Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Dual Exhaust ..Hooker or Rhinehardt ?  (Read 12181 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Dual Exhaust ..Hooker or Rhinehardt ?
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2007, 09:52:03 PM »

Don't screw around.......buy the Hookers.  They are infinately adjustable for what ever you have planned  (or not planned in the future....may save some $$$ in the future)....they sound great (maybe a little loud for the "old farts" out there.......but make GOBBS of torque......pinch those baby's off and go like hell.......).  I've been a big fan of these pipes as well as the first guy to promote the Doherty Power Pacc (other than BB who gave me mine.....thanks bro....gotta give credit where credit is due....remember the silly puddy???????LOL)........the shtick just plain works...........Make sure you get the right pipes.....thay make a set of head pipes for 95" and less......and one for 96" and bigger....the adjustibility is up to you...or your tuner.  Give it the chance, you won't be dissappointed.

_Beagle

I just had to throw my $.02 in......
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Bagger

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2007, 10:05:06 PM »

Don't screw around.......buy the Hookers.  They are infinately adjustable for what ever you have planned  (or not planned in the future....may save some $$$ in the future)....they sound great (maybe a little loud for the "old farts" out there.......but make GOBBS of torque......pinch those baby's off and go like hell.......).  I've been a big fan of these pipes as well as the first guy to promote the Doherty Power Pacc (other than BB who gave me mine.....thanks bro....gotta give credit where credit is due....remember the silly puddy???????LOL)........the shtick just plain works...........Make sure you get the right pipes.....thay make a set of head pipes for 95" and less......and one for 96" and bigger....the adjustibility is up to you...or your tuner.  Give it the chance, you won't be dissappointed.

_Beagle

I just had to throw my $.02 in......

Had 'em before Beags..............and LOVED them.  The only problem is I've had a set of V&H Big Shots Long on the same scoot after 95" conversion, and loved them too.  In other words..........I want 'em both.  I know it is hard to compare the Hooker TDs to the V&H BS Longs with the Power Chamber............but they're both damn good systems.  Definitely sticking with duals on both sides instead of everything running down one side like the BS Longs did.  And I like Hooker's stepped headers, so I'll probably go with the Hooker headers.  The real sticking point is the mufflers.  Hookers or V&H Ovals.  Hookers are adjustable.......and I appreciated that when I was running a PCIIIUSB.  However those Ovals just do it for me.  They look and sound great, and from what I've felt, they can pin my ears together behind my head when I pounce on the throttle..........and that is what I want.  TORQUE!  I could care less about HP.  Like I said..........just doin' my homework.

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2007, 07:10:19 AM »

Bagger,

It's most likely that one of two things happened; either the description on the pipes was never updated after '05 (which I've seen on other parts), or this was the knee-jerk reaction to the tougher EPA regs which debuted for the '06 model year.  There should be no actual fitment issue between the '05 and the '06 exhaust.

Jerry

Thats what I was hoping for.  I could not think of a single difference between the two that would make any difference.  I had never seen the Holly's before and I am interested in finding out more.

I want to get some pipes later this summer and I am making my list now.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2007, 10:31:58 AM »

Had 'em before Beags..............and LOVED them.  The only problem is I've had a set of V&H Big Shots Long on the same scoot after 95" conversion, and loved them too.  In other words..........I want 'em both.  I know it is hard to compare the Hooker TDs to the V&H BS Longs with the Power Chamber............but they're both damn good systems.  Definitely sticking with duals on both sides instead of everything running down one side like the BS Longs did.  And I like Hooker's stepped headers, so I'll probably go with the Hooker headers.  The real sticking point is the mufflers.  Hookers or V&H Ovals.  Hookers are adjustable.......and I appreciated that when I was running a PCIIIUSB.  However those Ovals just do it for me.  They look and sound great, and from what I've felt, they can pin my ears together behind my head when I pounce on the throttle..........and that is what I want.  TORQUE!  I could care less about HP.  Like I said..........just doin' my homework.
Bagger,
Torque is what you'll get with the V&H ovals.  I paired those up with the V&H true duals and although my HP was only a tad over 86 at 5500rpm, my torque jumped up from 92 stock, to over 107 lbft at around 3000-3500 rpm...right where torque is really nice to have.  Seat of the pants feel is nice when you roll the throttle on.
Cheers  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2007, 11:19:45 AM »

Bagger,
Torque is what you'll get with the V&H ovals.  I paired those up with the V&H true duals and although my HP was only a tad over 86 at 5500rpm, my torque jumped up from 92 stock, to over 107 lbft at around 3000-3500 rpm...right where torque is really nice to have.  Seat of the pants feel is nice when you roll the throttle on.
Cheers  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

You guys with the 07's have a bit of an advantage in the TQ department...bigger motor for one thing, but equally or more important is that it comes in earlier (lower RPM).  I think the cam is slightly different than the 103's.  Good tq numbers though, Red...

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2007, 07:42:25 PM »

OH Sh$t!!   Do I gotta buy a new set of pipes now?????......The Hookers are the best I've seen (first hand)....now I gotta go buy a freakin' set of VH and try em out........ I do have to tell you that I had a White Bro's E series on my old softail.....same concept as the VH????  With the flow plates?????  Teach the newbie????? and they were great.  That was a 2 into 1 though.  I think in either case,  you're not gonna be off more than 2 or 3 lbs either way.  Go with the look you like best. In the end,  if they both perform +/- the same......go for the best look. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Bagger

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2007, 11:07:13 PM »

OH Sh$t!!   Do I gotta buy a new set of pipes now?????......The Hookers are the best I've seen (first hand)....now I gotta go buy a freakin' set of VH and try em out........ I do have to tell you that I had a White Bro's E series on my old softail.....same concept as the VH????  With the flow plates?????  Teach the newbie????? and they were great.  That was a 2 into 1 though.  I think in either case,  you're not gonna be off more than 2 or 3 lbs either way.  Go with the look you like best. In the end,  if they both perform +/- the same......go for the best look. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

_Beagle

Workin' on it, Beags.  Here's a question:  Have you noticed any yellowing on on your Hooker mufflers?  I had that problem near the point at which they connected to the headers, and about midway back.  I've never heard of the Ovals doing that...........Yeah, I know it is a tuning challenge, but just about every set of Hookers I've seen has the yellowing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.