Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noisey primary  (Read 1321 times)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Noisey primary
« on: July 12, 2004, 08:57:27 AM »

Hey thought you guys should be aware of this,  had a funny noise coming from the area of the primary case.  Friday after work I took it to the shop, a mechanic came out and reved the bike and said sounds fine to him he would ride it thats what a warranty is for.  Well that didn't sit well so at a BBQ friday night when we went to leave I had some of the fellas come out and listen to it when i started the bike up and give there opinions.  they all said the same thing that is not a good noise.  So went home drained the fluid and remove the inspection cover,  couldn't see anything wrong added fliud and decided to take the mechanics advice and ride it.  Well went the meet some guys at the same shop Saturday morning as I was waiting the owner came up to me and said I here you have some noise in the primary I well yes but the mechanic said it was no big deal.  Then he said if I had a couple of hours he would have a mechanic take the primary cover off and look at the compensator nut on the front primary sprocket as one of the other SEEG they sold had a loose nut.  Well when the mechanic got it apart it was loose,  they red loctited it and retighted it.  Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.