Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: What are the best performing exhausts for 2012 CVO Streetglide ??  (Read 17874 times)

OZWACVO

Hi fellow CVO riders my 2012 CVO Streetglide arrives this month - what exhaust works best and sounds good without compromises the sound from the audio system.

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
Re: What are the best performing exhausts for 2012 CVO Streetglide ??
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 10:48:34 AM »

[f u want the most power u can get, a 2-1 exhaust header is best,,, Or a 2-1-2 will give u the dual exhaust out the back, while still giving u big boost over stock. I have had all of the above, but with a bagger I wanted duals and ended up w/ V&H Power Duals and a set of matching V&H Hi-Output slip-ons.
They sound great, nearly 4" ID and really, really deep in tone!!!!
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 10:49:58 AM »

Your first post so we'll cut you some slack......but this has been beat to death on this board. ;D

A safe bet that more members are using Fullsac baffles and Fullsac X pipe header than all the others put together.  Do a search on Fullsac on this forum.

Others are Vance & Hines and D&D.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 11:12:02 AM »

Lots of fullsac fans here.  I'm one them now also.  I went with the 2" cores and they are just right.  You might even have to turn down the radio at times to hear them.  I didn't want loud an I am very happy so far with these.  :)

petewerner

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 11:31:11 AM »

Yeah, it isnt that V&H are the only X pipe, there are atleast 2 other brands. I am not knocking them, I just like the V&H coatings and how they look new for years. I don't have experience with those products, so I cannot tell u anything about them, but then again the OP already has the head pipes and slipons, he just needs help in fitment... Now it looks like the installer has opened up the cover to the pipe by spreading it to a larger in dia. so that it goes out side the covers on the X and on the slipon, in reality it should be rolled tight again and then covered by each cover on the ends of this cover. That covers that.  ;)
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK

Smitty2u

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 11:51:55 AM »

I'm going with the Vance & Hines Power Duals header pipe with the Monster Round slipons.  I, like you, was concerned with going too loud and not being able to enjoy my stereo while on the highway.  I like the sound of these and they weren't too loud.  Here's a piece of V&H's advert....
"the new Monster Round produces that deep and mellow rumble that’s winning the hearts and minds of touring riders who put in the long distance miles. Perfect for enjoying your stereo on the highway."

Smitty
130TQ 124HP
TR Stage 2 Street Eliminator Pro-Touring Heads
TR-660-SM Cam
TTS Master Tuner
SE 10.5:1 forged pistons
4-5/8" stroke Se Pro Stroker Flywheel and rod Assembly, trued and welded by Revolution Performance
Cylinders 4.060 Bore
Timekin Bearing
SE 58mm TB
SE 5.3 grms/sec injectors
SE lifters,
SE rods
SE Clutch upgrade
V&H Power Dual headers with V&H Twin Slash Oval slipons.
Andrews 31T transmission sprocket
K&N air filter

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 12:08:11 PM »

Welcome to the site. Hope what you decide on works well for you. I, like many others on this site would not sell my Fullsac setup for a profit even though they are 2 yrs old. Good luck.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 12:47:58 PM »

Welcome to the site. Hope what you decide on works well for you. I, like many others on this site would not sell my Fullsac setup for a profit even though they are 2 yrs old. Good luck.

Man, that was very well put and afraid I have to agree. :2vrolijk_21:

On the flip side......there's a thread on this board a few years ago.....about the lack of quality in Vance & Hines quality and their lack of standing behind their products.  My story is one of them. :nixweiss:   After using Vance & Hines for years, I'll never own another V&H product!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 12:58:17 PM »

Man, that was very well put and afraid I have to agree. :2vrolijk_21:

On the flip side......there's a thread on this board a few years ago.....about the lack of quality in Vance & Hines quality and their lack of standing behind their products.  My story is one of them. :nixweiss:   After using Vance & Hines for years, I'll never own another V&H product!

I have a similiar experience with Vance and Hines exhaust.  A quality issue with flaking chrome - and was basically told to pound salt.  I'm a quick learner in such circumstance...   ;)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 01:02:05 PM »

I have a similiar experience with Vance and Hines exhaust.  A quality issue with flaking chrome - and was basically told to pound salt.  I'm a quick learner in such circumstance...   ;)

Sounds familiar.  The bike set for six months out of the year warranty, the weld breaks just after the warranty expired.....they told me I was SOL. :nixweiss:  I had the receipt showing mileage when the dealership installed the exhaust and documentation from the dealership showing just a few thousand miles when the weld broke.......didn't matter, they weren't going to stand behind it.

