Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: '10 CVO Tequila Sunrise paint help  (Read 8240 times)

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
Re: '10 CVO Tequila Sunrise paint help
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 07:43:09 PM »

Good luck Tom.  Just make sure when send in the inner, put a side cover in as well.  That way, according to them, they can match it exact, since the same paint painted on different days can have a different tint.

Are you working with Kent?  I worked with him for my inner, and have been working with him and Tyler for my Heritage Springer.

Hope it all turns out well.  Oh, another thing, send them the plugs for the holes where the fairing wind deflectors go.  They'll shoot those as well.  Nothing like having an orange fairing, with black plugs!

And be sure to include the small, black plastic bezel that surrounds the turn signal indicators/idiot lights.  HD doesn't paint them on the CVO's or their color-matched inner fairings/caps--looks much better painted to match than leaving black or covering with the HD chrome accessory cover.

Carl

DvlDg29

• '10 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 08:05:17 PM »

What is the turn around time they are giving you? I've been thinking about having the inner done.

Kent at Gunslingers gave me a 4 - 6 weeks turnaround on my speaker lids. Said that he pushes for quicker, but likes to be upfront with his customers, which I respect. Busy shops take a longer time and you don't get busy if you aren't good. Good luck with the inner.
Semper Fi

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 10:40:09 AM »

4-6 weeks might be a little optimistic, but two speaker lids on a color they've done before might be reasonable.

FWIW, I'm waiting for the tins on my Heritage Springer.  I think I dropped them off around November/December.  I can't really remember.

Sounds like a long time....but the truth is, I have my FLHXSE to ride, and I live on a ridge in Colorado at 7500' elevation.  Every time it snows in the area, we get it....

DvlDg29

• '10 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 07:08:43 PM »

4-6 weeks might be a little optimistic, but two speaker lids on a color they've done before might be reasonable.

FWIW, I'm waiting for the tins on my Heritage Springer.  I think I dropped them off around November/December.  I can't really remember.

Sounds like a long time....but the truth is, I have my FLHXSE to ride, and I live on a ridge in Colorado at 7500' elevation.  Every time it snows in the area, we get it....

Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have to send him a lid and I don't want to be without my original lid for too long. But like I said before, good painters are going to be busy.
Semper Fi
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.