Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Not a CVO - but my wife loves "Beyonce", her new 2012 Tri Glide Ultra!  (Read 9444 times)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: Not a CVO - but my wife loves "Beyonce", her new 2012 Tri Glide Ultra!
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2012, 12:12:21 PM »

I had the same problem Ken, not enough room.  So I bought the empty lot beside my house and added a 3 car garage  :P

NICE, Judy!

I WISH I could do something like that... problem is, there's no empty lot beside us, and neighborhood covenants prohibit "adding on" anything anyway... they even prohibit outdoor storage buildings! My wife bought this house before we met (and of course before the Harleys...), and now we're trapped here. We have talked many times about moving - but with the housing market having plummeted, it would cost us a fortune to get out of this place and into something else.

So, I'll be toughing it out here in our tiny little overcrowded 2-stall garage for a long time... maybe forever...  :nixweiss:

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2012, 12:34:02 PM »

NICE, Judy!

I WISH I could do something like that... problem is, there's no empty lot beside us, and neighborhood covenants prohibit "adding on" anything anyway... they even prohibit outdoor storage buildings! My wife bought this house before we met (and of course before the Harleys...), and now we're trapped here. We have talked many times about moving - but with the housing market having plummeted, it would cost us a fortune to get out of this place and into something else.

So, I'll be toughing it out here in our tiny little overcrowded 2-stall garage for a long time... maybe forever...  :nixweiss:

We have the same rules in my development Ken, no sheds, no add-ons  :-\ so I went back to the architect that built the house and she tied the garage roof line in with the house roof and it passed the housing development  :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2012, 10:51:09 PM »

I'm BEGINNING to get a little CONCERNED that Beyonce is getting more attention then BUSTER is here... just SAYIN'...

Although she DID just get her POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL front brake caliper bolts today... She's SUCH a SHOW-OFF...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana

Hey Ken, I have an idea! Park all your cars outside and have both stalls for your most
excellent bike and trike.

I hope your wife likes the idea that she is riding the best looking trike out there. Good job!! :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock:

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

Hey Ken, I have an idea! Park all your cars outside and have both stalls for your most
excellent bike and trike.

I hope your wife likes the idea that she is riding the best looking trike out there. Good job!! :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock:

Thanks for the compliments, Mark.

Heehee... The 4-wheelers were evicted from the garage years ago! One side is for Buster and Beyonce, and the other side is my far-overcrowded work area.

And it's literally my work area... I do software development, and I sit in the garage at my 8'x2' workbench by the bikes all day and write my code on a 27" display attached to my MacBook Pro.

Pretty nice work arrangements, I must say!

The Wizard's Tune

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member

My gawd! That's the purtiest TriGlide I have ever laid eyes on! Very nicely done. :2vrolijk_21:

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

My gawd! That's the purtiest TriGlide I have ever laid eyes on! Very nicely done. :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks, Rob!

Here's Momma setting out for a ride with her Hells Grannies female riding group recently... wearing my old H-D black chrome helmet that she's decided she likes now, to look more BAD AZZ. She always wore FF helmets before... but now she is more confident she won't lay the bike over!   :bananarock:

The Wizard's Tune

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

Way to Go Granny that is a *itchen Looking Ride and a very nice pic.
Way to go Ken you guys have a Heck of a set of nice Rides      :2vrolijk_21:

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

Way to Go Granny that is a *itchen Looking Ride and a very nice pic.
Way to go Ken you guys have a Heck of a set of nice Rides      :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks very much, Greg. It's been a lot of fun blinging them both out. I still need to put cams in Beyonce, and tune her properly. She has a Fullsac X-Pipe B, Big Sucker, V&H Big Ovals slip-ons, and a TTS... but I'm still running the Fullsac Stage 1 cal in Beyonce.

Andrews 26H cams are probably the best choice for my wife's riding style... they have a shorter duration that produces tons of low end torque to get the big, nearly 1,400 lb machine moving, and they come in around 1800 RPM. I could go with the SE 254e cams that are excellent for the 103" engine - but my wife rarely revs much above 3000 RPM anyway... 3500 max and not often. She never really get into their power band.

She's a very cautious, low-end rider... pretty much the Anti-Ken !!!  :nixweiss:

The Wizard's Tune

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8

Thanks, Rob!

Here's Momma setting out for a ride with her Hells Grannies female riding group recently... wearing my old H-D black chrome helmet that she's decided she likes now, to look more BAD AZZ. She always wore FF helmets before... but now she is more confident she won't lay the bike over!   :bananarock:

Hey Ken,  I can tell by the smile on your wife's face that she is very happy with her scooter  ::). Since I'm waiting in line for it when she's ready for something else, tell her to be careful and not get any scratches on this beauty.  :P
~Judy
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

Hey Ken,  I can tell by the smile on your wife's face that she is very happy with her scooter  ::). Since I'm waiting in line for it when she's ready for something else, tell her to be careful and not get any scratches on this beauty.  :P
~Judy

Heehee... Will do, Judy! I think she likes it!

The one thing I have for Beyonce but have not yet installed is the clear rear fender trim... to protect the big rear fenders from rocks and such on the road. Gotta do that soon!

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

n7543g

• Full CVO Member

They are a great ride and you did a number one job! Great taste :orange: :orange: :orange:

Mark

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana

Thanks for the compliments, Mark.

Heehee... The 4-wheelers were evicted from the garage years ago! One side is for Buster and Beyonce, and the other side is my far-overcrowded work area.

And it's literally my work area... I do software development, and I sit in the garage at my 8'x2' workbench by the bikes all day and write my code on a 27" display attached to my MacBook Pro.

Pretty nice work arrangements, I must say!
Ken, how do you stay focused??? Sitting next to those beautiful bikes all day would be like
sitting next to two beautiful ladies all day. I would be wanting to go for a ride every day on one or
the other, or maybe both if I could get away with it!!!!   :2vrolijk_21: You must sit with your back
to them. :bananarock:

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue

Great looking bike for the Mrs. She means a lot to you to get her one of those. Mine has no desire to be in the front seat of any kind of bike at all.

Now about that WD Avy with the color matched sail panels in the drive behind it,,,,  Another great choice in rides. Then again, I'm partial to the Avy's. We have two..so far. ;D
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

Ken, how do you stay focused??? Sitting next to those beautiful bikes all day would be like
sitting next to two beautiful ladies all day. I would be wanting to go for a ride every day on one or
the other, or maybe both if I could get away with it!!!!   :2vrolijk_21: You must sit with your back
to them. :bananarock:

Mark... it's simple... I'm a GEEK! When I am in the ZONE writing code, a Playboy model walking by wouldn't distrac... Wait a minute... scratch that! I'm not THAT geeky!

But I do look at the bikes wistfully at times... and SIGH... especially when I'm on of those interminable conference calls that seem to get scheduled all too often!

The Wizard's Tune
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 22 queries.