Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Beware: Inferno 2010 FLSTSE in Branson MO  (Read 8946 times)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Re: Beware: Inferno 2010 FLSTSE in Branson MO
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2012, 06:55:51 AM »

...on a side note multiple accounts isn't a bad idea. This past year Paypal starting sending a version of a 1099 out for more than 200 transactions or over 20K. The numbers are gross numbers as they neglect to deduct their fees from that number. Anyway just a heads up as I received mine and initially fell out of my chair!
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Nick_au

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2012, 07:24:03 AM »

Ebay does the same thing here in Australia, they send info onto the tax office for all accounts that have sold over 20k .. too bad they dont tell you

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2012, 07:27:59 AM »

Bastids.... that was my "Play" money account. Reporting it takes all of the fun away from it. I purchased my Buell 1125 using my Paypal account and after that went big and bought a Corvette about a year and a half ago with it.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2012, 02:47:54 PM »

Yes i may have to open a new one, that one has $80 in it and it says i cant withdraw or send money only get paid and i cant close it
Its crap how they can defend this thief and are not interested in what the facts/proof is

$80 better than $1K!!!

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2012, 03:43:34 PM »

Nick...good luck getting through this.  It's obvious someone came along after you gave him a deposit in good faith and offered more.  It doesn't make sense PayPal won't read the Email string.  Heck, I'd send it to them anyhow.  It would make it clear you were trying in good faith to get the money to him. 

The seller backed out and is using a technicality to take your money.  If he'd not heard from you and had not been trying to work out the transfer of funds, it would be different.  It's not like you were dogging him and leading him on.  He was wrong for doing you this way.  Sorry brother. 

Consequently, this is why I restrict my sales to domestic and avoid international deals.  Nothing bad on you, it's just too many things can go wrong.  With a respected member of the CVO Harley group I might make an exception, but on Ebay...no way.

Hope you get your money back friend. 
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2012, 03:58:19 PM »

Nick...good luck getting through this.  It's obvious someone came along after you gave him a deposit in good faith and offered more.  It doesn't make sense PayPal won't read the Email string.  Heck, I'd send it to them anyhow.  It would make it clear you were trying in good faith to get the money to him. 

The seller backed out and is using a technicality to take your money.  If he'd not heard from you and had not been trying to work out the transfer of funds, it would be different.  It's not like you were dogging him and leading him on.  He was wrong for doing you this way.  Sorry brother. 

Consequently, this is why I restrict my sales to domestic and avoid international deals.  Nothing bad on you, it's just too many things can go wrong.  With a respected member of the CVO Harley group I might make an exception, but on Ebay...no way.

Hope you get your money back friend. 

Personally I try to accomodate everyone... most international buyers know the shipping is going to be excessive.

From my experience, the transaction seems to take longer... but I'm used to that living in Hawaii...

As long as both of you are good on your word... thats all that really matters in the end... Officer H on the other hand I wouldnt trust with a 10 foot pole.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2012, 04:48:56 PM »

...on a side note multiple accounts isn't a bad idea. This past year Paypal starting sending a version of a 1099 out for more than 200 transactions or over 20K. The numbers are gross numbers as they neglect to deduct their fees from that number. Anyway just a heads up as I received mine and initially fell out of my chair!

The regulation actually states "more than 200 transactions AND greater than $20,000".  It excludes any "garage sale" type transactions.  The intent is to require high-volume sellers to report their earnings as income from a business, as they should have been doing all along.  

Bush signed this back in 2008 and it's finally taken effect for the 2011 calendar year.

http://www.irs.gov/irb/2011-46_IRB/ar09.html

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:10:45 PM by Wild Card »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 22 queries.