Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: In the middle of installing WO 575's  (Read 4013 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: In the middle of installing WO 575's
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 12:39:35 PM »

Agreed.  Saved a copy.  Never know when something that good might come in handy.

X2   :2vrolijk_21:

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 10:09:14 PM »

Got everything back together, have a few problems.

I installed Harley LED lights and one of the AUX lights is defective.  Tested the wires and it's the light.  No big deal.

I also installed heat demons and since I have the hidden antenna I didn't want to use the cig lighter to power it since it had the ant hooked up there.

I hooked the heat demons up to the lead for the harley heated grip plug and they won't power up??  I know they work because I tested them twice before installed the bars.  I need to figure that out tomorrow.

I dropped a fairing bolt down in to the triple tree and we looked for it for hours lol.  It landed in a towel I had on the front fender,

Other than that everything went well.
2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
D&D FatCat Performance Baffle
Thundermax

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 10:15:33 PM »

Got everything back together, have a few problems.

I installed Harley LED lights and one of the AUX lights is defective.  Tested the wires and it's the light.  No big deal.

I also installed heat demons and since I have the hidden antenna I didn't want to use the cig lighter to power it since it had the ant hooked up there.

I hooked the heat demons up to the lead for the harley heated grip plug and they won't power up??  I know they work because I tested them twice before installed the bars.  I need to figure that out tomorrow.

I dropped a fairing bolt down in to the triple tree and we looked for it for hours lol.  It landed in a towel I had on the front fender,

Other than that everything went well.

One thing to keep in the back of your mind on the Heat Demons.  Have installed several sets and only one gave any kind of problem.  But it was a slightly unexpected problem.

That set would work while testing them.  With everything pulled through the bars and hooked up but with the elements hanging out the ends all was fine.  So shoved it all together.  Then, oops, they didn't work anymore. 

Back apart with the elements hanging out the ends all was good.  Slide the elements back inside the bars; no go.  The left element was shorting against the bars when it was installed.  The Heat Demons folks sent a new left element in a next day padded envelope and all was good.  But it took ten minutes of in and out with the element for me to know for sure what was going on.

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 10:51:54 PM »

I didn't test the factory lead that comes out of the TBW harness for factory heated grips so maybe thats the problem??

What sucks is now I have to take the everything apart again to check the leads.  I guess I would have done it earlier but I didn't have the battery hooked up because I wanted to get all the lights hooked up and the fairing back on.

It's always something
2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
Thundermax

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 08:29:54 AM »

I didn't test the factory lead that comes out of the TBW harness for factory heated grips so maybe thats the problem??

What sucks is now I have to take the everything apart again to check the leads.  I guess I would have done it earlier but I didn't have the battery hooked up because I wanted to get all the lights hooked up and the fairing back on.

It's always something

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

smiley1049

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 09:32:53 AM »

make sure you have the polarity of the leds correct or they wont work

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 09:57:51 AM »

I pulled the fairing back off and ran the Heat Demon wires to the Cig lighter.  They work fine now.  Not sure why the factory heated grip plug didn't work but oh well.

Basically everything is done now. 

I have two minor issues;  I ordered the 1" heat demon kit instead of the 1 1/4" so the housing doesn't fit the WO 575's.  My fault.  Heat Demons is sending me out a new housing to swap it out.  Pretty cool guy's over there. :2vrolijk_21:

I also installed the LED headlight and LED AUX Lamp kit.  One of my Aux lamps was defective so I had to send it back, still waiting for a replacement.

Other than that everything went pretty well.

I think the next time I have to take the radio out I will order a new rubber gasket that goes around the radio by the face plate.  It got a little beat up taking the radio in and out twice so I could fix the Heat Demons.  The second time I put the radio in I used a little WD-40 around the gasket so it would slide in better without tearing.
2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
Thundermax

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2012, 10:08:09 AM »

Couple pics;  it's going to be 55 degrees today so I put one of the old AUX lights back in so I can go ride.

2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
Thundermax

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 10:34:39 AM »

I also installed the LED headlight and LED AUX Lamp kit.  One of my Aux lamps was defective so I had to send it back, still waiting for a replacement.

Just in case it still doesn't work when the new light arrives I'll mention something you've probably already checked.  At the risk of being redundant....

If it still doesn't work check the socket that the light plugs in to.  Put a set of those on a local's bike a few months ago after he'd tried and scratched his head.  The OE socket was wired backward.  Standard bulb doesn't care about polarity.  The LEDs do.

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 10:37:11 AM »

Thanks for the tip!  I'll check that just to be sure.
2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
Thundermax
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.465 seconds with 22 queries.