined the clear coat on my glove box lid !! Arrgghh! :(

Don't try to polish anything, take it to the dealer and have them replace any damaged parts AFTER they fix or replace the defective master cylinder.  I'm assuming the plunger seal is leaking if the fluid is coming out at the lever.  Or of course the cap could be leaking or the banjo fitting for the line.  Whatever it is, warranty should cover it and any damage it caused.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Lineman Az.

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 12:32:15 AM »

Don't try to polish anything, take it to the dealer and have them replace any damaged parts AFTER they fix or replace the defective master cylinder.  I'm assuming the plunger seal is leaking if the fluid is coming out at the lever.  Or of course the cap could be leaking or the banjo fitting for the line.  Whatever it is, warranty should cover it and any damage it caused.

Jerry
[/quoteThanks Jerry, yes I have an appt. with the dealer next week anyway because they have to replace the outer fairing . I called them today to "go on record" about the leaking clutch and damage to the lid. I had cleaned it with harley gloss before I realized what it was but the drops definitely pitted the clear coat. So farI have no complaints about my dealer. They have been cool about all of the issues so far. It's just a pain to have problems with a brand new bike.
Enjoy life while you still can !!

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2012, 12:10:01 PM »

X2

;)

SBB

Ok Chip.............TIME to change your picture to 3 BLUE BIKES!!!!!
The "TAZMUN"

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

• CVO1: 2012 CVO RGC "Dirty Skunk"
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 01:17:46 AM »

Well I must say that finding this thread has me all kinds of nervous, I pick my bike up tomorrow. Hopefully there will be no major issues with mine. I did go over mine aesthetically today while at the dealer and nothing I came across in that regard. Tomorrow I get to ride her for the first time.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 01:21:38 AM »

Well I must say that finding this thread has me all kinds of nervous, I pick my bike up tomorrow. Hopefully there will be no major issues with mine. I did go over mine aesthetically today while at the dealer and nothing I came across in that regard. Tomorrow I get to ride her for the first time.

Dont sweat it.. nothing makes them "unsafe" to ride except the wobble from the loose neck bearings.

All the other things are minor annoyances, but the thread was started as a place to look for issues others as well as myself have had.... pick yours up and ride it.

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

• CVO1: 2012 CVO RGC "Dirty Skunk"
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 01:30:37 AM »

Dont sweat it.. nothing makes them "unsafe" to ride except the wobble from the loose neck bearings.

All the other things are minor annoyances, but the thread was started as a place to look for issues others as well as myself have had.... pick yours up and ride it.

I'm not stressing it was just concerning to spot a 3 page thread so quickly on these bikes that aren't cheap.

What I am liking about this whole experience is that I am getting my bike from the get go how I wanted it and everything is under warranty. It just stinks for those involved to have issues that keep them from riding, especially on a CVO model.

The complaint about the voltage regulator threw me for a loop because I have a buddy out in AZ now from Miami on his 2 month old Limited and his took a crap on him. Toook the better part of a day to find him a replacement in the area and the dealers were all saying this has become a common issue on the '12 models, hence the low stock on the part.

This is not my first HD bike just my first CVO, and I can't wait to pick it up in the morning, wife gave me a free pass to ride all day, gonna start breaking her in from the get go. I can screw with my new iPod after I get some miles in.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 02:52:11 PM »

Pick it up and take it on a nice long ride. Enjoy it and stop it back by the dealer, take it out of gear, and let the clutch out. If all is quiet, life is good. If it rattles like hell, you can join our club!  ;)
RETIRED! :fireman:

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 03:00:36 PM »

I'm not stressing it was just concerning to spot a 3 page thread so quickly on these bikes that aren't cheap.

What I am liking about this whole experience is that I am getting my bike from the get go how I wanted it and everything is under warranty. It just stinks for those involved to have issues that keep them from riding, especially on a CVO model.

The complaint about the voltage regulator threw me for a loop because I have a buddy out in AZ now from Miami on his 2 month old Limited and his took a crap on him. Toook the better part of a day to find him a replacement in the area and the dealers were all saying this has become a common issue on the '12 models, hence the low stock on the part.

This is not my first HD bike just my first CVO, and I can't wait to pick it up in the morning, wife gave me a free pass to ride all day, gonna start breaking her in from the get go. I can screw with my new iPod after I get some miles in.

Re: iPod... if you have another iPod you can use that.... the stereo will dive you a warning if you use a hard-drive type iPod... saying damage may occur.

I've used mine with no issues.. until I pulled on the cable too hard and had to replace it.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2012, 10:30:17 AM »

Ok Chip.............TIME to change your picture to 3 BLUE BIKES!!!!!

YUP I agree.
But this job thing has been cramping my riding pleasure here lately.
Soon Mr. Taz soon!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.27 seconds with 22 queries.