Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Dual Exhaust ..Hooker or Rhinehardt ?  (Read 12180 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Dual Exhaust ..Hooker or Rhinehardt ?
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2006, 09:43:32 PM »

How's this B?

Something new ? Or did I not scroll down far enough. Either way, those are perfect Jim

Thanks
           B B

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2006, 09:55:42 PM »

Man is there an emoticon of a bull leaving a pie in the field ?  Should be, because that's what the above thread was. 100% Grade A Meadow muffin. Cowpie. Road apples.  [smiley=oops.gif]

B B

How's 'bout this one?

rc50won

• Please someone find me a hill and some turns
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2006, 05:51:27 PM »

First post to the list (just found it after 11 months with an '06 SE Ultra).  I also went the slip on route with Super Trapps, EFi Kit/Race Tuner Kit.  Great sound and reasonable power after dyno work.  93hp/94tq.  I am pleased and they did not cost me a fortune.  Dyno chart is attached.

05 BMW R1200GS

Well guys after some extensive research and talking with the head tech at my local HD shop this is the conclusion I've come to on my exhaust. According to the Tech he finds it much easier to tune a CVO when the original header pipes with the cross over is still on the bike and with a set of good slip on's. He tells me he can get more HP on the dyno out of this simple set up then he can out of Rhinehart True Duals ...or most any other Duals ...he says that the stock header pipes acts as a two into one ...tells me he should be able to get 95 to 100 HP out of my bike with this set up including the race tuner ...well I suppose I'll find out tomorrow evening ..

Dude
'05 BMW R1200GS

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2006, 03:04:52 AM »

First post to the list (just found it after 11 months with an '06 SE Ultra).  I also went the slip on route with Super Trapps, EFi Kit/Race Tuner Kit.  Great sound and reasonable power after dyno work.  93hp/94tq.  I am pleased and they did not cost me a fortune.  Dyno chart is attached.

05 BMW R1200GS

RC;
Welcome to the site! You'll be glad you found us but hand onto you wallet, we'll help you spent your hard earned $'s really quick. Why don't you go here and start a post and introduce yourself: http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=cvo_nmi
 [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2007, 12:09:11 AM »

I re-read through this thread and then went out to look up more information on the Hooker Duals...this system does have some features that are pretty impressive.  

http://www.holley.com/27623HKR.asp

True Dual Slash Cut System for 96+ cubic inch engines.
1985-2005 DRESSER Part #: 27623HKR

Features

* Proven big horsepower and torque gains.
    * [highlight]Stepped header pipes [/highlight]that produce a broad power band.
    * [highlight]Metallic Ceramic Coating inside and out on internal head pipes [/highlight]
       retain heat increasing  exhaust velocity for more horsepower (Industry’s First).
    * [highlight]Tuned Flow® mufflers feature adjustable flow to allow precise tuning [/highlight]
        of performance and   sound quality with no disassembly (Industry’s First).
    * Full coverage heatshields for that big tube look with no visible blueing.
    * Double wall collector that protects against blueing.
    * Tuneable, throaty [highlight]sound that is adjustable up to 40%[/highlight].
    * [highlight]Specific applications for big motors with bigger primaries and larger steps
       (Industry’s First).[/highlight]
    * Everything is provided
    * exhaust gaskets, C-clips, chromed flanges, machined brackets, nuts, bolts, and instructions for easy installation.

All the above for $680.90 at  www.cyclespot.com  and maybe cheaper at some other sites.   I haven't heard of anyone having any fitment issues with these and those that have them seem to swear by them....especially Beags.

I was thinking about going w/Freedom duals....now I may have to re-think my choices all over again.   I want it all...looks, performance, sound, fitment, fuel economy and all at a price that isn't rediculous.  I wish this were an easier process to decide, but given all of the options that are out there....it ain't.    

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

grit

• GRIT
  • Junior CVO Member
  • CVO 2009; FLHTCUSE Stardust Silver/Twilight Blue
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2007, 04:12:05 PM »