West Coast GTG   

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 01:20:27 PM »

to me the top 4  in no particular order are as follows

1 V&H
2 FULSAC
3 D&D
4 Fuel Moto's Jackpot pipe
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:46:01 PM by Lever »
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 01:26:12 PM »

to me the top 3  in no particular order are as follows

1 V&H
2 FULSAC
3 D&D

I'd add Fuel Moto's Jackpot pipe to your list...   :2vrolijk_21:
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 02:47:29 PM »

to me the top 4  in no particular order are as follows

1 V&H
2 FULSAC
3 D&D
4 Fuel Moto's Jackpot pipe
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 02:57:35 PM »

Welcome to the site from Sunny Lake Mary FL :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 03:06:51 PM »

Welcome to the site from NY..

Still want to hear the radio-----here is another vote for the Fullsac X pipe and baffles....want to go a little louder, then still use the X pipe, just pick another slip on muffler. Either way Fullsac will be in the answer!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 06:18:14 PM »

I'd say go with whatever you personally like, in sound, looks, and performance.  There are so many choices out there, and depending on who you talk to, theirs is the best.  Best thing to do it go out and if you can, listen to various setups,and if you're into chasing numbers, find out what their bikes dyno'd out to, then look at them and see if the looks are pleasing to you.  I've used all sorts of exhaust systems on my bikes over the years.   Everything from HD's own Screamin Eagle brand, to Vance and Hines, Klock Werks, Bassani, and Fulsac.  Can't really say I was, or am, dissappointed with any of the exhausts I've went with.  Only one person needs to be satisfied with your decision, and that's you. :) 

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 08:06:22 PM »

I'd say go with whatever you personally like, in sound, looks, and performance.  There are so many choices out there, and depending on who you talk to, theirs is the best.  Best thing to do it go out and if you can, listen to various setups,and if you're into chasing numbers, find out what their bikes dyno'd out to, then look at them and see if the looks are pleasing to you.  I've used all sorts of exhaust systems on my bikes over the years.   Everything from HD's own Screamin Eagle brand, to Vance and Hines, Klock Werks, Bassani, and Fulsac.  Can't really say I was, or am, dissappointed with any of the exhausts I've went with.  Only one person needs to be satisfied with your decision, and that's you. :) 

:devil:

:tekst-toppie: Good point, Devil.

Having said that... I run the Fullsac X-Pipe with their 2" baffles on the CVO, and love the system. Steve George makes a quality product, and I would recommend the Fullsac setup to anyone. In fact, I like the Fullsacs on my CVO so much, I bought the X-Pipe B (along with a TTS MasterTune) for my wife's new Tri Glide Ultra. I am running an older pair of V&H Big Ovals on it now - and they look and sound great.

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

petewerner

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 09:32:22 AM »

I would use any of the above listed exhaust choices on something else, just so I get to try another brand, style, or function ;)
That is alot of the fun for me, gettig to choose new stuff and compare them to other stuff! Guess I love stuff.... :)
       2 list....

SE113

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 08:39:45 PM »

2011 SESG I Had the fullsac x-pipe with the 2" Baffle, Tman SM600 cam. All runs had tman SM600 cams. I decided to install V&H power duals with the 2" Baffle big improvment, i posted a dyno sheet. The BLUE line is the Fullsac x-pipe with a good tune.  The RED line is the V&H without a tune install and ran on dyno with no tune.  The GREEN line is the V&H with a good Tune BIG improvement    All were 4th gear pulls
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:07:11 PM by SE113 »

magicscooter

• CVO1: 2012 - FLHXSE3
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 11:08:08 AM »

I hate to be the odd man out, but what about the Thunderheader set up?  I had them on my last like and really had good luck with them and the sound and power was great as well.  I took delivery of my 2012 CVO Streetglide last week and just finished up a 900 mile ride through the Davis Mountains and Texas Hill Country, so now that it is past break-in I'm looking at pipes.  Dow anyone out there run the Thunderheaders?

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 01:57:59 PM »

thunderheaders are great ...how ever  as you know  they are loud as well ..i had a thunderheader on my 91 fxr  love it
.. but the neighbors hated it when i left my house @ 6:30am  in morning's  going to work ..lol
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 02:30:35 PM »

I hate to be the odd man out, but what about the Thunderheader set up?  I had them on my last like and really had good luck with them and the sound and power was great as well.  I took delivery of my 2012 CVO Streetglide last week and just finished up a 900 mile ride through the Davis Mountains and Texas Hill Country, so now that it is past break-in I'm looking at pipes.  Dow anyone out there run the Thunderheaders?