This is my first post, on a subject near and dear ... Exhaust. I'm trying to decide what to do on my 07 FLHTCUSE2 too but here's what I've learned about exhaust. There are 3 things, sound, looks and performace. It's easy to get the first 2 but the third, performance, will drive you nutts. On my other bike, a 95ci, I've done the heads, cams, timing, 45 Mikuni etc, etc. But the first time I put it on a dyno, the operator said Grit, "your going to be real disappointed with those Rineharts." There a racing pipe!!! You'll get good high end numbers, over 112 hp was easy, but the torque will suck. It did! If I recall it was in the 80's. The baffles were too open! This was on a FLHT also so I needed torque! (We ride 2 up and tour.) I went thru 3 sets of baffles on the Rineharts. 2 1/2 inch, 2 1/4 and 2 inch. (think that's right ... it's been awhile) The 2 inch baffles producted the best torque, around 107 pds but of course the hp dropped way off and it sounded terrible. (like a metric, if you know what I mean.) I settled on the 2 1/4" to bring back the "potato, potato" sound. Even then the best sound was from the largest size baffle. Last time on the dyno it ran 105 hp and 104 torque but only after tuning the baffles with the insertion of a welded washer/bolt in each muffler. The washers are turned to adjust the exhaust flow. The more "closed" creates more back pressure and each muffler was tuned for peak dyno performance. Now I hear that Rinehart got away from those horrible springs holding the heat shield in place? I hope so because when they fly off there's no telling which state they will land in. It always happens during servicing of the bike too. I'm reading more threads before I spend any money on exhaust for the 07SE. Something tells me that this new 110's exhaust may only need individual header pipes. (to move that hot temperature away from my right thigh)

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2007, 04:25:13 PM »

Hey Grit !

Welcome from the other border ! (FRANCE) [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Welcome on the best site for CVO's owners!

It'll be fine for the others members if you presente you in the thread " New member introduction" with a pic of your bike! ;)

Regards
Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2007, 04:33:02 PM »

This is my first post, on a subject near and dear ... Exhaust. I'm trying to decide what to do on my 07 FLHTCUSE2 too but here's what I've learned about exhaust. There are 3 things, sound, looks and performace. It's easy to get the first 2 but the third, performance, will drive you nutts. On my other bike, a 95ci, I've done the heads, cams, timing, 45 Mikuni etc, etc. But the first time I put it on a dyno, the operator said Grit, "your going to be real disappointed with those Rineharts." There a racing pipe!!! You'll get good high end numbers, over 112 hp was easy, but the torque will suck. It did! If I recall it was in the 80's. The baffles were too open! This was on a FLHT also so I needed torque! (We ride 2 up and tour.) I went thru 3 sets of baffles on the Rineharts. 2 1/2 inch, 2 1/4 and 2 inch. (think that's right ... it's been awhile) The 2 inch baffles producted the best torque, around 107 pds but of course the hp dropped way off and it sounded terrible. (like a metric, if you know what I mean.) I settled on the 2 1/4" to bring back the "potato, potato" sound. Even then the best sound was from the largest size baffle. Last time on the dyno it ran 105 hp and 104 torque but only after tuning the baffles with the insertion of a welded washer/bolt in each muffler. The washers are turned to adjust the exhaust flow. The more "closed" creates more back pressure and each muffler was tuned for peak dyno performance. Now I hear that Rinehart got away from those horrible springs holding the heat shield in place? I hope so because when they fly off there's no telling which state they will land in. It always happens during servicing of the bike too. I'm reading more threads before I spend any money on exhaust for the 07SE. Something tells me that this new 110's exhaust may only need individual header pipes. (to move that hot temperature away from my right thigh)

Hey grit, welcome aboard. I think you asked the question that everyone has asked, but no one has been able to answer. What one guy likes, the next guy hates. What performs with one bike, falls down on another. You already have experience with one brand, so you've got a headstart. I'm picking my SERK  up this week and am using S&S SPO slip-ons and installing a PC. If the heat's still there, I'll go with the V&H TD's also. You're not gonna pull big numbers with the stock 110", with the stock cams from what I've seen. The ECM mods are more important for the heat than anything. If you're only doing exhaust, I wouldn't go too big. And you'll get better TQ than HP. If you're doing cams ond other engine mods, I'd look at the larger performance systems. But there's not one answer for this. There's a lot of good advice here. What you do has gotta work for you though. It's about the combined components and how well they are matched with each other, that's the secret. Finding that secret combo is the key! Good luck with your new ride! ;) Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Bagger

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2007, 08:12:03 PM »

I re-read through this thread and then went out to look up more information on the Hooker Duals...this system does have some features that are pretty impressive.  

http://www.holley.com/27623HKR.asp

True Dual Slash Cut System for 96+ cubic inch engines.
1985-2005 DRESSER Part #: 27623HKR

Features

* Proven big horsepower and torque gains.
    * [highlight]Stepped header pipes [/highlight]that produce a broad power band.
    * [highlight]Metallic Ceramic Coating inside and out on internal head pipes [/highlight]
       retain heat increasing  exhaust velocity for more horsepower (Industry’s First).
    * [highlight]Tuned Flow® mufflers feature adjustable flow to allow precise tuning [/highlight]
        of performance and   sound quality with no disassembly (Industry’s First).
    * Full coverage heatshields for that big tube look with no visible blueing.
    * Double wall collector that protects against blueing.
    * Tuneable, throaty [highlight]sound that is adjustable up to 40%[/highlight].
    * [highlight]Specific applications for big motors with bigger primaries and larger steps
       (Industry’s First).[/highlight]
    * Everything is provided
    * exhaust gaskets, C-clips, chromed flanges, machined brackets, nuts, bolts, and instructions for easy installation.

All the above for $680.90 at  www.cyclespot.com  and maybe cheaper at some other sites.   I haven't heard of anyone having any fitment issues with these and those that have them seem to swear by them....especially Beags.

I was thinking about going w/Freedom duals....now I may have to re-think my choices all over again.   I want it all...looks, performance, sound, fitment, fuel economy and all at a price that isn't rediculous.  I wish this were an easier process to decide, but given all of the options that are out there....it ain't.    

WOW!  That is a great price.  It would be nice to find that system for an 06 at that price.

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2007, 08:22:38 PM »

What's different between these and the ones to fit the 06?

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2007, 08:23:17 PM »

Grit,

Good post and welcome to the site, man.  A wealth of information awaits you...just go looking for it.

Speaking of information, I will pass this little tid-bit along...I spoke with James at Freedom Cycle earlier today to get some more info on their Freedom duals for my 03 SERK application and all I can say for now is just hold onto your money/buying decision til say mid-February.  There are some new items coming out/being debuted at the Cincinnati show from several big players and you just may find what you are looking for.   Having said this, it is my hope that people don't go running to the phone and start hounding the folks at FCC...suffice to say that they won't divulge much more than what I am telling you now.  Just be patient and wait for another couple weeks or so and you will be pleasantly surprised/informed on whats coming.    ;)

Hey it's still winter anyway in most places and you can't ride...so, go chase momma around the house in the meantime.   :-*    

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

Bagger

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2007, 08:42:30 PM »

What's different between these and the ones to fit the 06?

I haven't a clue other than Cyclespot says it fits up to 05.  Of course, I haven't delved too far into it either.  I'm torn between V&H and Hooker..........and I'm not in a hurry right now.  I'm certain there is a system for 06.........I just wonder if it can be had for the same great price.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2007, 09:03:16 PM »

I haven't a clue other than Cyclespot says it fits up to 05.  Of course, I haven't delved too far into it either.  I'm torn between V&H and Hooker..........and I'm not in a hurry right now.  I'm certain there is a system for 06.........I just wonder if it can be had for the same great price.
Bagger,

It's most likely that one of two things happened; either the description on the pipes was never updated after '05 (which I've seen on other parts), or this was the knee-jerk reaction to the tougher EPA regs which debuted for the '06 model year.  There should be no actual fitment issue between the '05 and the '06 exhaust.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2007, 09:05:02 PM »

Grit,

Good post and welcome to the site, man.  A wealth of information awaits you...just go looking for it.

Speaking of information, I will pass this little tid-bit along...I spoke with James at Freedom Cycle earlier today to get some more info on their Freedom duals for my 03 SERK application and all I can say for now is just hold onto your money/buying decision til say mid-February.  [highlight]There are some new items coming out/being debuted at the Cincinnati show from several big players and you just may find what you are looking for[/highlight].   Having said this, it is my hope that people don't go running to the phone and start hounding the folks at FCC...suffice to say that they won't divulge much more than what I am telling you now.  Just be patient and wait for another couple weeks or so and you will be pleasantly surprised/informed on whats coming.    ;)

Hey it's still winter anyway in most places and you can't ride...so, go chase momma around the house in the meantime.   :-*    

That is exactly what I have been anticipating (well, really hoping for anyway).

Gregg

Bagger

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2007, 09:13:07 PM »

Bagger,

It's most likely that one of two things happened; either the description on the pipes was never updated after '05 (which I've seen on other parts), or this was the knee-jerk reaction to the tougher EPA regs which debuted for the '06 model year.  There should be no actual fitment issue between the '05 and the '06 exhaust.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry.  I need to do my homework......it just isn't a pressing issue right now.  It is further complicated by the choice.  Since I've had both on other bikes, and loved them both, it is hard to make up my mind.  Perhaps Hooker for the TD header.......so I get the stepping action, with V&H Ovals, which have the best sound I've ever heard.  Need to do my homework.  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 21 queries.