Wrong age group here.  I run the Thunderheader on a number of bikes, for years......it's why I can't hear a damn thing anymore! :nervous:   Seriously, if it wasn't for the loudness and my hearing starting to go (I blame it on Thunderheader for years), I'd still be running it.  Now, I have the 1.75 Fullsac baffles and I can hear my stereo on the freeway! :2vrolijk_21:

More mature crowd here (not claimin to be one of em) it's more about performance with less volumne and no longer more noise. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 03:00:03 PM »

Wrong age group here.  I run the Thunderheader on a number of bikes, for years......it's why I can't hear a damn thing anymore! :nervous:   Seriously, if it wasn't for the loudness and my hearing starting to go (I blame it on Thunderheader for years), I'd still be running it.  Now, I have the 1.75 Fullsac baffles and I can hear my stereo on the freeway! :2vrolijk_21:

More mature crowd here (not claimin to be one of em) it's more about performance with less volumne and no longer more noise. :nixweiss:

ditto...  I had a Thunderheader on a custom softail I built in the mid 90's.  I loved it....but it was LOUD!!!
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 03:14:52 PM »

I prefer the D&D exhaust

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2012, 03:39:39 PM »

Hi fellow CVO riders my 2012 CVO Streetglide arrives this month - what exhaust works best and sounds good without compromises the sound from the audio system.

Where did you fade to?  :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

SilveRT8

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 04:59:52 PM »

As per my Builder, Thunder headers 2 into 1 will give max power, but as others have mentionned before they are very loud.
Second would be Supertrapp 2 into 1 for really good power and more reasonable sound.
On the build of my 2012 CVO Ultra, I chose Fullsac X pipe and Harley SE Fatshotz mufflers, nice deep sound and free flow. With TW 400-6 cam and 10.3 compression, I got 106.6 hp and 113.3 tq, but cant ride it untill spring.

magicscooter

• CVO1: 2012 - FLHXSE3
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 09:49:39 AM »

Hey all,

Thanks for the comments as they give me good things to consider.  I'll continue to do some research, call and discuss with the manufacturers, and make a decision within the next couple weeks.  The Thunder Headers sound never really bothered me on my other bikes, but I didn't have a stereo to enjoy on them either.  Plus I'm setting the new CVO bike up for some long trips, so less may actually be more.

Thanks again for the positive comments....

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 05:29:03 PM »

2011 SESG I Had the fullsac x-pipe with the 2" Baffle. I decided to install V&H power duals with the 2" Baffle big improvment, i posted a dyno sheet. The BLUE line is the Fullsac x-pipe with a good tune.  The RED line is the V&H without a tune install and ran on dyno with no tune.  The GREEN line is the V&H with a good Tune BIG improvement    All were 4th gear pulls

Bullchit numbers, but a good comparison.   Even in 6th gear at 1:1 a stock 110 isnt going to make a 107 hp  86-96 is in the hunt.   Happy Dyno, Had to make sure the dynosheet said GA vs. Upstate NY.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SE113

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 05:50:03 PM »

Bullchit numbers, but a good comparison.   Even in 6th gear at 1:1 a stock 110 isnt going to make a 107 hp  86-96 is in the hunt.   Happy Dyno, Had to make sure the dynosheet said GA vs. Upstate NY.
SM600 Cam in all runs   (Sorry left out cams) I added them to post.  Have you ever heard of Llyodz motor works in  Upstate NY.  He has done work fo me and his dyno shows the same numbers.
 If dynoed in 6th gear what do you tink the number could have been? 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:01:19 PM by SE113 »

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 07:06:31 PM »

SE113,

As i stated a stock bike will not make that there is not enough overlap in a 255 to do that.  Now that you changed the build sure that is possible we had a lot of builds that made 105/106 hp like the yuill yb14sec.  My commentary was based on a stock build and if you made 107 hp on a stock build the dyno is a happy dyno.

Thanks for clarifying your build people look at those then get depressed as they don't come close then start to chase why isnt mine making that.   My guess would be  120 tq and 110-112 hp if run in 1:1 gearing / 6th.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SE120R

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2012, 11:33:37 AM »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned kuryakyn power cell headers & chrusher mufflers. Thats what I have used on my last 3 bikes, good quality, sound, & power.

firefighter156

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 06:58:43 PM »

I prefer the D&D exhaust

What he said :)
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

2014 CVO Limited

petewerner

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 09:25:44 AM »

here is my dyno chart after a tune with my newest setup of cams, exhaust, AC, K&N filter , etc. It runs great for the setup, however it is also the base line for my next changes which will be the new Stage IV kit from HD that doesn't have all the stuff I already have, Race Tuner and some other small items. That should net me 110+ in HP and Tq. I guess the point is that this exhaust is working well with the rest of the HD stuff.
       2 list....

harleylimited

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 06:54:56 PM »

no CFR ?

i just ordered a set for my 2012 SE ??
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 21 queries.